Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

so someone on BC asked a question in response to a comment i made on the article, if they could be maybe introducing a male love interest for Loki on the show, hence the stupid situation with that cover, and i gave it a bit more thought, and now i am here watching the trailers again wondering if Owen Wilson's character and Loki, you know, end up together. I mean Mobius is the only male character other than Loki of any note we've seen, (though I presume Grant's character will be fairly important as well, but the age gap there would make things weird) and i can't deny there is some chemistry there. Especially in the 'it's adorable you think you can manipulate me' bit. Like Loki straightens Mobius' tie and everything. So. hm.... I may have to walk back what I said before about them not acknowledging it. It may actually be a possibility, though I think still probably unlikely. That would be a nice change of pace if true, though, since Disney is normally skittish about that, doing scenes that are kinda blink and miss it in their bigger properties, so foreign markets that have a problem with it can edit it out. (though yes, i know they say they are going to have some stuff in Eternals and Love and Thunder) But they don't have to worry about that on Disney+, so.... It may afford them more freedom there. That may also be the reason all the Young Avengers stuff is being set up on Disney+.

Though, as I said above, I would hope they do this in the comics as well, if that's the case. If it takes the MCU to kick things into gear, that's a bit of semi-synergy (not like it would be with Mobius in the comics, after all) i'd be ok with.

So some concept artwork was released, i guess, of the Vote Loki outfit:

https://thedirect.com/article/loki-d...ection-clothes
    the article is kind of off base though, it keeps insisting the battle damage on the design is something new, but the damage in the design is clearly shown in the trailers, so i dunno where they are getting that. they say it shows evidence there will be a fight, but to me it just looks like Loki's made himself a post apocalyptic nest in a mall, and his clothes got damaged long ago.

Also, Valkyries preview https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/14/ma...y-valkyries-2/
    Loki is not in it, but Jane does internally monologue ABOUT him some, mostly trying to figure out what his angle is here, and why Loki wants this wolf-guy chained up.

Also, that resin jewelry i made, here's a pic of me wearing the one from that batch i will be keeping: https://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/651...ong-i-keep-the It's actually one of the failures, after i improperly drilled it the first time, but you can't see the mistake unless you look close, and it still cleaned up nice after adding some beads and gold dangly bits.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-16-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Nice! talky-talky... and yeah, the TVA does sound pretty ridiculous when laid out like that. But i think Loki has little choice in the matter. Help them, or be erased from existence. I like how Mobius is able to keep Loki in check, just by being calm and unflappable. It's a good strategy in most situations but it's hard to actually do.

Also, apparently the head writer pitched the show as "the best show ever" https://thedirect.com/article/loki-t...iews-plot-best

and apparently one of the influences of the show is... Teletubbies?! https://thedirect.com/article/loki-t...es-disney-plus

The Bladerunner and Mad Men influences make sense, but Teletubbies not so much. I am guessing maybe it's the Miss Minutes stuff there, maybe?

I wonder will Loki attempt to kill Mobius in every episode? Certainly he will try to escape the TVA in every episode. He can't be trusted, after all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder will Loki attempt to kill Mobius in every episode? Certainly he will try to escape the TVA in every episode. He can't be trusted, after all.
    Maybe he finds the TVA can work to his advantage so instead he tries to take control of it.

From what we've seen so far, I don't get the impression Loki's going to be trying to kill Mobius, at least not as a frequent or recurring thing. In one trailer, while Renslayer says Loki is unpredictable, insubordinate etc., Mobius sticks up for Loki, and says he thinks Loki has the potential to take a different path, and that Loki is 'doing great' and his main complaint is just that he's 'really arrogant.' I don't think Mobius would be trying to defend Loki and keep him on as an agent, if he had been trying to kill him or trying to escape or harm the TVA over and over again. He's not doing this for Loki's benefit, or because he has some kind of connection or obligation to Loki, like was the case with Thor. He's looking to get something from the arrangement, Loki's help fixing the timeline. And if Loki is not at least somewhat cooperative, there's no point in keeping Loki in the field. But also, I don't think there would be much of a show, especially one that's supposed to last at least 3 seasons, if they did not set up a permanent cast of supporting characters, and since we won't have Thor etc for that, I think the TVA, and Mobius in particular, is that, and there clearly is another antagonist that they are both facing.

