Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 648
  1. #586
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Disagree, that's very, very possible to achieve.
    Yeah, anyone who disbelieves this should check out Tatiana Maslany in Orphan Black.

  2. #587

    Default

    I liked the Loki Variants but I could see them wearing out their welcome. So in future seasons a less is more approach would be ideal.

    I saw the TVA's inclusion in Loki as a necessary compromise. The MCU didn't leave much wiggle room for a Loki show to exist. There are moments like what happened between Thor1 and Avengers that I would like to see explored. But I don't know if showcasing Loki and Thanos's interactions during that time would be enough for a TV season or movie. Maybe an episode?

    Yoruno's post about the cut scenes felt like they were from episode 1. They felt like the first half of Episode 1 were Mobius gives Loki a dream sequence of what he thinks he wants.

    After reading Thor issue 12 from the Loki: Mistress of Mischief collection, my pitch would be Loki trying to change his own past. It just felt more substantial than him pranking Leonardo Da Vinci. But you could do both as Loki would wanna test out how far he could go with time travel. Which would setup the season arc/conflict.

    You could still do the TVA/Sylvie/He Who Remains but that would be a season 2.

    Another option would be a prequel with Loki being an Agent of Asgard. I assumed he was groomed to be Thor's advisor by Odin. So you could have him cut his teeth by being an agent of Asgard's intelligence community. Odin is more of a genius than other Skyfathers. So him having spies makes sense. Having Loki be one of those agents doing missions for the benefit of Asgard's security could be fun. You could explore the 9 Realms better or have him venture beyond. Loki is an antihero but he still has his villainous moments but it's framed differently.

    I'm hoping Croki pops up in the Throg appearance.

    Loki is probably a bystander to whatever is going on in Ms.Marvel. They've teamed up before so having him be an ally here could be fun.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-24-2021 at 10:47 AM.

  3. #588
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    I think it is entirely possible to have an actor be just as engaging as Hiddleston, even tho i feel they kinda missed the mark with Sylvie a bit. But I do think they can overdo it with variant Lokis, it was fun for the first season, but probably should go a different direction next season. i expect Sylvie will likely be back, but other than that the focus I'd think will mostly be on stopping Kang.

    And yeah jumping through time to alter his own past could have worked, but what's done is done, and i was pretty happy with what happened overall. They could still maybe do an Agent of Asgard sort of thing next season, though not the Asgard part. But Agent of the Time Variance Authority doesn't really roll off the tongue. but obviously the TVA will have to change in how they operate some, especially the 'prime' TVA, the one with the Mobius Loki knows, who are aware that things have changed, and maybe some secret agent stuff could work there.

    Alligator Loki does not exist in the MU, he's a Loki series original creation. Tho of course, i guess Loki could just shapeshift. But why, tho? And the timeline doesn't line up, in terms of completing the issue. Issue 20 was already being drawn when Alligator Loki made an appearance, so... though it would be fun, it will be a while before the comics will even be able to reference that.

    But the more I think about it, I do bet it's the Mjolnir homing beacon thing as to why Throg is tasked with this mission. It just seems to line up with the solicit for the previous issue, where it was mentioned Mjolnir had disappeared. We now know for sure it is being kept in Avengers Mountain, which means it would be very hard to access for most people. Middle of the north pole, and inside a nigh impenetrable dead celestial, it's not easy to get to. But Loki is one of the few that actually could get in and out of Avengers Mountain undetected to steal Mjolnir, using his magic. And he also could possibly hide himself from Sif, Thor mentioned this as a reason he approached Loki for the Blake thing, which would necessitate some spying to find out what was going on. Considering that Thor gave up the hammer voluntarily this time, he may be ok with it being taken, as long as whoever took it was not misusing it, hence spying. It could be fun to see Throg act as a sort of guide for Loki though. Though with the enchantment broken, it does not mean a lot, so either Thor has to fix the enchantment, or maybe Mjolnir will do that itself.

