Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Short answer....Mutant.

Long answer...Mutant....so could be resurrected on Krakoa.
    Fair enough.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They don't actively discriminate against pre-cogs, so much as lie about them bringing them back after death

Was Timeslip ever confirmed to be a mutant? Just wondering
    Yes I believe she is a mutant.

Astonishing Member

The team I could get behind.

Standard super hero stuff...but also conducting operations in support of Dwayne's 3Xs work.

Funding comes from the Taylor Foundation along with money provided by Namorita from old shipwrecks...maybe do the lost hoard of Nazi gold shtick.

Namorita
    Silouette
    Rage
    Bolt
    Turbo
    Sun Girl
    B-Negative (as much dislike as I have for the new characters...I think this one with a little work is someone that could bring something to a new series)
    Robbie Rider (Without the Raptor armor but still has the Nega Bands)

There would also be a support staff.
    I like this team but I do wonder 2 things:
    1) Haechi, he becomes a Xiezhi.
    2) Shouldn't Night Trasher be on the team he is funding, or was that meant to be obviously he is there so why bring it up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I like this team but I do wonder 2 things:
    1) Haechi, he becomes a Xiezhi.
    2) Shouldn't Night Trasher be on the team he is funding, or was that meant to be obviously he is there so why bring it up.
    Not sure what 1 is about as Haechi is not on the team. But Dwayne is not going on field missions with the team on the regular. Nita is leading the team and she gets some missions from him dealing with the 3Xs work.

Prefer not....I hate the whole on again off again nonsense in comics. Vance has moved on....time for Angelica to as well.
    I loved the brief flirtation between Angelica and Ben Reilly. I'd love to see a NW team of

Scarlet Spider
    Firestar
    Turbo
    Darkhawk
    Sleepwalker

-Pav, who honestly has various lineup ideas...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Well Vance got something of an inaccurate mention in FF today....

Ben mentions his friend "Vance Astro"...Astro is future Vance Astrovik is modern Vance.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I seem to be the only one who really wants to see Ultra Girl on the Warriors. I dont think she ever actually had page time as one, but is mentioned as being on the team during the Initiative days or just prior (and in a relationship with Justice.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I seem to be the only one who really wants to see Ultra Girl on the Warriors. I dont think she ever actually had page time as one, but is mentioned as being on the team during the Initiative days or just prior (and in a relationship with Justice.)
    I want Vance to be on an Avengers team...and her with him. Would be cool to see her being nervous about it as the 'newbie' as opposed to Vance's old need to please when he was first an Avenger.

Astonishing Member

The only version of New Warriors I really loved was the first so 25 issues Bagley art, Night Thrasher team. I know Nova is cosmic now but it isn't New Warriors to me without Night Thrasher and Rage to a lesser extent. I would say Speedball too but that s&m version with no light to the character at all still haunts me. The New Warriors are Marvels versions of the Legion of Super Heroes and New Teen Titans. Some front office "genius" decides to mess with the original formula and the property is never the same again.

Astonishing Member

Well Vance got something of an inaccurate mention in FF today....

Ben mentions his friend "Vance Astro"...Astro is future Vance Astrovik is modern Vance.
    It may have just been a slip of the tongue on Ben's part, since he does know both versions of Vance (although obviously he's closer to Justice), and Vance DID use the alias "Vance Astro" at once point while he was with Ben and the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think the main reason Ultra Girl gets overlooked for fan-pick Warriors rosters is that she is somewhat redundant if Nita is around, since they are both super-strong flying blondes, and more people are going to pick Nita as one of the classic founding Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    The only version of New Warriors I really loved was the first so 25 issues Bagley art, Night Thrasher team. I know Nova is cosmic now but it isn't New Warriors to me without Night Thrasher and Rage to a lesser extent. I would say Speedball too but that s&m version with no light to the character at all still haunts me. The New Warriors are Marvels versions of the Legion of Super Heroes and New Teen Titans. Some front office "genius" decides to mess with the original formula and the property is never the same again.
    Couldn't agree with you more. '90s version is best

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think the main reason Ultra Girl gets overlooked for fan-pick Warriors rosters is that she is somewhat redundant if Nita is around, since they are both super-strong flying blondes, and more people are going to pick Nita as one of the classic founding Warriors.
    Yeah, if anything Ultra Girl would make more sense with the Champions nowadays. She and Ms. Marvel are both Captain Marvel legacy characters (Carol even once gave Suzy her old costume, but Norman Osborn confiscated it to give to Moonstone) but have different powersets. It would be interesting to see them meet - but I don't think Suzy has appeared at all since Kamala's debut.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if she and Vance are still together...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she and Vance are still together...
    Hope so...I want more stable couples in comics.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It may have just been a slip of the tongue on Ben's part, since he does know both versions of Vance (although obviously he's closer to Justice), and Vance DID use the alias "Vance Astro" at once point while he was with Ben and the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if anything Ultra Girl would make more sense with the Champions nowadays. She and Ms. Marvel are both Captain Marvel legacy characters (Carol even once gave Suzy her old costume, but Norman Osborn confiscated it to give to Moonstone) but have different powersets. It would be interesting to see them meet - but I don't think Suzy has appeared at all since Kamala's debut.
    Which is a real shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.