I'm just saying, I'm sure Mobius will probably find Loki frustrating to deal with, and Loki will probably not like the situation, find the TVA ridiculous, and be trying to weasel his way out of things, maybe there will be a betrayal at the end, sure, but that doesn't have to mean he's outright hostile all the time, or the premise of the show will fall apart pretty quick. It's probably going to be more nuanced and gray area than that. I mean yeah, i know Loki's been brought back to post Avengers, and he will probably start out antagonistic towards them and try to escape and/or destroy them, but Loki trying to kill or tear apart the TVA can only work for so long, and it's already been renewed for 2 more seasons, and I am kind of anticipating the TVA will remain a part of it. Long term, i think that they're just going to do the face turn again, but in a different way. It may take Loki the full season to get there, but still. The trailers and things the show runners have said seem to point to that, like that Loki's time with the TVA would be 'holding a mirror up' to him which would lead Loki to doing some self reflection and soul searching.

Nice! I mean, i am sure a lot of people are just focused on the whole shirtless aspect, but there is a lot to unpack there. Mainly, the TVA definitely comes off as more ominous here. Pared with this video:

I could see Loki being justified in trying to dismantle the power structure behind the TVA, and attack it that way. Just, not getting the vibe that he's going to be attacking it, and Mobius in particular, just to be a dick. I am getting the vibe that Mobius and Loki are being set up for some kind of buddy cop thing. Like Lethal Weapon, where Mobius is Murtaugh and Loki is Riggs. But ultimately, resulting in more of a reformation of a corrupt power structure than anything, even if Loki's main motivation, particularly early on, is just to try and escape while avoiding disintegration. But h also seems to be aware that the structure of the TVA is full of a lot of hypocrisies and murky morality of their own. Hell, Mobius himself may be aware and is counting on Loki seeing that, as he tries to root out corruption in an organization he feels could be good, but is currently corrupt. Like i said, gray area, nuance. I don't think either side is all right or all wrong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Nice! I mean, i am sure a lot of people are just focused on the whole shirtless aspect, but there is a lot to unpack there. Mainly, the TVA definitely comes off as more ominous here. Pared with this video:

I could see Loki being justified in trying to dismantle the power structure behind the TVA, and attack it that way. Just, not getting the vibe that he's going to be attacking it, and Mobius in particular, just to be a dick. I am getting the vibe that Mobius and Loki are being set up for some kind of buddy cop thing. Like Lethal Weapon, where Mobius is Murtaugh and Loki is Riggs. But ultimately, resulting in more of a reformation of a corrupt power structure than anything, even if Loki's main motivation, particularly early on, is just to try and escape while avoiding disintegration. But h also seems to be aware that the structure of the TVA is full of a lot of hypocrisies and murky morality of their own. Hell, Mobius himself may be aware and is counting on Loki seeing that, as he tries to root out corruption in an organization he feels could be good, but is currently corrupt. Like i said, gray area, nuance. I don't think either side is all right or all wrong.
    The thing is, this Loki is still evil, so maybe the TVA is corrupted, but still possibly more ethical than he is?

I'm not saying Loki's actions are coming from a place of altruism, I think he still has self serving motivations, he doesn't want to be vaporized, doesn't want to be imprisoned, and is likely looking for a way to escape, sure. But Loki trying to escape from the TVA doesn't necessarily mean he will lash out angrily at everyone around him. I am just not getting a black and white good and evil vibe here. I think both sides are going to be gray and murky. Also, this is reverted to post-Avengers, yes, but Marvel retconned his motivations there, he was under Thanos and the Mind Stone's influence during Avengers, so I'd expect him to mellow out some compared to Avengers, back to like, Thor 1 levels. Still bad but not AS bad as in Avengers, and with understandable motivations.

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying Loki's actions are coming from a place of altruism, I think he still has self serving motivations, he doesn't want to be vaporized, doesn't want to be imprisoned, and is likely looking for a way to escape, sure. But Loki trying to escape from the TVA doesn't necessarily mean he will lash out angrily at everyone around him. I am just not getting a black and white good and evil vibe here. I think both sides are going to be gray and murky. Also, this is reverted to post-Avengers, yes, but Marvel retconned his motivations there, he was under Thanos and the Mind Stone's influence during Avengers, so I'd expect him to mellow out some compared to Avengers, back to like, Thor 1 levels. Still bad but not AS bad as in Avengers, and with understandable motivations.
    It's true, the Mind Stone manipulated him, but didn't he try to destroy Jotunheim a year earlier? Anyway, I don't think he'll lash out angrily either, I think he'll just be manipulating people for his own advantage. I don't think the TVA will be wholly altruistic either, but I'm guessing at the moment they may have more noble goals than he will

I wonder why Mobius takes the risks of supervising Loki, because this doesn't look like a common practice in TVA. I chuckled when I heard the phrase about "keeping" Loki. Mom, can we keep him, please?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    I wonder why Mobius takes the risks of supervising Loki, because this doesn't look like a common practice in TVA. I chuckled when I heard the phrase about "keeping" Loki. Mom, can we keep him, please?
    I guess because he's a god, although Idk how they capture him

though, with Jotunheim, he was under the impression that destroying them was a good thing, to be fair.

