Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    I haven't read the older titles yet but I read the run right behind of Civil War. The issues were fun despite the unusual art/plot and after reading Civil War #1 man... I really feel bad for the team. Especially since they seem to get **** on by everyone afterwards. Poor Microbe hasn't been resurrected since then too it looks like.

Is it possible that now due to the whole Krakoa business they could resurrect OG Namorita and Microbe? They were mutants right?
    Not sure about Namorita, as she was a clone of Namor's cousin Namora, but maybe Microbe might count. That said, I also felt bad for how badly shafted the New Warriors got during and after Civil War. Was glad when Al Ewing brought back Night Thrasher in Contest of Champions, but then disappointed with Marvel for not doing anything much with him afterwards.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Namorita used to be a mutant but not sure what her current status is. Clones can be mutants. X-Man and Stryfe come to mind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Namorita used to be a mutant but not sure what her current status is. Clones can be mutants. X-Man and Stryfe come to mind.
    A clone of a mutant would still be a mutant...the clone would carry the donor's X-gene.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A clone of a mutant would still be a mutant...the clone would carry the donor's X-gene.
    Yeah, but the X-Men don't like clones. Ask Maddy and Evan.

Astonishing Member

Madeline Pryor wasn't a mutant though was she? At least she wasn't when she was introduced and died during Inferno.

Madeline Pryor wasn't a mutant though was she? At least she wasn't when she was introduced and died during Inferno.
    As a clone of Jean Grey, she was as much a mutant as Jean was; her powers manifested when she made the literal Faustian bargain that transformed her into the Goblin Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not sure about Namorita, as she was a clone of Namor's cousin Namora, but maybe Microbe might count. That said, I also felt bad for how badly shafted the New Warriors got during and after Civil War. Was glad when Al Ewing brought back Night Thrasher in Contest of Champions, but then disappointed with Marvel for not doing anything much with him afterwards.
    Agreed, it seemed like there was some momentum starting for Night Thrasher and team. I guess the stunt with Kibblesmith really did kill ALL that. Dammit was the person that greenlit the whole attempt without considering the longterm ramifications?

Nita wasn't just a clone of Namora. She also had the genes of Atlantis's greatest heroes added to her DNA.

Even if the X-Men refused to clone her, Atlantis seems to have the tech to do the same thing, though Namor would have to authorise it as I think clones are even banned from Atlantis too!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, it seemed like there was some momentum starting for Night Thrasher and team. I guess the stunt with Kibblesmith really did kill ALL that. Dammit was the person that greenlit the whole attempt without considering the longterm ramifications?
    No he didn't. Marvel pandering to an echo chamber did that. Marvel did what the gators and others have done try to censor what gets made. He-Man says HI.

When they should have gotten a backbone and put the book out and let it be judged. Pandering to them makes it just as easy for Marvel to say we can ax Black Panther because we don't want to offend Africans or remove Storm and every other black female from comics because the echo chamber is screaming for every black female to have a different hairstyle every issue or get rid of Miles Morales because he is not acting black enough. Or Luke and Jessica being married is offensive to those who find interracial marriages disgusting.

That book has no bearing on Night Thrasher or the others from appearing in any other book. It's not required that a book references that.

NOTHING says those kids could not change their names. It's not like Marvel hasn't published offensive stuff and fixed it-see Battlestar.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No he didn't. Marvel pandering to an echo chamber did that. Marvel did what the gators and others have done try to censor what gets made. He-Man says HI.

When they should have gotten a backbone and put the book out and let it be judged. Pandering to them makes it just as easy for Marvel to say we can ax Black Panther because we don't want to offend Africans or remove Storm and every other black female from comics because the echo chamber is screaming for every black female to have a different hairstyle every issue or get rid of Miles Morales because he is not acting black enough. Or Luke and Jessica being married is offensive to those who find interracial marriages disgusting.

That book has no bearing on Night Thrasher or the others from appearing in any other book. It's not required that a book references that.

NOTHING says those kids could not change their names. It's not like Marvel hasn't published offensive stuff and fixed it-see Battlestar.
    Yeah, Battlestar . . . he's still alive in the comics, if I recall, compared to The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, at any rate. Otherwise, generally agreed, though I think the bigger obstacle for the New Warriors' resurgence is explaining how and why they ended up dupes of Roxxon (the real power broker behind "Kamala's Law" and C.R.A.D.L.E.).

Hmm, apparently the Taylor Foundation once funded Roxxon, and Dwayne found out it was a shady deal. He should've known their true colours and not sided with them.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Taylo...on_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm, apparently the Taylor Foundation once funded Roxxon, and Dwayne found out it was a shady deal. He should've known their true colours and not sided with them.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Taylo...on_(Earth-616)
    To be slightly fair, Night Thrasher likely didn't know that C.R.A.D.L.E. was being backed by Roxxon, though given prior characterization, he more than probably should have.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be slightly fair, Night Thrasher likely didn't know that C.R.A.D.L.E. was being backed by Roxxon, though given prior characterization, he more than probably should have.
    To be more fair, it's not like 'Kamala's Law'/Civil War 3 is asking all that much.

I think the Quiet Council just didn't want to bring back Maddie because of the evil demonic thing. The have brought back two of the Cuckoos even though they're clones of Emma. Namorita is like X-23 - clones but with added ingredients. Plus Rita must not have looked actually like Namora the way Maddie looks like Jean. At least I don't remember anyone commenting on it.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Another New Warrior who is likely to be barred from Krakoaland (that's what I call the current Krakoa) would be Timeslip because she has precognition powers besides time manipulation. Krakoaland bans precogs and clones from getting resurrected. So if Timeslip dies, then she would be a permanently-dead mutant instead of getting resurrected.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo