Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Another New Warrior who is likely to be barred from Krakoaland (that's what I call the current Krakoa) would be Timeslip because she has precognition powers besides time manipulation. Krakoaland bans precogs and clones from getting resurrected. So if Timeslip dies, then she would be a permanently-dead mutant instead of getting resurrected.
    So, Krakoa comes with it's own segragation rules? How enlightened of them.

Peace

Mighty Member

Another New Warrior who is likely to be barred from Krakoaland (that's what I call the current Krakoa) would be Timeslip because she has precognition powers besides time manipulation. Krakoaland bans precogs and clones from getting resurrected. So if Timeslip dies, then she would be a permanently-dead mutant instead of getting resurrected.
    Why are precogs banned from being resurrected in Krakoa?

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Why are precogs banned from being resurrected in Krakoa?
    It mainly came from Moira's grudge against precogs especially Destiny (Irene Adler).
    If I'm not mistaken, the 'No Precogs' rule came from Moira because she was tortured by Destiny, Mystique and the Brotherhood of Mutants in one of her past lives. Moira was retconned as a secret mutant in Hickman's X-Men and her secret mutant power is that she can remember all the memories she has experienced in her past lives during her reincarnation.
    Destiny threatened her that if Moira makes a mutant cure again in another life, she would get a permanent death if she gets murdered before she reaches puberty in another life.
    Moira is currently living in Krakoaland but she is hiding away in her top-secret place called Moira's No-Space where no mutant except Charles Xavier can visit her.

In other words, Moira carried a huge grudge against Destiny. Though it's rather unfair to allow her grudge to discriminate other precogs.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 08-03-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Astonishing Member

It mainly came from Moira MacTaggert's grudge against precogs especially Destiny (Irene Adler).
    If I'm not mistaken, the 'No Precogs' rule came from Moira because she was tortured by Destiny, Mystique and the Brotherhood of Mutants in one of her past lives. Moira was retconned as a secret mutant in Hickman's X-Men and her secret mutant power is that she can remember all the memories she has experienced in her past lives during her reincarnation.
    Destiny threatened her that if Moira makes a mutant cure again in another life, she would get a permanent death if she gets murdered before she reaches puberty in another life.
    Moira is currently living in Krakoaland but she is hiding away in her top-secret place called Moira's No-Space where no mutant except Charles Xavier can visit her.

In other words, Moira carried a huge grudge against Destiny. Though it's rather unfair to allow her grudge to discriminate other precogs.
    Although what you said about her experience with Destiny is true, its not the reason for the precog ban. The reason they don't want precogs on Krakoa is because Moira doesn't want to risk them outing Moira's secret--that in all of her attempts thus far to change history and save mutantkind, they inevitably fail and mutants are wiped out. She is afraid that exposing those other failures will undermine her attempts to save mutantkind.

Of course, the flaw in that is that a precog doesn't necessarily have to physically be in Krakoa in order to perceive something from that future--but I guess she's hoping that by reducing the amount of contact it will minimize the likelihood of a precog having a Krakoa-related vision as well as limit their ability to pass that info on to Krakoan society if they do learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I think the Quiet Council just didn't want to bring back Maddie because of the evil demonic thing. The have brought back two of the Cuckoos even though they're clones of Emma. Namorita is like X-23 - clones but with added ingredients. Plus Rita must not have looked actually like Namora the way Maddie looks like Jean. At least I don't remember anyone commenting on it.
    Namorita's nickname is Nita, not Rita. I guess the writers thought Nita sounded more exotic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

In fairness, it's a soft ban, not an active one. They haven't prevented any pre-cogs from traveling to the island, they simply haven't resurrected any, giving various excuses. Timeslip would be fine, in the same way Tempus is. Precog isn't her main power, after all.

Frankly, it's a dumb ban, all things considered. Pree= cogs would be the only way they could prevent a machine rise before it being too late.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

