Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I thought Boastful Loki is based of the AXIS tie in from Agent of Asgard. He's Lawful Good Loki who became a parody of his brother.

Richard Grant needs a better outfit. Going old school didn't work here.

could be, but like Sylvie he may be essentially new, but borrowing details from a few places. appearance wise definitely closer to Sigurd. though looking again at the screenshot... he's kinda wearing King Loki's costume, minus helmet
    Last edited by Raye; 06-30-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Really liked this latest episode. Lots going on and many levels with in the characters. I know some are pissed that Loki fell "in love" with himself, but I didn't see that at all. I saw it as Loki finally allowing himself to care about someone other than just himself and it not being scheme worthy. His own growth through reflecting and understanding more about himself has helped him to open up and connect with Mobius and Sylvie. The director of the series even says it's not a romantic love, but a platonic one built on a deep friendship.

I didn't like the "Loki is a narcissist" line running through. Loki isn't truly a narcissist. It may seem that way, but deep down he really isn't, he's just fearful and scared and uses his self-serving behavior to protect himself, however, he's owned up to his own mistakes (more recently than earlier) and has had remorse for some of his actions, plus was seeking approval from others. A narcissist doesn't really care about anyone at all. Loki exhibits those traits, but when you look beyond them you see there's more to him. Hopefully it doesn't become a thing others stick to him. I also may be reading into this part more than others might, just that fearful aspect of mine of people using it to throw Loki back into the villain mold.

Loved seeing the Lokis at the end! Wow, Richard E. Grant in the old style, never my fav at all, but loved it for this story and purpose. And Kid Loki! Woot!!! And who's behind the TVA??? I'm intrigued!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah I think they're messing with people with the Sylvie and Loki thing.

And yeah, Loki's a dick and can be sort of arrogant, but... if he was a narcissist I don't think he would care about Mobius, or Sylvie, or Frigga (or Thor, in Ragnarok and Endgame, though technically not this particular Loki)

As for who is behind it all, apparently a couple days ago, Disney accidentally posted, and then promptly removed, a couple clips from a future episode, it was apparently not this one. And one was a Sphinx in a place it should not be. so..... Kang is looking more likely.

Also, had a thought related to my one from before, besides urban legends, maybe it could also explain the Mandela Effect! Like they find jars of Jiffy Peanutbutter, and stuff. that one may be hard to show though because a lot has to do with brand names and like scenes in movies.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-30-2021 at 04:50 PM.

I just saw the narcissist angle as the TVA incorrectly profiling Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    As for who is behind it all, apparently a couple days ago, Disney accidentally posted, and then promptly removed, a couple clips from a future episode, it was apparently not this one. And one was a Sphinx in a place it should not be. so..... Kang is looking more likely.
    Kang showing up would make sense, as his wife Ravonna is in the show, and he's due to be the villain in Ant-Man 3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yep, he was always a likely candidate, given Renslayer's presence, and we knew he would be appearing in Ant-Man, and just.... time travel in general being a part of Loki's show. Seemed a natural fit. Robots also seems more up his alley than it would for like another Loki being the man behind the curtain, or something. But we hadn't heard anything about Jonathan Majors being involved in filming. Like, we at least knew Jaimie Alexander was in the area during filming, so we knew she would probably appear, (was hoping for a proper Lady Loki but the time loop worked too) but hadn't heard a peep about Majors. But the Sphinx... that's a pretty clear sign.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kang showing up would make sense, as his wife Ravonna is in the show, and he's due to be the villain in Ant-Man 3.
    Personally I think it's more an Immortus thing than Kang.

I can't choose between the crocodile and Richard E. Grant wearing underpants. Or are they "overpants" in comics design?
    I wonder where the variants come from. If they're all variants of the Loki we know, it's fine, like, one day he transformed into a girl/wished he was stronger than the Hulk/won the race he wasn't supposed to win - and boom! there's a nexus event. But then Sylvie doesn't fit, because she knew she was adopted, so her childhood was different.
    If each of the multiple Lokis we'll meet next week is a variant of a respective Loki from a parallel universe, it might be logical, but that makes too many of them.

I need to know if the Alligator/Crocodile can talk. (it seems to be referred to as 'crocodile', but that is an alligator. there is a difference. But I am guessing an American Alligator was pretty easy to come by in Georgia, compared to a crocodile. not to mention quite a bit smaller and easier to handle)

Multiverses typically are infinite, so in in infinite system, no such thing as too many. But the TVA has said they are constraining it to one timeline, but i can't see how that would work, if all these variants, and Sylvie, can be the result of a single timeline diverging in various ways. It's back to what I was saying several pages back, these changes are just too big, the divergence point for them would have happened so far back, that it just doesn't fit with how we have seen the TVA dealing with Nexus Events. They seem to nip those things in the bud like IMMEDIATELY after they happen. It was unclear if Sylvie was born female or transitioned to one (she said she was born a goddess, but if she is trans, then she would have always felt that way and would probably still refer to herself that way) but if born female, then they let that timeline go for YEARS, and I just can't see how that wouldn't have created some significant changes long before. Like Thor would have likely treated her different than he would have a brother, probably her parents as well.... and yeah, like you said, she knew she was adopted. I suppose that them telling her that could have been the Nexus Event, though. but even so,, I just can't see how it wouldn't have created a Nexus event long before. And like... alligator, one of them is black, Classic Loki is way older than regular Loki lived to be in the 'sacred timeline' (though yes, he may just have been here way longer than the others) I mean.... I still think the TVA is lying about there being only one timeline. How they hide this from their agents, i am not sure, but...

I mean, they are somewhere IN the multiverse. this place exists, so... if it is itself an alternate timeline, then the TVA is hiding that, why could they not hide more?
    Last edited by Raye; 06-30-2021 at 11:52 PM.

I've forgotten to reply to your post about narcissism. Loki sort of admitted he was a narcissist because that's what Mobius called him ("you're a narcissist falling for yourself"). Right after that Loki corrects himself, explaining he's merely afraid to be alone. He repeats Mobius's words because he is locked in a torture cell created by Mobius, and he knows this and tries to guess what makes Sif illusion stop. First Loki tries to break out of the loop by talking to Sif, then he says what Mobius might want to hear from him. He's not lying when he says it anyway.
    Mobius... he has the vibes of a school teacher, you know, all these pep talks, all these punishments and rewards. I bet the blue pen Ravonna keeps is from the school he worked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Really liked this latest episode. Lots going on and many levels with in the characters. I know some are pissed that Loki fell "in love" with himself, but I didn't see that at all. I saw it as Loki finally allowing himself to care about someone other than just himself and it not being scheme worthy. His own growth through reflecting and understanding more about himself has helped him to open up and connect with Mobius and Sylvie. The director of the series even says it's not a romantic love, but a platonic one built on a deep friendship.
    The director Kate Herron's comments are interesting, because it kind of contradicts what's said in this interview between the head writer, Hiddleston and her that was released yesterday. Also remember that interview where she said it was platonic was before the last episode aired, so she could have said that to not spoil the surprise, and her comments could have still been true for the episode itself since the hint of romance doesn't really develop until this episode anyway per the head writer's word. It's an interesting angle to go at, having a character who has struggles with himself and all of his flaws and self acceptance fall in love with himself. Here's the interview you can read through anyway
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...sylvie-in-love

The scan Loki goes through in episode one kills robots.
    Could be Kang or Immortus killing their contenders.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The director Kate Herron's comments are interesting, because it kind of contradicts what's said in this interview between the head writer, Hiddleston and her that was released yesterday. Also remember that interview where she said it was platonic was before the last episode aired, so she could have said that to not spoil the surprise, and her comments could have still been true for the episode itself since the hint of romance doesn't really develop until this episode anyway per the head writer's word. It's an interesting angle to go at, having a character who has struggles with himself and all of his flaws and self acceptance fall in love with himself. Here's the interview you can read through anyway
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...sylvie-in-love
    Thanks for the link to that interview! It's definitely interesting and I'm curious as to where their relationship will go in the final two episodes. Plus the writer and director's discussion of the relationship is still all over the place - they talk about a love growing, but there is self-love, and Loki wanting more in his life, and him showing respect and appreciation for Sylvie, and them realizing there is a growing connection and bond between them, but not sure what it is. I could still see this as a platonic love of a deep friendship just based upon who they are the seeing how they are both growing to be more than just their actions. Yeah, it might be more of a romantic relationship as well, but it really will depend on where they take the two of them in these last two episodes. There's still a lot of growth and development in their relationship that can be had without it being a romantic one, but we'll just have to see.

I do like the dynamic between the two of them, I'd just hate to see any romantic story forced in just for the sake of it.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I don't think it's a purely romantic story. More of a metaphor. Another thing is that right now I'm unable to see what else Sylvie can do outside this metaphor, and I'm afraid she won't live. Even if she doesn't get killed (say, channelling Loki in the T2 finale), she won't stay, of course, and this will be another loss Loki will have to cope with.