Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Loki appears to use magic at 1:49 in the trailer, so hopefully he’ll get a power-up like every other MCU tv-show!

Who says she's Lady Loki? She is the series villain Sylvie, the fake Enchantress. Loki somehow gave her powers in the past, but, as there's no Amora in MCU, she's obviously a Loki cosplayer and follower, according to the leaks. I guess she might betray him later.
    Possibly.
    Last edited by Yoruno; 04-05-2021 at 02:24 PM.

yeah i saw the magic, and that's cool! Like he has done magic in the MCU before, but it's mainly been restricted to illusions, I don't think he's done much in the way of just straight up magic blasts.

And lots of places, but I mainly see it on Youtube speculation channels, cus i watch a few of those, have been saying she is Lady Loki. Here's a new one from today that says it:

https://youtu.be/xJj3oVpl4ao?t=212 <-- that link ought to take you to the right timestamp if the above video doesn't

Basically, there was a set photo ages ago of her wearing what appeared to be Loki's armor from Avengers, and everyone just declared her Lady Loki then and there, and have stuck to it ever since. It never sat right with me though, because, well, she's blonde, mainly. It would feel really odd to me if they made Hiddleston dye his hair/wear a wig for the part, but not her. And then the first trailer showed they created comics accurate Vote Loki costume, so why would they stick so close to the comics for that, but then deviate so much from the comics for Lady Loki's look when she would, presumably, be a much larger part of the show? It never made sense to me. I mean it was a possibility, sure, I just didn't get the certainty of it, with the hair thing, and when there were many other possible explanations.

I actually had not heard the Sylvie thing, but that makes way more sense to me than Lady Loki. Since there is no Amora in the MCU, that could be a way to introduce a version of Enchantress, even if it's sort of a weird mashup. And Loki being tasked with fixing the timeline because of something he did, granting her powers, possibly having something to do with the Tesseract, would be enough for a premise. But to then have her consciously mimic him, and by all appearances getting her hands on his armor and everything, and then her idea of mimicry is to like, destroy everything should serve as a wakeup call. But especially in the MCU, you could see where she would get the idea, especially if she lived in New York. And the time travel shenanigans should help make the timeline work in that case.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Regardless of who Sophia Di Martino is playing in the Loki show, someone who works on the music department of the show pretty much confirmed that spoilers:
    Lady Loki will be on the show. He revealed one of the songs of the show is literally titled ''Lady Loki'' and then posted something that seemed like a description of a scene (something creepy about Lady Loki holding a frozen heart on her hands).
    end of spoilers He later deleted everything from his Instagram when people started noticing how much he had revealed, so Disney probably got to him.

As for the Sylvie Enchantress thing, we don't really know for sure she's on the show. That's mostly speculation because a child actress was cast in the role of ''young Sylvie'' on the show, but that was the only thing we learned about the role. People were quick to speculate it was Sylvie Lushton because that's obviously the only Sylvie in the comics who had any sort of connection to Loki, but for all we know, it could end up being an original character.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-05-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

Why haven't they introduced Amora yet?

Looking forward to seeing Loki use more magic!

From what I understand, Ragarok was originally meant to have Amora in the part that Hela ended up playing, hence Skurge acting as her little lackey and all, but they changed course at some point early in production, i think even before Waititi was brought in, and swapped her with Hela. So as of right now, Amora simply does not exist in the MCU, and they are running out of possibilities to introduce her, and have her in any way resemble the comics character. This kind of hybrid character may be their best bet for an Enchantress at this point.

And yeah, i think Lady Loki is a strong possibility to appear, as is Kid Loki, and Old Loki (Richard E Grant was cast for something, and he at the very least very much looks the part of an older Loki: https://screenrant.com/loki-show-ric...firmed-marvel/ ditto the kid, Jack Veal. neither part has been confirmed, but it would at least feel right to me, they seem to fit those parts) and who knows what other Lokis from all the different timelines may appear. It just didn't feel right to me that it was Di Martino specifically. With the blonde hair, and the armor that doesn't look like it was made to fit a woman, it looks like she did just take the armor that MCU Loki wore. where she got it, i dunno, but it is not fitted for her body, when if she was really Lady Loki, you'd think she'd have armor that fit her, not just a castoff from Hiddleston's version of the character. Or, at least, if she is called Lady Loki, but has the Sylvie origin, she is not what I think of when I think Lady Loki, which is Loki, completely and fully, 100% the same mind, same history, but in the body of a woman. Not a separate person just kinda acting the part. She may go by that, but it's not the same thing to me. But, I guess we will have to wait until June to know for sure!
    Last edited by Raye; 04-05-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Richard E Grant is usually pretty good from what I've seen. I'm not familiar with DiMartino. At this poiny I'm stillnot sure what either's role is

It's impossible Amora could be introduced here but I don't expect it. I also wonder if BRB and/or either Thunderstrike could show up one day in the MCU (but that's another discussion)

I'm guessing by the end of the show at least one variant of Loki will escape and somehow show up in MoM

My money is on Kid Loki. With all the other Young Avengers characters being introduced... it just seems like Kid Loki would fit the best.

oh and Bill was kinda teased in Ragnarok, or at least his race was. one of the faces on the Grandmaster's tower looked a whole lot like Beta Ray Bill. https://i.redd.it/3bjgi95k0y431.png so he could be out there! and with Thor doing the Guardians of the Galaxy thing right now... maybe. If Thor gets OG Mjolnir back after Jane does her thing, then i mean... someone needs Stormbreaker.....
    Last edited by Raye; 04-05-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    My money is on Kid Loki. With all the other Young Avengers characters being introduced... it just seems like Kid Loki would fit the best.
    Kid Loki was reincarnated from Loki, right? So whay if he's reincarnated from Prime MCU Loki?