Also, i just thought of another thing that would point to him taking a more subtle approach. Thor Ragnarok. This particular Loki hasn't gone through those events, but still basically the same character, and a similar situation. He ends up in a place controlled by someone else, who uses disintegration as a punishment, and Loki more than likely doesn't want to be there, right? but did he attack Grandmaster? no, he weaseled his way into his employ, to have a better position and resources to use in his escape later. Same deal here, probably. I fully expect him to try to escape, especially early on, but (and this was the same with Grandmaster) I think he is fully justified in wanting to escape. He watched a guy get vaporized, he knows that's in store for him if he doesn't play along, but if he just runs, they'll likely just track him down and vaporize him later. Right now, working with them, an maybe taking things down from the inside is his best bet at survival. And he's not wrong that the fates of trillions of people being controlled by the TVA deciding which events count and which don't is fucked up. It is entirely likely the TVA is corrupt in some way and needs to be taken down or reformed, and if he wants to be free, playing along and looking for ways to take it down sneaky like may be the way. So he'd have selfish motivations, but end up doing the right thing.

As for why Mobius wants him there, in another clip he said he needed his 'unique Loki perspective' likely because they are facing off against other Loki variants, and who better to know how a Loki would think than another Loki? But as i said above, Mobius himself may have ulterior motivations and be looking to use Loki as a weapon against TVA management. If Loki takes down the internal bureaucracy, then that could leave Mobius in a place to take over what remains. And since it was Loki that did the damage, he could escape blame. I mean, Mobus knows Loki's future in the main MCU timeline, he knows exactly what he did with Grandmaster. We saw him showing Loki a clip from Ragnarok. So he could be counting on Loki just doing that, but with the TVA upper management. Murky motivations all around.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-18-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

though, with Jotunheim, he was under the impression that destroying them was a good thing, to be fair.
    I don't think attempting to genocide a rival people is a good thing at all, no matter how much he believed it to be.

Also, i just thought of another thing that would point to him taking a more subtle approach. Thor Ragnarok. This particular Loki hasn't gone through those events, but still basically the same character, and a similar situation. He ends up in a place controlled by someone else, who uses disintegration as a punishment, and Loki more than likely doesn't want to be there, right? but did he attack Grandmaster? no, he weaseled his way into his employ, to have a better position and resources to use in his escape later. Same deal here, probably. I fully expect him to try to escape, especially early on, but (and this was the same with Grandmaster) I think he is fully justified in wanting to escape. He watched a guy get vaporized, he knows that's in store for him if he doesn't play along, but if he just runs, they'll likely just track him down and vaporize him later. Right now, working with them, an maybe taking things down from the inside is his best bet at survival. And he's not wrong that the fates of trillions of people being controlled by the TVA deciding which events count and which don't is fucked up. It is entirely likely the TVA is corrupt in some way and needs to be taken down or reformed, and if he wants to be free, playing along and looking for ways to take it down sneaky like may be the way. So he'd have selfish motivations, but end up doing the right thing.

As for why Mobius wants him there, in another clip he said he needed his 'unique Loki perspective' likely because they are facing off against other Loki variants, and who better to know how a Loki would think than another Loki? But as i said above, Mobius himself may have ulterior motivations and be looking to use Loki as a weapon against TVA management. If Loki takes down the internal bureaucracy, then that could leave Mobius in a place to take over what remains. And since it was Loki that did the damage, he could escape blame. I mean, Mobus knows Loki's future in the main MCU timeline, he knows exactly what he did with Grandmaster. We saw him showing Loki a clip from Ragnarok. So he could be counting on Loki just doing that, but with the TVA upper management. Murky motivations all around.
    Makes sense he'd try to go a similar route as he did with the Grandmaster. Maybe he hopes he can come out on top at the TVA eventually.