Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Recently, due to it being really low priced at a New Warrios Sale, I bought the digital version of the Reality Show TPB. Goddawm! The whole thing is freakin' unreadable. I'm serious, I couldn't go through with it. Not a fan of Scotie Young's art, and here, he simply just makes the New Warriors look like a bunch of clowns. Nova is a big, dumb jock, Nita, is pure ugly, Thrash is intoduced in his infamous bondage queen outfit, etc... The heroes are treated as a bad joke, the villains are bad jokes, the story line is stupid... Seriously, did Marvel really expect something good to come out of this? Heck, I knew it would be bad, have to say it surpassed my expectations.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    The way i heard they were going full SJW with it and people hated it.
    All folks saw was the art and some descriptions that attracted the USUSAL crowd and fits were thrown before a single issue came out.

As many have pointed the writer in question does SATIRE. So that could have been a satire on SJW and at least one of them would have been gone by issue 3 according to the Marvel subscription page that still lists the books and some crossover with Champions.

Funny unlike other creators-the trolls did not attack the creative team. Aside from a few gripes on the artist's Twitter for 2 days-both were left alone. Nobody asked the writer about the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Recently, due to it being really low priced at a New Warrios Sale, I bought the digital version of the Reality Show TPB. Goddawm! The whole thing is freakin' unreadable. I'm serious, I couldn't go through with it. Not a fan of Scotie Young's art, and here, he simply just makes the New Warriors look like a bunch of clowns. Nova is a big, dumb jock, Nita, is pure ugly, Thrash is intoduced in his infamous bondage queen outfit, etc... The heroes are treated as a bad joke, the villains are bad jokes, the story line is stupid... Seriously, did Marvel really expect something good to come out of this? Heck, I knew it would be bad, have to say it surpassed my expectations.

Peace
    ...And then Civil War happened.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    All folks saw was the art and some descriptions that attracted the USUSAL crowd and fits were thrown before a single issue came out.

As many have pointed the writer in question does SATIRE. So that could have been a satire on SJW and at least one of them would have been gone by issue 3 according to the Marvel subscription page that still lists the books and some crossover with Champions.

Funny unlike other creators-the trolls did not attack the creative team. Aside from a few gripes on the artist's Twitter for 2 days-both were left alone. Nobody asked the writer about the book.
    I mean did you want them to get attacked? Anyway, the YouTube community is different than the comics community so that wasn't gonna happen.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Yeah. I am of the same mind. I enjoyed the first volume the most - obviously.
    The second volume was good - but suffered from different pencilers joining after the original (Stephen Scott?) left.
    I will say of volume 3 - I did like Microbe. Finally a mutant who was overweight (and that's not his power, like Blob) who doesn't have a "perfect" body. And he had a unique power.
    Volume 4 was an interesting idea - but it was "New Warriors" only in name. That was pretty much an "X-Book."
    Volume 5 was the closest we got to the original - and that was cut short, tragically. I was IMMENSELY enjoying it.

http://newwarriors.com/team_roster/by-volume
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean did you want them to get attacked? Anyway, the YouTube community is different than the comics community so that wasn't gonna happen.
    Far be it from me to speak for skyvolt2000, but nobody in their right mind was wanting anybody to get attacked. He was just pointing out the hypocrisy and double standards in how creatives in the comics industry who happened to be female, nonwhite, and/or LGBTQ+ would get viciously harangued and even violently threatened for expressing a viewpoint or just daring to exist in a space regarded by certain people as their domain alone. I would also say that the YouTube community and the comics community do overlap, considering how many YouTube channels exist for the sake of explaining and analyzing comics and the characters that feature in them --- or simply attacking certain comics, characters, and creators for daring to be published at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If you had to make a New Warriors team that could only have ONE of the original (Firestar, Justice, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Nova or Speedball) - and the rest of the roster has to be former members - see: http://newwarriors.com/team_roster/by-volume ) - who would you have on your team of a total of seven members (six former, plus the one original).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you had to make a New Warriors team that could only have ONE of the original (Firestar, Justice, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Nova or Speedball) - and the rest of the roster has to be former members - see: http://newwarriors.com/team_roster/by-volume ) - who would you have on your team of a total of seven members (six former, plus the one original).
    Night Thrasher (bolded because he's the leader)
    Silhouette
    Darkhawk
    Turbo (Mickey Musashi)
    Ultra Girl
    Water Snake (to finally solve the mystery of her connection to Namorita)
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Night Thrasher (bolded because he's the leader)
    Silhouette
    Darkhawk
    Turbo (Mickey Musashi)
    Ultra Girl
    Water Snake (to finally solve the mystery of her connection to Namorita)
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    I'd buy that book in a heartbeat. I love that roster.

I'd buy that book in a heartbeat. I love that roster.
    Thanks. The book would have two mission statements. The first, and the one that would apply most in-universe, would be to fight the fights that most of the big-time superhero teams aren't fighting, just like before, albeit with a stronger focus on the systemic and institutional rot and corruption that keeps any real good from being done or lasting long in the world. The second, which would be up to the writer, would be to resolve plotlines left dangling by the previous runs, such as the connection between Water Snake and Namorita, and also the hidden conspiracy going all the way to the beginnings of the Marvel Universe that Night Thrasher had teamed up with Jimmy Woo and Blue Marvel to uncover in its contemporary form in Marvel #1000.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So is that new book that everyone laughed at just cancelled or what

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So is that new book that everyone laughed at just cancelled or what
    Pretty sure that's the case. Everyone from creators, artists and Marvel have never mentioned it again (for months now). Other Outlaw books continued after the long delay.

Unless it's going straight to trade, which it may - but there's been no word on that. So I suspect that it's simply gone.

Which is a shame - because I wanted to read about the original members (didn't care at all for the new roster at all - but who knows, who would have thought people would love SPEEDBALL when he was first created, fighting ridiculous villains in his first 10 issue mini).

If the internet had a voice back then, Speedball would have probably never saw the light again either.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They should just give it to Kevin Biegel and let him write whatever his live action show was going to be. They let the MODOK animated series showrunner do it.

Pretty sure that's the case. Everyone from creators, artists and Marvel have never mentioned it again (for months now). Other Outlaw books continued after the long delay.

Unless it's going straight to trade, which it may - but there's been no word on that. So I suspect that it's simply gone.

Which is a shame - because I wanted to read about the original members (didn't care at all for the new roster at all - but who knows, who would have thought people would love SPEEDBALL when he was first created, fighting ridiculous villains in his first 10 issue mini).

If the internet had a voice back then, Speedball would have probably never saw the light again either.
    Pretty much this.

I guess it helped that Steve Ditko was involved in the creation of the character: