Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I have a lot of the ones wit the flat wire, they look really nice, because the surface of the resin curves creating a 3d effect. but i only have the wire in silver, (well, aluminum, technically) so while i do have one in green, it's more like, Dr Doom themed if you go by character colours I may get some of the gold coloured stuff though. I just haven't gotten it because if you mar the surface, the underlying aluminum shows through, which looks bad, and there's no way to fix it, so it doesn't really hold up over time, but that's only really an issue if it's not buried in the resin.

Yeah i saw the preview, and no Loki, which is a little disappointing, that neither Thor nor Loki were there, but there is always a chance they could be back later. After the Dr Strange story, i want to see Loki show Zelma the library at Asgard, and have her verify if it does indeed smell like goats. And yeah, their dad is just a palace guard, but something weird going on with their mom

https://youtu.be/K7EepBEchYo

A new trailer... and here they do use the God of Mischief title.

niiice! I was actually just on my way to share the same thing.

Yeah, they do use the 'God of Mischief' title (I think actually the first time in the MCU, though I would have to check) which may point to him becoming something else.

Couple other things I noticed. The Pompeii scene, apparently his big thing that he fucked up there was just.... a warning. Not that it likely did any good, the volcano had already erupted, so the pyroclastic flow that killed most of the people near instantaneously was likely already inbound, and there was no conceivable way to escape that (aside form magic, which he has, to be fair) *edit - just checked and the pyroclastic flow hit Pompeii anywhere from a few hours to early the next day, (it erupted early afternoon) so depending on which version they go with here, and it does look like Loki is there in the middle of the day, it is conceivable some people could escape in that time. The problem was, they thought they had time because they thought the only effect was raining ash, which they could escape easily enough. it's the flow, which moves at hundreds of miles per hour, that did them in, just bam, cooked to death in an instant. brains literally melted inside their skulls, it happened so fast that they never felt a thing, more than likely.

also, tricky editing with the 'everywhere you go it's death destruction etc.' bit. Loki's 'I know?' comes from a completely different scene.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-04-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    https://youtu.be/K7EepBEchYo

A new trailer... and here they do use the God of Mischief title.
    I feel like this will be emphasised. He's going to cause a lot of chaos but I hope to see a little balance with his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    niiice! I was actually just on my way to share the same thing.

Yeah, they do use the 'God of Mischief' title (I think actually the first time in the MCU, though I would have to check) which may point to him becoming something else.

Couple other things I noticed. The Pompeii scene, apparently his big thing that he fucked up there was just.... a warning. Not that it likely did any good, the volcano had already erupted, so the pyroclastic flow that killed most of the people near instantaneously was likely already inbound, and there was no conceivable way to escape that (aside form magic, which he has, to be fair) *edit - just checked and the pyroclastic flow hit Pompeii anywhere from a few hours to early the next day, (it erupted early afternoon) so depending on which version they go with here, and it does look like Loki is there in the middle of the day, it is conceivable some people could escape in that time. The problem was, they thought they had time because they thought the only effect was raining ash, which they could escape easily enough. it's the flow, which moves at hundreds of miles per hour, that did them in, just bam, cooked to death in an instant. brains literally melted inside their skulls, it happened so fast that they never felt a thing, more than likely.

also, tricky editing with the 'everywhere you go it's death destruction etc.' bit. Loki's 'I know?' comes from a completely different scene.
    I don't think a warning would have helped much really. He probably would have been met with some skepticism from people who had no inkling of what could happen with a cataclysmic eruption. I believe Pompeii wasn't the only city affected by the deadly eruption. I think there were other casualties across the body of water many kilometers away the volcano, so Loki would need to give people a few hours head start for them to get as far away as humanly possible without today's ability to travel long distances over a short period of time. Though, for the purpose of this show, he's probably messed up.

