Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. I had the same problem. Since I could only include seven . . . I ended up having to dump Hummingbird and Sun Girl.
    Hummingbird was easy for me, she's got too squiffily defined powers, and that bugs me. (Plus she's associated with Huitzilopochtli, the 'left-handed hummingbird' and god of war, which is cool AF, and she's an empath that sometimes shoots fire at demons? What the hell is that all about?) Plus she's kind of a package deal with Kaine, who is kind of the Spider-Curmudgeon, and I can also do without.

But Sun Girl, oh my, if she got a tenth the push that Moon Girl or Riri got, just look out! She had the sassy black girl genius thing going on before it was popular, *and* the hyper-competent-daughter-of-a-two-bit-Spider-Man-villain thing that the new Beetle has going for her. She had me at hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait a minute... black helmet Novas were a thing before Sam?
    I think it's more a purple helmet.

Should Disney+ release the New Warriors TV show pilot?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-most-want...e-disney-plus/
    Noooooo. They'll become fodder to squirrel girl and turned into even more of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That wasn't new warriors. That was the great lakes avengers with some warriors thrown in. Why not call it great lakes avengers?
    It's based on the 2005 New Warriors comic, the one with the reality show? And they used four members from that roster, replacing Nova and Namorita with Mister Immortal and Squirrel Girl, presumably because they're saving Nova for later use and Namorita doesn't work if Namor the Sub-Mariner hasn't previously been introduced. Two Great Lakes Avengers, four New Warriors. It's more New Warriors than it is GLA.

And the article was only suggesting they should release the pilot made a few years ago. It wouldn't get a full series and it wouldn't be canon to the MCU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I would like to watch that Pilot one day just for the sake of curiosity, but I think I prefer if it leaks or someone involved shares with the fans instead of being ''released officially'' by Marvel/Disney. I just feel like an official release for a project that is dead and it's likely to never get a continuation is pointless. It would just give fans hope for something that just can't really exist anymore, since Marvel Television is essentially dead. Plus, it just doesn't seem like a good move for a company to be like ''hey, here's this show that failed so hard it couldn't even get past one episode, have fun''. Like... why would Disney/Marvel even want to advertise this? It doesn't do anything for them, marketing wise, and it's not really a valuable addition to their catalog either, because it's just one episode of an unfinished project that doesn't move the Marvel brand forward in any way.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hummingbird was easy for me, she's got too squiffily defined powers, and that bugs me. (Plus she's associated with Huitzilopochtli, the 'left-handed hummingbird' and god of war, which is cool AF, and she's an empath that sometimes shoots fire at demons? What the hell is that all about?) Plus she's kind of a package deal with Kaine, who is kind of the Spider-Curmudgeon, and I can also do without.

But Sun Girl, oh my, if she got a tenth the push that Moon Girl or Riri got, just look out! She had the sassy black girl genius thing going on before it was popular, *and* the hyper-competent-daughter-of-a-two-bit-Spider-Man-villain thing that the new Beetle has going for her. She had me at hello!
    Fair enough, and yeah, if Sun Girl had shown up a few years later . . . she'd be riding pretty high about now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The one based on the Reality TV gimmick that I couldn't even finish reading? No thanks. Pass.

Peace

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wait a minute... black helmet Novas were a thing before Sam?
    Nah. It's just Super Nova.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Noooooo. They'll become fodder to squirrel girl and turned into even more of a joke.
    All indications are that Thrasher would have become a stand in for Black Saturn on Supermansion.

The joke is funny once, IMO. I don't need Thrash being put through that

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The one based on the Reality TV gimmick that I couldn't even finish reading? No thanks. Pass.

Peace
    Toss it out on your own network or let bootleggers do it for you eventually. Especially if there were screeners of that pilot. Ebay is packed with them.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

To anyone who has Champions #5, is there any appearance of Doppelganger New Warriors (that's what I call them for their OOC behavior in this horrible storyline)? If yes, then what happened to them?

I know that spoilers:
    there's a breakout at the detention center which involves with Brawn and Viv freeing their captive teammates. And the only (named) antagonist I see is Jake Oh the CRADLE agent as seen from the preview.
    end of spoilers

Since it feels rushed, I have a feeling that it's going to have more unanswered questions. I wish that Justice, Speedball and any New Warriors could just apologize for their misguided actions to Sam Alexander and any Champion regarding on Outlawed.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

They definitely need to talk to Sam - they betrayed him!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

I read somewhere that spoilers:
    the villain behind CRADLE and this shitty event was none other than....Roxxon, the corrupt mega-corporation. Roxxon took a break from being mean to the Hulk to go be mean to the Champions. They set up the brainwashing camps and were trying to silence all the youths, which is why they attacked the girl in Outlawed one-shot. To improve their PR, Roxxon hires social media interns, who end up being Miles and Sam (who might be undercover).
    end of spoilers
    And that leaves to even more unanswered question.....How the hell would the New Warriors be so gullible to buy into the main villain's lies and become superpowered cops? They better be something like LMDs rented out by the main villain or perhaps they were brainwashed / blackmailed into doing the job.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 03-18-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

I've not been picking up comics (other than X-Men Legends #1) for a long time now - so several members of the New Warriors have appeared in Champions?

I am wondering (since I am sure the Outlawed New Warriors is cancelled) - if they're using the New Warriors as a part of it to recover whatever they can. I don't suppose Namorita has been seen in Champions during these appearances (since she was slated to appear in the new New Warriors series)?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Unfortunately not. I've only seen Speedball, Justice, and Silhouette. Which makes them traitors to Nova and Ironheart.