The New Warriors Classic Omnibus volume 2 is announced on October 2021 solicits

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC ROBERTSON COVER
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA, DARICK ROBERTSON & MORE
    Penciled by DARICK ROBERTSON, CRAIG BRASFIELD, BRANDON MCKINNEY, RICHARD PACE, CHRIS MARRINAN, JAVIER SALTARES, STEPHEN JONES, DAVE HOOVER, TONY DANIEL, DAVID BOLLER, ROBERT WALKER & MORE
    Covers by DARICK ROBERTSON & RICHARD PACE
    All they want to do is change the world! But to do so, the New Warriors will have to grow up fast! In a brutal Middle Eastern conflict, can the team stay true to their ideals? As shadows engulf New York, the Warriors face the darkness within! And when their families are targeted, will the heroes reach their breaking point? Night Thrasher takes control of his future, Nova gets a major upgrade, Namorita is transformed and Marvel Boy begins his journey to justice! But who is (or are?) Turbo? And when the Sphinx scatters the Warriors through time, who will rise to take their place? Collecting NEW WARRIORS (1990) #27-53 and ANNUAL #3-4, NIGHT THRASHER: FOUR CONTROL #1-4, X-FORCE (1991) #32-33, NIGHT THRASHER #11-12, NOVA (1994) #6-7 and NEW WARRIORS ASHCAN EDITION — plus material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #122 and #159-163, MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL #2 and NIGHT THRASHER #1.
    1136 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93295-4
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC PACE COVER [DM ONLY]
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93296-1

I don't know whether the omnibus might come out on October 2021 or next year...
    Last edited by MitchFox; 08-02-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Odd that they would ban Timeslip. There was one issue of X-Men where Timeslip was mentioned as a possible replacement/backup for the time traveler in the 5 (can't remember her name!!!)

The New Warriors Classic Omnibus volume 2 is announced on October 2021 solicits

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC ROBERTSON COVER
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA, DARICK ROBERTSON & MORE
    Penciled by DARICK ROBERTSON, CRAIG BRASFIELD, BRANDON MCKINNEY, RICHARD PACE, CHRIS MARRINAN, JAVIER SALTARES, STEPHEN JONES, DAVE HOOVER, TONY DANIEL, DAVID BOLLER, ROBERT WALKER & MORE
    Covers by DARICK ROBERTSON & RICHARD PACE
    All they want to do is change the world! But to do so, the New Warriors will have to grow up fast! In a brutal Middle Eastern conflict, can the team stay true to their ideals? As shadows engulf New York, the Warriors face the darkness within! And when their families are targeted, will the heroes reach their breaking point? Night Thrasher takes control of his future, Nova gets a major upgrade, Namorita is transformed and Marvel Boy begins his journey to justice! But who is (or are?) Turbo? And when the Sphinx scatters the Warriors through time, who will rise to take their place? Collecting NEW WARRIORS (1990) #27-53 and ANNUAL #3-4, NIGHT THRASHER: FOUR CONTROL #1-4, X-FORCE (1991) #32-33, NIGHT THRASHER #11-12, NOVA (1994) #6-7 and NEW WARRIORS ASHCAN EDITION — plus material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #122 and #159-163, MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL #2 and NIGHT THRASHER #1.
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93295-4

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC PACE COVER [DM ONLY]
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93296-1

I don't know whether the omnibus might come out on October 2021 or next year...
    The good old days! Sphinx was so badass. A top tier villain. Wonder what he's up to now? Last we saw he ate his older self in a Nova issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The good old days! Sphinx was so badass. A top tier villain. Wonder what he's up to now? Last we saw he ate his older self in a Nova issue.
    I think his last appearance saw him being beaten by Hit-Monkey.

...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Odd that they would ban Timeslip. There was one issue of X-Men where Timeslip was mentioned as a possible replacement/backup for the time traveler in the 5 (can't remember her name!!!)
    Eva Bell, aka Tempus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think his last appearance saw him being beaten by Hit-Monkey.

...sigh
    Sphinx was the foe in Howling Commandos of SHIELD led by an LMD of DumDum Dugan. I read it but couldn't have told you it was Hit-Monkey that was the deciding factor. A forgettable read and I love the Marvel Monsters. That series was just not conceived well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Thanks for the clarification on the all the rules and such regarding Krakoa everyone, just recently started reading X-Books again around the Gala
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not sure about Namorita, as she was a clone of Namor's cousin Namora, but maybe Microbe might count. That said, I also felt bad for how badly shafted the New Warriors got during and after Civil War. Was glad when Al Ewing brought back Night Thrasher in Contest of Champions, but then disappointed with Marvel for not doing anything much with him afterwards.
    Yuuuuup, sucks they had to get their name dragged for the sake of an event where none of the members deserved to go through its' whole edgy phase, especially when the team formed their own fanbase and they still made fun of them just for being not as well known as the others

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A third New Warriors Omni would wrap up the 90s run nicely but it'd be a tad thinner. I don't recall at that point in the titles run that the characters were getting new minis or being spotlighted in other books with a crossover.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A third New Warriors Omni would wrap up the 90s run nicely but it'd be a tad thinner. I don't recall at that point in the titles run that the characters were getting new minis or being spotlighted in other books with a crossover.
    Is this when they got forced into the Spiderman office and were just forgotten about?