    Also, thinking on it, if we go with the idea that the broad strokes get repeated, there are two main things that need to happen. One, the new 'champion' has to be tested by the King and/or made to learn a lesson. Thor is going to have to make Loki, assuming it is him, prove himself somehow, so that could be starting here. And I mean, it would be perfectly reasonable to expect Loki to prove himself in a way that Thor would not feel necessary for someone like Bill. Also, we need Blake to break free, and try to manipulate Loki and the Avengers into fighting. In Loki's case in particular, this resulted in the Avengers actually forming, though of course a bit late for that at the moment. But just fighting, but then it backfires and Loki ends up joining would also work. But yeah, I don't think him just joining is enough, I think Blake needs to be involved. and I mean, it's Loki, so it probably would not be hard to convince the Avengers to fight Loki. I think in general, you don't need to be super specific, and other than these things, Loki ought to just be free to do whatever, as long as he's helping rather than hurting people. But these are two kind of iconic elements of Thor's history, which should probably be repeated in some way. Details can change, but... the general gist.

    And I looked up the solicit for the first issue of the Ms Marvel thing, and yeah, sounds like Loki probably got sucked in by accident, because he knew her.

    "While on a break visiting her cousin in Chicago, Kamala Khan stumbles upon a robbery at a university physics lab . . . and maybe sets off an explosion of interdimensional proportions in the process. Still, nothing she can't handle. Or so she thinks, until she gets home and finds her whole world turned upside down . . .and into a Bollywood set?! Why is everyone she knows singing, and how can she make it stop?"

    So either Loki just happened to be in Jersey for some reason, or it sucked him in from wherever he was, (and sounds like it might be a variant? but I think it would be more fun if it was the real deal who got his mind fucked with, kind of like what happened in Exiled) because he knew her. In which case we could see other people she knows sucked in as well, which could include some other people Loki's worked with in the past, like Wolverine, or Iron Man, which could be fun. In any case, will have to keep an eye on that one.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-24-2021 at 03:16 PM.

  4. #589
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    21,435

    Default



    Official Loki concept art by Wesley Burt
    Last edited by juan678; 07-24-2021 at 04:22 PM.

  5. #590
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    heh that's pretty great. I heard Kid Loki is actually the oldest variant there (apparently you just kinda stop aging once in the Void) and you can kind of sense that here

  6. #591
    Spectacular Member Fanto.mx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it is entirely possible to have an actor be just as engaging as Hiddleston, even tho i feel they kinda missed the mark with Sylvie a bit. But I do think they can overdo it with variant Lokis, it was fun for the first season, but probably should go a different direction next season. i expect Sylvie will likely be back, but other than that the focus I'd think will mostly be on stopping Kang.

    And yeah jumping through time to alter his own past could have worked, but what's done is done, and i was pretty happy with what happened overall. They could still maybe do an Agent of Asgard sort of thing next season, though not the Asgard part. But Agent of the Time Variance Authority doesn't really roll off the tongue. but obviously the TVA will have to change in how they operate some, especially the 'prime' TVA, the one with the Mobius Loki knows, who are aware that things have changed, and maybe some secret agent stuff could work there.
    I think they'll maybe bring back Classic and Kid and Gator with Sylvie, but I rather suspect that Loki season 2 will be some sort of team-up with some other MCU character's variant(s). Maybe Wanda, maybe one of the Spider-Men, maybe even a Hulk or two? I think they will cut down on the Loki variants, though. They seem to not want to re-tread things much.


    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Alligator Loki does not exist in the MU, he's a Loki series original creation. Tho of course, i guess Loki could just shapeshift. But why, tho? And the timeline doesn't line up, in terms of completing the issue. Issue 20 was already being drawn when Alligator Loki made an appearance, so... though it would be fun, it will be a while before the comics will even be able to reference that.

    But the more I think about it, I do bet it's the Mjolnir homing beacon thing as to why Throg is tasked with this mission. It just seems to line up with the solicit for the previous issue, where it was mentioned Mjolnir had disappeared. We now know for sure it is being kept in Avengers Mountain, which means it would be very hard to access for most people. Middle of the north pole, and inside a nigh impenetrable dead celestial, it's not easy to get to. But Loki is one of the few that actually could get in and out of Avengers Mountain undetected to steal Mjolnir, using his magic. And he also could possibly hide himself from Sif, Thor mentioned this as a reason he approached Loki for the Blake thing, which would necessitate some spying to find out what was going on. Considering that Thor gave up the hammer voluntarily this time, he may be ok with it being taken, as long as whoever took it was not misusing it, hence spying. It could be fun to see Throg act as a sort of guide for Loki though. Though with the enchantment broken, it does not mean a lot, so either Thor has to fix the enchantment, or maybe Mjolnir will do that itself.

    Also, thinking on it, if we go with the idea that the broad strokes get repeated, there are two main things that need to happen. One, the new 'champion' has to be tested by the King and/or made to learn a lesson. Thor is going to have to make Loki, assuming it is him, prove himself somehow, so that could be starting here. And I mean, it would be perfectly reasonable to expect Loki to prove himself in a way that Thor would not feel necessary for someone like Bill. Also, we need Blake to break free, and try to manipulate Loki and the Avengers into fighting. In Loki's case in particular, this resulted in the Avengers actually forming, though of course a bit late for that at the moment. But just fighting, but then it backfires and Loki ends up joining would also work. But yeah, I don't think him just joining is enough, I think Blake needs to be involved. and I mean, it's Loki, so it probably would not be hard to convince the Avengers to fight Loki. I think in general, you don't need to be super specific, and other than these things, Loki ought to just be free to do whatever, as long as he's helping rather than hurting people. But these are two kind of iconic elements of Thor's history, which should probably be repeated in some way. Details can change, but... the general gist.
    Throg having a shard of Mjolnir and thereby being able to "track" the rest of it makes good sense, and I like the idea of Throg and Loki kinda teaming up, with Throg as "mentor." Though i think it would be useful, storywise, and fun if Throg tries to be the mentor, but both of them figure out that Loki needs to be a different kind of champion and what works for Throg/Thor isn't the only way that works.

    And I think Mjolnir stole itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    And I looked up the solicit for the first issue of the Ms Marvel thing, and yeah, sounds like Loki probably got sucked in by accident, because he knew her.

    "While on a break visiting her cousin in Chicago, Kamala Khan stumbles upon a robbery at a university physics lab . . . and maybe sets off an explosion of interdimensional proportions in the process. Still, nothing she can't handle. Or so she thinks, until she gets home and finds her whole world turned upside down . . .and into a Bollywood set?! Why is everyone she knows singing, and how can she make it stop?"

    So either Loki just happened to be in Jersey for some reason, or it sucked him in from wherever he was, (and sounds like it might be a variant? but I think it would be more fun if it was the real deal who got his mind fucked with, kind of like what happened in Exiled) because he knew her. In which case we could see other people she knows sucked in as well, which could include some other people Loki's worked with in the past, like Wolverine, or Iron Man, which could be fun. In any case, will have to keep an eye on that one.
    I think they'll maybe bring back Classic and Kid and Gator with Sylvie, but I rather suspect that Loki season 2 will be some sort of team-up with some other MCU character's variant(s). Maybe Wanda, maybe one of the Spider-Men, maybe even a Hulk or two? I think they will cut down on the Loki variants, though. They seem to not want to re-tread things much.

    Speaking of variants...the Ms Marvel thing feels like the "some kid is dreaming" trope, so maybe that's not Loki Loki? As you point out, it happens far away, but she seems to bring it home with her somehow, so maybe it's accidentally her own doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post


    Official Loki concept art by Wesley Burt
    I need this framed in the entryway to my house. Family portrait.
    Last edited by Fanto.mx; 07-26-2021 at 05:07 PM.