And the comment about death and destruction following him is sort of true to his character regardless of medium (Siege Loki, Ragnarok). Unfortunately it's going to be one of those things we accept even if he's not being overtly intentional like he was in the first Avengers movie or his classic MU incarnation.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 05-04-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Yes, they called him God of Mischief before (e.g.Thor in Ragnarok: "you'll always be the god of mischief, but you could be more").
    I don’t quite get your idea about Pompeii. Do you mean he intended to show how spectacularly they fail when they work together? But I don’t think they were trying to save the city, it's a fixed point in history, as Doctor Who might say. What does Loki shout there, BTW?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    Yes, they called him God of Mischief before (e.g.Thor in Ragnarok: "you'll always be the god of mischief, but you could be more").
    I don’t quite get your idea about Pompeii. Do you mean he intended to show how spectacularly they fail when they work together? But I don’t think they were trying to save the city, it's a fixed point in history, as Doctor Who might say. What does Loki shout there, BTW?
    Yeah, I want to know myself, it's inaudible.

I don't think he's meant to change history unless he's shown to be there originally but unbeknownst to historians.

yeah, Mt Vesuvius can't be stopped and yeah, it destroyed Herculaneum and Oplontis as well, (but more severely, it was closer. the reason Pompeii gets all the attention is that it was close enough to get destroyed, but far enough away that most buildings remained standing, and the victims died relatively intact, and it was all buried in ash shortly later, leading to extremely well preserved buildings and the famous plaster casts of the victims, which are very striking, while Herculaneum was mostly just turned to rubble and skeletons, Oplontis not much at all is left. archaeologically important, but not a tourist trap like Pompeii) and you can see that it's already erupted in the scene, smoke is rising from it in a tall column like is described in accounts from the time. It just depends on how soon his warning is, if anyone can escape. He yelled at them (in Latin, so i am not sure exactly what he said) and then some people instantly started running, so they did take him seriously. But it depends on how soon before the pyroclastic flow this is, whether anyone can actually escape with their lives. They would likely have to cover a few hundred miles to escape it, which may be possible on a boat, or a horse, if they go with the 'next morning' scenario, but probably not on foot.

But yes, it is likely a 'this has to happen for the good of the timeline' scenario, and saving someone in Pompeii could cause ripples in the timeline that screw everything up in the future.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-04-2021 at 01:13 AM.

Can he be shouting "Right on cue"? Then it's all going as it was supposed to be.
    Any ideas about the place at 0:14?

hm yeah could be. if you go through frame by frame there, the volcano has no smoke, then right as he yells, smoke appears. so yeah 'right on cue' would make sense. but I guess now we know how soon after the eruption this is, it's RIGHT as it erupts. which does mean people have some time to run, unless they fudge things from reality.

And do you mean this?

It's got statues similar to what we have seen around the TVA before, so i presume this is more of the TVA, but just a guess there. They changed the design and aesthetics from the comics some, so it's hard to say.

nice! here's the standalone video:

Only a couple days earlier but still.

So Loki was not in Strange Academy, (and Alvi and Iric's mother did indeed turn out to be Enchantress! which really, really severely conflicts with events in Captain Marvel, but lines up better with War of the Realms. but a major editorial goofup here in any case, these two stories really can not coexist)

But he was of course in Double Trouble. I like this series, it's cute, but when i go to recap i end up with like 3 sentences, because so much of it is based on just showcasing the interactions rather than any major things happening.... but anyway yeah, Thor and Loki are falling through the portal thing from last issue, chatting and bickering as they do, and then they finally come out the other end, and find themselves in Jotunheim, Loki goes to return them with the orb, but discovers he lost it at some point while thy were falling. And then they are fond by some giants. There are too many of them, so they bravely run away, and are rescued by Jane-Thor. With the numbers more balanced, they fight off the giants, and Thor and Jane get in a contest to determine who should be the one true Thor. (Thor loses) and in the end Thor and Loki explain that they need to find the orb so they can go home, but no one seems to know where it is, cut to final page reveal of Lady Loki who has the orb.