Yeah, it's possible they could reincarnate the main MCU Loki as Kid Loki, but then we wouldn't have the multiverse tie-in to the show, really... but maybe, the multiverse Kid Loki, like actually from the past, not reincarnated, gets brought in somehow, and from that point forward it goes like it did in the comics. which would be sad, just like the comics were. and then if they did Yong Avengers, they could age him back up, but not as old as he was before, like they did in the comics, and bam, they recast the part for the future with an explanation for the new actor. and Hiddleston can still do his thing with the TVA on Disney+ for as long as he wants it. Best of both worlds. But that's all just guesses.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, it's possible they could reincarnate the main MCU Loki as Kid Loki, but then we wouldn't have the multiverse tie-in to the show, really... but maybe, the multiverse Kid Loki, like actually from the past, not reincarnated, gets brought in somehow, and from that point forward it goes like it did in the comics. which would be sad, just like the comics were. and then if they did Yong Avengers, they could age him back up, but not as old as he was before, like they did in the comics, and bam, they recast the part for the future with an explanation for the new actor. and Hiddleston can still do his thing with the TVA on Disney+ for as long as he wants it. Best of both worlds. But that's all just guesses.
    I was thinking they'd do the reincarnation so Hiddleston wpuld stick around

Oh, it could still be a younger version of Hiddleston's Loki, but... he's been playing the part for like 10 years now, and the character is supposed to be immortal, but Hiddleston himself is not. De-aging FX has progressed a lot, but adds a lot to the budget, hence are just used for short scenes, and there still comes a point where he can no longer play the part and keep up the immortality pretense. (there is a reason they did CGI Luke for that one scene in Mandalorian, but will recast the part, probably with Sebastian Stan due to his uncanny resemblance to a young Mark Hamill, if they do a Luke Skywalker show or movie set in that timeframe, for instance) And Hiddleston himself may just want to move on to other things. Recasting the part can keep the character around, even if Hiddleston either can not or does not want to play the character any more. But since we have the Loki series, and it has already been renewed for a second season, which none of the others have, we can do the recast of Loki in the movies, and keep Hiddleston in the series for as long as he wants to keep it up. and he'd get more screentime on the show vs the movies, anyway.

Anyway, looks like the trailer, or more specifically the captions attached to official promo photos that were release along with it, have confirmed that there is a Kang connection in Loki: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/loki...ang-conqueror/

So this is interesting, but not exactly unexpected. I mean it's not much of a stretch to think that Kang, who has already been cast for the next Ant-Man and the Wasp movie, might tie in to a show that's entire premise deals with time travel, even if it had not been confirmed until now. But it will be interesting to see exactly how this plays out. This does also lend some credence to the idea that Kang may be the next Thanos level threat for the MCU, in which case Loki may have an important part to play in setting that up.

Ultimate Member

This probably won't happen but I'd like to see Loki meet Ant-Man and Wasp

Raye - it's curious that you say Amora could have fit Ragnarok better than Hela, because I have a feeling that Hela would have fit better than Sylvie here in the series. It’s all speculation, of course, but Jack Veal (Kid Loki) is supposed to appear in one episode, the same that introduces Young Sylvie. One of the earliest leaks from an insider stated that we are to see Loki's "daughter". If this is more or less correct, it clicks to me as Leah. I'd guess this Sylvie is a combination of several characters - Sylvie Lushton (an impersonator), Leah (Loki's childhood friend and, to some extent, Loki's creation/"daughter") and the original Enchantress.
    Last edited by Yoruno; 04-07-2021 at 04:27 AM.

hey, with all this multiverse madness and Loki being with the TVA (or at least he starts that way, he may break from them by the end) it is entirely possible this Loki could pop up in any of the movies dealing with time travel and/or the multiverse. Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, all have confirmed links to the multiverse/time travel, so... you never know.

And yeah, you're right, this does feel like Leah/Hela might fit better here, technically. Like, I am sure it will all hang together just fine, but it does seem like it might be borrowing aspects from Leah's story in JIM and Young Avengers. Though we have not gotten the meta storytelling aspect in the MCU, so Leah would have had to be changed from the source a bit anyway, because we don't have the whole handmaiden of Hela who was unmade and then re-made by Loki writing her into a story, and then she is re-made again as an expression of Loki's guilty subconscious, so Leah is, technically, 3 different characters, and it's all quite confusing and is a bit much to get into an origin for something like this. The Leah stuff is reliant on a lot of things happening just so, is all. But still, all adaptations usually end up changing elements from the source material, and there are still clearly some elements of her are beginning to surface in this character, even if she goes by a different name, and has a different appearance.

Anyway:

He picked out many little details that are easily missable if you just watch it normally, if you wanted to check that out. also, about 13 minutes in, the talk about Di Martino's character. the video i posted above, he's all aboard the Lady Loki train, now he's like 'could be Lady Loki OR Sylvie Lushton' which is the first time I've seen him say that. hmmmm... I may be being a bit parnoid here, but Erik, you lurking here?

And back to comics, so, Donny Cates is teasing on twitter that he's got a new Marvel project coming up, but of course he is not telling anyone what it is, just that it's 'bonkers'. And he has flat out admitted that he will lie if someone guesses right, so it's kinda pointless to eliminate nearly anything he's denied it being. I know it's a long shot, but I am crossing my fingers for a sister book to Thor, with Loki. (tho, on the other hand, I am still kinda hoping for Zdarsky to do a Loki book)