  7. #592
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanto.mx View Post
    I think they'll maybe bring back Classic and Kid and Gator with Sylvie, but I rather suspect that Loki season 2 will be some sort of team-up with some other MCU character's variant(s). Maybe Wanda, maybe one of the Spider-Men, maybe even a Hulk or two? I think they will cut down on the Loki variants, though. They seem to not want to re-tread things much.
    Yeah, I don't think they were setting up a formula to repeat next season, it was just kinda act 1 of a larger story. I'm hoping for much more Mobius next season, i think he and Loki had excellent chemistry, so like, go with what works, right? But I am kind of anticipating Kid Loki being brought back to complete the Young Avengers thing they seem to be setting up, even if it's a different variant that just like, looks exactly like the Kid Loki we already saw.

    Throg having a shard of Mjolnir and thereby being able to "track" the rest of it makes good sense, and I like the idea of Throg and Loki kinda teaming up, with Throg as "mentor." Though i think it would be useful, storywise, and fun if Throg tries to be the mentor, but both of them figure out that Loki needs to be a different kind of champion and what works for Throg/Thor isn't the only way that works.

    And I think Mjolnir stole itself.
    Yeah, Throg is basically a very small Thor, in terms of personality, he'd be all about glorious battle and showing the bad guy who's tougher. But I am not convinced that's what's needed for the newest telling of Asgard's story. If it is Loki in the role, I don't think it's to make him into a clone of Thor, but because the role has to update for the newest generation. The general beats will echo what came before, but specific details like methods used, and personality will likely change. Still, he'd probably be able to offer some help, and it would be fun to see them together. We got a bit of that in Asgardians of the Galaxy, but Throg was played silent there, and did not interact directly with Loki much. (who was actually a real fancy autonomous illusion anyway)

    They've also set up Iron Man as a possible mentor. Some of that is based on Loki's solo, which may be kind of being ignored a bit, (tho i think it's mostly the future shown there and Now and Then that's being ignored, because that would conflict with the story Cates is telling) but also in Thor itself, Tony's shown up the most prominently of the Avengers, until Cap last issue. And at least post face turn, he and Loki are pretty similar in terms of how they approach things, just Tony is tech and Loki is magic. So Throg may be there to show how Thor handled the role, and try to get Loki to be like that, but Tony is there to show a different way to fill the role.

    It may have stolen itself, I'm a bit torn on which would be better. If it just up and flew to Loki, (or whoever, but I do think he's likely) then it's a clear sign that's the chosen successor it wants, and shows that Loki doesn't have like, malicious intent, cus he didn't actually do anything. At least to the reader, anyway, I'm sure the characters would question it. And we have had some foreshadowing that it has chosen Loki. It seems to act up in his presence, and when Sif sent it to Jotunheim, it proceeded to fly to him and land at his feet. I don't think Sif would have sent it to Loki specifically, i think it was just a general destination of 'Jotunheim' and then it kinda... chose where it landed specifically. But questioning Loki's motives may make the better story, if he went in there and took it himself, and then had to work and prove he deserves it, rather than people just accepting the decision of the hammer. And it would show agency, though as with the TV series, the point may be to strip him of agency, since that's something he hates. So yeah, i can see merits to both scenarios. Tho, with Jane it just kinda called to her, but she still had to go there to get it, so it was kind of both.

    But I had another thought, about echoing the past. Occurred to me that Cates said Throg would be appearing again, but not necessarily in Thor, and... he's writing Hulk. Loki used the Hulk as his pawn in the scheme that inadvertently got the Avengers together... so, if they're gonna echo the past... then Cates could do a bit of a crossover with Hulk for that part. We'd probably get a 'puny god' callback in that case, but hopefully Loki fares a bit better.

