Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A third New Warriors Omni would wrap up the 90s run nicely but it'd be a tad thinner. I don't recall at that point in the titles run that the characters were getting new minis or being spotlighted in other books with a crossover.
    Justice's New Warriors were quite often envolved with the Spider-books, such as in the Maximum Clonage (not in all the issues, mind you) event and in the "origin" of Ben Parker's Spider-Man. You'd also have to include a couple of Nova issues that resulted in Rich being left powerless, and with a substitute whose adventures reached it's climax in NW #75. 22 regular issues, plus all that, should make for a really packed third volume (if it should come).

Peace

The Nova depowering arc that ended his solo book cannot be reprinted, as it involved two other books - Fantastic Four, and ROM. ROM is owned by Hasbro and the comic rights are with IDW, so Marvel can't reprint that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Nova depowering arc that ended his solo book cannot be reprinted, as it involved two other books - Fantastic Four, and ROM. ROM is owned by Hasbro and the comic rights are with IDW, so Marvel can't reprint that.
    Pretty sure he’s referring to Nova v2, which continued into New Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not talking about the same Nova run, nor arc. The one you're mentioning, the conclusion of the original Nova run, preceeds even the New Warriors. The one I'm talking about is from 1994 (Vol. 2, I think? It's the same run that has two chapters in the second Omnibus), and its two final issues feature Richard Rider being stripped of his Nova Powers, so that they can be given to Garthan Saal, formerly Super-Nova, so that he can come to Earth and hunt down Voxx, the Dire Wraith Queen. That battle, in which Rider once again becomes Nova, Happens in the concluding issue of the New Warriors vol. 01 run.

Peace

PS. Yes, Thundershot got it right. Thanks.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It took a few years but we finally have footage of the canned New Warriors pilot!

https://twitter.com/kbiegel/status/1...243315207?s=19

https://twitter.com/kbiegel/status/1...671936514?s=19

20210908_222715.jpg

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It took a few years but we finally have footage of the canned New Warriors pilot!

https://twitter.com/kbiegel/status/1...243315207?s=19

https://twitter.com/kbiegel/status/1...671936514?s=19

20210908_222715.jpg
    If you go through his Twitter feed right now, he's sharing A LOT of unseen BTS stuff. I'm impressed. The practical effects with Tippy Toe were pretty good.

Also interesting: in one tweet he specifically says the show was killed by an executive because ''it was too gay''. He also claims this person got fired eventually. I wonder if this is about Jeph Loeb or someone else at Marvel/Disney/ABC...

He confirmed on twitter it wasn't Loeb. My guess it's someone at Freeform since right around the time the show lost it's series order it went under a huge overhaul

Bit of dialogue from who I assume was DebriiScreenshot_20210908-220117_Twitter.jpg

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    He confirmed on twitter it wasn't Loeb. My guess it's someone at Freeform since right around the time the show lost it's series order it went under a huge overhaul
    That's a little weird, though, because Freeform is a pretty progressive network. They've had lots of shows with strong queer representation over the years, even back then when this show was being produced, so I find it hard to believe that was the issue for the network itself. I mean, the whole reason why they changed their name from ABC Family to Freeform was precisely so they could tell progressive stories without the stigma of a ''family-friendly'' label stamped all over them. Which makes me think that it was perhaps someone over at Disney or Marvel who had an issue with the show.

They had a series order, then there was a regime change at Freeform, and then they didn't have the series order anymore. So it's definitely from there.