Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma022 View Post
    If they do eventually bring back the New Warriors, I hope they get Justice and Firestar back together
    Always liked them together
    Prefer not....I hate the whole on again off again nonsense in comics. Vance has moved on....time for Angelica to as well.

Incredible Member

If they do eventually bring back the New Warriors, I hope they get Justice and Firestar back together
    I did too but I have to admit I liked the idea of Firestar and Gravity. That had a lot of potential (which was never explored).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Ditto. A lot of writers don't seem to know what to do with "hero couples" and tend to break them up.
    While that is true enough, I don't think its the case here. The writer who broke them up was the same one who put them together in the first place, Fabian Nicieza.

Apparently that was his long term plan for them all along if he had stayed on NEW WARRIORS -- Vance and Angel were very young when they fell in love, and while some people do go on to marry their high school sweethearts, in many cases as people start to mature they grow in different directions. That was what happened with Vance and Angel -- they still loved each other, but they now wanted different things for the future.

If they had to break up I appreciated that they got such a natural and "real-world" break up, as opposed to some soap opera development of one of them cheating on the other, or a superhuman drama break up of one of them dying, or being replaced by their evil twin future self from an alternate dimension, etc.

Although I always loved Justice and Firestar as a couple, I kind of hope they don't get back together. On again/off again relationship drama can get some characters stuck in a rut, and I don't want to see that happen to them. Both of them have moved forward with their lives since then--I think it might be a step backwards to put them together again (unless it was done slowly, with a long-term arc of them gradually falling in love again). I do hope that we see them always remain friends though. Even if the romance didn't last forever, I think those two will always hold a special place in each other's hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When was Timeslip ever on Krakoa?
    I don't think she's been seen on the island though she is named as backup/replacement for Eva Bell (can't remember which comic I read that in).

I just put 2 and 2 together and assumed she was on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I did too but I have to admit I liked the idea of Firestar and Gravity. That had a lot of potential (which was never explored).
    Agreed. In fact, I liked everything about Young Allies. That run got cut way too soon (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Although I always loved Justice and Firestar as a couple, I kind of hope they don't get back together. On again/off again relationship drama can get some characters stuck in a rut, and I don't want to see that happen to them. Both of them have moved forward with their lives since then--I think it might be a step backwards to put them together again (unless it was done slowly, with a long-term arc of them gradually falling in love again).
    I think a slow long-term arc would be the best way to go about if they actually did decide to and would have a lot of potential in my admittedly biased opinion
    Last edited by Gamma022; 03-22-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Ultimate Member

I do think Firestar and Justice have indeed moved on. I'd prefer they remain exes on more or less friendly terms.

Vance seems to have a thing with Ultra Girl, which is fine. Angelica, I'm less sure about. It seemed for a hot second when she was an X-Men she might end up with Iceman, but that's obviously not gonna happen now.

Gravity? Eh, she's a grown-ass woman, and he's a kid. I don't like it. (And yes, I liked the Betsy / Doug flirtation back in the day, so I'm totally a hypocrite here!)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do think Firestar and Justice have indeed moved on. I'd prefer they remain exes on more or less friendly terms.

Vance seems to have a thing with Ultra Girl, which is fine. Angelica, I'm less sure about. It seemed for a hot second when she was an X-Men she might end up with Iceman, but that's obviously not gonna happen now.

Gravity? Eh, she's a grown-ass woman, and he's a kid. I don't like it. (And yes, I liked the Betsy / Doug flirtation back in the day, so I'm totally a hypocrite here!)
    How do you figure those ages? Angelica is no older then 24 and Gravity would now be 18 or 19, the age range wasn't that different between them. Angelica with Iceman wasn't something I was a big fan of.

I'm not saying you HAVE to like Gravity and Angelica, just that the age range isn't as massive as you seem to imply.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Gravity's a college student, IIRC. They're both adults, man

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I have no idea. I was introduced to Angelica in the 80s, so I think of her as older than Gravity, in her 20s, and he seemed, last I saw him, in Fear, Itself (wrecking Las Vegas during a temper tantrum) particularly immature. She's been an X-Man and an Avenger, and he's, IMO, not quite ready for the prime-time players...

It is entirely possible that I'm judging him too harshly based on what may have been a terribly OOC and unflattering portrayal. I wasn't really familiar with him before Fear, Itself, where he saw some other dude he hated being called a hero on the TV, and flew across the country to beat him up, because he hated him so much, levelling the city of Las Vegas in the process. (The villain who *was* trying to destroy the city laughed and left, saying they didn't even need his help!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-22-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I don't think she's been seen on the island though she is named as backup/replacement for Eva Bell (can't remember which comic I read that in).

I just put 2 and 2 together and assumed she was on the island.
    I would assume she wouldn’t be allowed on Krakoa since her powers allow her to be a precog.

Extraordinary Member

The team I could get behind.

Standard super hero stuff...but also conducting operations in support of Dwayne's 3Xs work.

Funding comes from the Taylor Foundation along with money provided by Namorita from old shipwrecks...maybe do the lost hoard of Nazi gold shtick.

Namorita
    Silouette
    Rage
    Bolt
    Turbo
    Sun Girl
    B-Negative (as much dislike as I have for the new characters...I think this one with a little work is someone that could bring something to a new series)
    Robbie Rider (Without the Raptor armor but still has the Nega Bands)

There would also be a support staff.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-25-2021 at 05:54 PM.

I know it doesn't mean much, but isn't Bolt dead?

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I would assume she wouldn’t be allowed on Krakoa since her powers allow her to be a precog.
    They don't actively discriminate against pre-cogs, so much as lie about them bringing them back after death

Was Timeslip ever confirmed to be a mutant? Just wondering

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I know it doesn't mean much, but isn't Bolt dead?

Peace
    Short answer....Mutant.

Long answer...Mutant....so could be resurrected on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They don't actively discriminate against pre-cogs, so much as lie about them bringing them back after death

Was Timeslip ever confirmed to be a mutant? Just wondering
    Well...I would say that NOT bringing them back for no other reason than "precog" would be active discrimination.