    Speaking of variants...the Ms Marvel thing feels like the "some kid is dreaming" trope, so maybe that's not Loki Loki? As you point out, it happens far away, but she seems to bring it home with her somehow, so maybe it's accidentally her own doing.
    yeah, it may be inter-dimensional stuff, i just think it would be more fun if all the characters were the real deal is all... tho it also depends on what happens.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-27-2021 at 12:41 AM.

  8. #593
    Spectacular Member Yoruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    132

    Default

    As for Throg, Hulk and Loki... Kate Herron has mentioned in her interview they were going to shoot a scene where Throg was punching Loki but thought it would be too much...

  9. #594
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    21,435

    Default

    Delete Scene Silvie vs Lady Sif


  10. #595
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post


    Official Loki concept art by Wesley Burt
    Amazing!

    Kid Loki looks like he don't give a F - I love it

  11. #596
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    As for Throg, Hulk and Loki... Kate Herron has mentioned in her interview they were going to shoot a scene where Throg was punching Loki but thought it would be too much...
    I think it would have been hilarious but hilarious may not have been the right mood for the scene (I presume this was in the time theater) so, i guess i can understand that. But they'd put all the work into making Throg, and getting Hemsworth to voice him, so the easteregg makes sense so that work didn't go completely to waste. Maybe next season they can revisit that.

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Delete Scene Silvie vs Lady Sif

    Huh, so while they are clearly just blocking things out rather than actually filming, Sylvie and her standin/stunt double are in costume, and Sif's outfit is red and white, at least from the waist up, so it's her colours, but she was in Asgardian dress for Loki's scenes with her, so i wonder what's going on here, since it doesn't seem to be the same memory as Loki's, if that is the outfit she was gonna be in. odd.

    So just read Valkyries, and Loki is not in this issue, but it was pretty revealing how differently Loki and Hela reacted to the little godlings. I won't spoil too many details, but you remember how Loki was kind of a mixture of curious and excited about them, I got the sense he was interested about what it could mean for the future, and liked the uncertainty of whaht it meant. You know he doesn't like things to be predictable, so things that shake up fate are exciting to him. And then he played with the kiddos a bit, and when they blasted him with magic, he took it in stride, knowing they didn't mean harm. Hela.... was the dead opposite. They used some of the same dialogue as with Loki, but her meaning was completely different, she was absolutely furious. I think we were meant to compare their reactions. Especially given that Hela's reaction.... may have filled Jorungandr's now vacant role? We'll have to see next issue i guess.

  12. #597

  13. #598

    Default

    I read the Thor and Loki miniseries that came out with the Original Sin. It's the one where Thor finds out Angela is his dead sister Astrid. It was alright, more "Exiled" than "Everything Burns ".

  14. #599
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Yeah, it was ok. I really hope they do more with Loki and Angela in the future, I think they have a nice dynamic. I think Loki 'gets' her more than the other Asgardians, and they have some things in common what with being taken from their home culture and raised in another one (though the cultures involved were different) and due to her being missing all that time, she has no bad history with Loki. they've had them work together a couple times since then, in Vote Loki and in Asgardians of the Galaxy, but they never really got into their relationship the way i would have liked. Seems like Bill has kinda gone off to do his own thing away from Asgard, so maybe she can be the new Goddess of War, it would suit her, and bring her closer in to Asgard where she can interact more with her brothers.

  15. #600
    Spectacular Member Yoruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    132

    Default

    I liked the art of The Tenth Realm, although everybody seems to hate the change of style in the middle of the story. The story itself is OK, not a big fan of Angela, sorry, but I like the way Loki was characterized there. The way he tries to tell the truth about Kid Loki but fails, the way he feels he doesn't belong, yet his family shows acceptance all the time ("Your sister, Thor. - No, our sister"). Odin as written by Ewing is a very compassionate and understanding father. This alone could have given Loki a hint that he might be exaggerating his guilt, and that he is Loki and not just "a copy in a stolen body".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •