Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Frankly, I'm kinda glad that we won't see these 'New Warriors'. I dislike that the Warriors are being the bad guys in this dumb crossover already

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    No Night Thrasher, no New Warriors! Obviously I never read the new book. However if the writer was trying to be cute instead of just writing a good book then I'm cool with this 2019/2020 book getting buried. Let's have a book that's not a political statement. Black Panther has made me weary of all that.
    Night Thrasher was in the new book, though. It was actually the first time we would see him with the New Warriors ever since he was ressurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Frankly, I'm kinda glad that we won't see these 'New Warriors'. I dislike that the Warriors are being the bad guys in this dumb crossover already
    I mean, the NW mini was probably going to shed some light on why they were being portrayed as the bad guys in Champions. It would potentially be the redemption arc for them, and now that we might not get that, they may end Outlawed looking bad, without any redemption at all. Not getting the book is actually for the worst, unless Eve Ewing pulls a 180 on the team to explain their behavior in what seems to be the last two issues of Outlawed. But there's a real chance there won't be any time for that, since the book's priority is the Champions. Regardless of how people felt about the new characters, the NW mini was important for the classic members.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Who's your favorite character from New Warriors?

My favorites are Speedball, Justice, Silhouette, Sun Girl and Hummingbird.
    My Top (3) Three Favorites would be...

1. Nova (Rich Rider)

2. Night Thrasher (Dwayne Taylor)

3. Firestar (Angelica Jones)

Angelica's hair looks shorter than usual there...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, the NW mini was probably going to shed some light on why they were being portrayed as the bad guys in Champions. It would potentially be the redemption arc for them, and now that we might not get that, they may end Outlawed looking bad, without any redemption at all. Not getting the book is actually for the worst, unless Eve Ewing pulls a 180 on the team to explain their behavior in what seems to be the last two issues of Outlawed. But there's a real chance there won't be any time for that, since the book's priority is the Champions. Regardless of how people felt about the new characters, the NW mini was important for the classic members.
    Eve might still establish that there was some brainwashing going on if that was supposed to be part of the storyline in some form or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Angelica's hair looks shorter than usual there...
    I think it's because it's bunching and lifting up because of her powers.

As much as I hated Civil War for ruining the New Warriors, I dislike how the New Warriors in Outlawed were written as antagonists by turning them into government stooges. The sight of them arresting the kids and putting them into re-education camps left me a bad taste on my mouth. Since Champions mini (that Outlawed tie-in) is going to end, I hope it answers the questions of why the New Warriors are acting OOC. Maybe they were brainwashed by the evil government all along or they are evil doppelgangers from a parallel universe.
    I hated what they've done to such a great team. From making them reality TV stars (they'd never do something so stupid!!!) To making them the cause of the Stamford explosion. They made them look like inexperienced heroes when in fact they'd saved the world multiple times!

And now they are cops arresting children. I'm angry they keep crapping all over the warriors.

My favourites were always justice and Firestar, but I have love for all the original team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I hated what they've done to such a great team. From making them reality TV stars (they'd never do something so stupid!!!) To making them the cause of the Stamford explosion. They made them look like inexperienced heroes when in fact they'd saved the world multiple times!

And now they are cops arresting children. I'm angry they keep crapping all over the warriors.

My favourites were always justice and Firestar, but I have love for all the original team.
    Heh, still no love for Kevin G's New Warriors.

Not surprising. I thought he was given a poor hand and played it well, but there were limits.

Astonishing Member

Also the third series was terrible. None of the members had any connection with the Warriors, except for Bandit. They should get Nicieza to see if he can bring their greatness back.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Also the third series was terrible. None of the members had any connection with the Warriors, except for Bandit. They should get Nicieza to see if he can bring their greatness back.
    Massive yes please to that! Fabian was developing their personalities and powers in ways we've not seen since. At one point speedballs power had a connection to time itself. There's still so much we don't know about the speedball dimension.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I believe that Series Three is Zeb Wells and Skottie Young's New Warriors where they were reality show stars.

Series Two is written by Jay Faerber which is supposed to be a continuation after Nicieza's and Skolnick's New Warriors ended and it was from 1999-2000. The cast in series two were Speedball, Turbo (Michiko Musashi), Namorita and Nova, as well as the two recruits - Bolt and Aegis. The mini-series from 1999-2000 is sadly forgotten.
    Series Four is where Donyell Taylor had the former mutants wearing powered armor in his team and it took place after Civil War.
    Then, there was Series Five which was written by Chris Yost which is a relaunch of the New Warriors team during Marvel NOW era in 2014. The characters were Justice, Speedball, Nova (Sam Alexander), Sun Girl, Haechi, Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker), Hummingbird and Water Snake. Also, Silhouette was the off-and-on member who turned up later.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Fantastic Member

I only know the New Warriors from their first appearance in Thor and first issues... But Night Thrasher, from what I saw of him, seemed like the last person who would be on a reality TV show. He was a lot like Batman wasn't he? Wealthy, lost his parents, driven to fight crime... why was he on a reality TV show?

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

There's another question I could ask....What does anyone think of Yost's New Warriors, the last team incarnation from 2014?
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

I believe that Series Three is Zeb Wells and Skottie Young's New Warriors where they were reality show stars.

Series Two is written by Jay Faerber which is supposed to be a continuation after Nicieza's and Skolnick's New Warriors ended and it was from 1999-2000. The cast in series two were Speedball, Turbo (Michiko Musashi), Namorita and Nova, as well as the two recruits - Bolt and Aegis. The mini-series from 1999-2000 is sadly forgotten.
    Series Four is where Donyell Taylor had the former mutants wearing powered armor in his team and it took place after Civil War.
    Then, there was Series Five which was written by Chris Yost which is a relaunch of the New Warriors team during Marvel NOW era in 2014. The characters were Justice, Speedball, Nova (Sam Alexander), Sun Girl, Haechi, Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker), Hummingbird and Water Snake. Also, Silhouette was the off-and-on member who turned up later.
    Correct, volume 4 is the one with Bandit and depowered X-Men, volume 3 was the reality show one.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/New_Warriors_Vol_3
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/New_Warriors_Vol_4
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

There's another question I could ask....What does anyone think of Yost's New Warriors, the last team incarnation from 2014?
    I enjoyed the cast, but I thought the plotting was kinda basic. 'Save the world' isn't the best team reason for 2nd stringers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I enjoyed the cast, but I thought the plotting was kinda basic. 'Save the world' isn't the best team reason for 2nd stringers
    Basic, yeah, but I liked the idea of the New Warriors as a team representing multiple superpowered variants of human and coming together to prevent a mass culling of the non-baseline human population. My favorite parts were with Justice helping Kaine/Scarlet Spider deal with his unresolved guilt over what happened in the final issues of Kaine's solo (written by Yost as well) and him calling out Captain America and Iron Man for writing off the New Warriors as a "tarnished brand" because of Stamford, never mind that their reaction was to drag the entire superhero community into a superpowered Civil War, so who did more to "tarnish their brand," as it were?
    The spider is always on the hunt.