New poster:

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-lok...-cartoon-clock

Odd that they included the cartoon clock character (Miss Minutes i think it was?) quite prominently up front, but Di Martino's character is just a little silhouette in the background

*pokes thread again* where'd people go?

Anyway, in comics news, remember how when Marvel Voices: Pride was solicited and Loki wasn't mentioned anywhere or shown on the cover and that was odd? apparently there was a reason for that, and it's stupid.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/disa...s-pride-cover/

TLDR, for some reason, Marvel thought it would be a good idea to remove Loki from the cover for the solicit, and then put him back the day the issue was released as some sort of surprise, because it coincided with the Disney+ show. But of course people noticed he had been removed, and were upset, so now Marvel has revealed the actual cover, with Loki added back in.

This was a really stupid move, imo. Like, it's not some kind of surprise that Loki is LGBTQ, this has been a known aspect of Loki's character for years, so to have him absent from the cover, while many lesser known characters are on there just felt like an omission, full stop. If anything, it felt like Marvel was trying to distance Loki from that aspect of the character, like they were trying to straightwash him, and that is why people were miffed about his omission. I mean, people wouldn't exactly be off base to think that, after Loki's sexuality has been downplayed ever since Agent of Asgard ended. Maybe mentioned in passing every now and then, but ever since they canonically revealed Loki was bi and genderfluid, nothing of substance has been done with it, which is kind of disappointing. Like, just give him a boyfriend already. I thought he and Zelma were cute, and there's nothing wrong with a bi character dating a woman, they are attracted to both, and it is easier to find a het pairing so hat's fine, technically... but... it also could have been them trying to shove him back into the 'straight' box, considering they have never paired him with a man on panel since that reveal in Young Avengers, and then this omission on the cover kind of added to the feeling they were trying to sweep those aspects of Loki's character under the rug.

Anyway, odd that they grouped him with the Young Avengers rather than the Asgardians. I mean why didn't they do what they did with the Guardians of the Galaxy in the same row, where they have the GotG/cosmic characters leading into Young Avengers with Noh-Varr acting as a bridge, they could have done the same with YA and the Asgardians, with Loki acting as the bridge there. but that's minor, just something i noticed.

And in MCU news, looks like we may be getting new footage tomorrow at the MTV Awards: https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...-loki-trailers

I guess the omission incident was staged to promote the series, by drawing more attention to the character. Will they deal with this aspect of his personality in the show? Not sure, it's Disney after all, and Disney LGBTQ "revelations" have always been tame.

Yeah, I'm sure that was the intent, due to the coincidental timing lining up with his Disney+ show, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense. Like, we already know Loki is LGBTQ, so having a surprise reveal of the little border image doesn't actually reveal anything, aside from the fact that he's in the issue. Which, i mean, i would HOPE so. Despite not being on the cover or mentioned in the solicit, i was kind of expecting Loki to show up in at least a few panels. It would be kinda fucked up if Loki, a literal Norse god, showed up in the Indigenous Voices issue, but not this one, where he'd actually belong. But right now we don't know if he appears in any of the new stories, just that he appears in some kinda recap pages, Loki may not appear beyond that. The solicit doesn't mention him with the others who are presumably getting original stories, but that may have been more of them trying to surprise us on the day of release. Hopefully them trying to do this 'surprise' does mean he has something in there that's new. It would have been weird for them to do house ads or make a big deal over this little border portrait if all he did was appear in some recap pages. Maybe a new boyfriend makes an appearance here? one can hope.

As for the show, I am not anticipating them acknowledging it. From all appearances so far, if Lady Loki is a part of it, her origins will be altered and presented as an alternate timeline/universe version, and maybe mushed together with Sylvie Lushton as we discussed before, rather than Hiddleston's version of the character becoming a woman. And so far, not getting a sense that Loki's looking for love in the show, too busy with time travel shenanigans.