Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Loki Appreciation 2021

Appreciation thread for Marvel's coolest villain turned anti-hero Loki!

Though some big things are coming for Loki in a couple months with the Disney Plus show, a new miniseries, and I hope he has some big things coming in Thor, and maybe a new solo to coincide with the Disney+ show, at the moment not much new going on with him to talk about. I had been holding off on making this thread in hopes that there would be a preview for the new issue of Thor, and that Loki may be in it, maybe find out what happened to him after his encounter with Blake, but, no preview has surfaced yet, so I will make do with this:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-loki-saved-destroyed-world/

I am a bit surprised they left off the end of War of the Realms for his big saves, to be honest. Though I guess most people were focused on Malekith right then, and though Loki played a part in defeating Malekith, it was kinda in a from the shadows sort of way, but Loki stopped Laufey from freezing the earth solid, even if most people had their attention on Malekith's shenanigans, it was still Loki saving the earth from destruction, so I think it counts.

anyway. yeah. Loki. Here's the final page of the previous thread the refresh on discussion: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2020/page34

I'm hoping to get discussion as lively as it used to be back in the Agent of Asgard days, but i think a lot of people in this thread in the past kinda just only used the one thread, and not the rest of the forums, and so every time it gets rebooted, we lose people who don't know to look for a rebooted thread. And I suspect we permanently lost Rosebunse this past year, sadly. I hope not, if hope she just pops in again, but... Also, I know I can go on and on, but this is Loki's thread, not mine, if you have something else to say, or just want to post some pictures or something, go ahead, I'd love to see it, you don't have to participate in the speculation talk if you don't want (though I would love that).

My personal hope is that Loki will continue his face turn in the coming year (and beyond), and not revert like so many other villains who have turned face have done recently (*cough*Doom*cough*). I like things to move forward, not backward, on general principle, I have said before that I think the 'illusion of change' model's time has passed, now that we have such easy access to all the past stories. Also, I just like the direction he's been taken, I think he's more interesting now than he was as a pure villain, and think there's still tons of potential to explore with Loki as more of a good guy. But I think that both the editorial team on the Asgard stuff and Donny Cates like the face turn, so I am not too worried on that front. I think I also want him to have some kind of romantic involvement. I'm not particular on that front though, man, woman, established character, or a new one, could go either way, I kinda lean towards a man, but I wouldn't really complain if they rekindled things with Zelma or something, either. I just think it's been a long time since he's been involved with anyone, and I think it would be nice to see is all.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-01-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Happy New Year to the God of Mischief (and stories, and whatever else he feels like) .

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Looking forward to the TV show!

It's really strange the comic side hasn't started pushing the character and given him his own book again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Welcome to 2021!

I agree, there could have been more additions on Loki saving/dooming the world from his time in JiTM, or the end of AoA, then there's the Infinity Wars. But yeah, other options as well.

Yeah, I'm hoping he doesn't go back to the one-dimensional simplistic villain. Hopefully between his TV series and the growth he has had, future series will be able to expand upon his multi-dimensional personality and characteristics. I'm looking forward to next months solicits hoping for new Loki series info.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I think the pandemic likely screwed up schedules there, Thor got delayed some, and it might be that they were going to spin it out of Thor, so.... There may be one in the works, but rather than a few months before like they usually do with tie-in stuff, it may be starting a bit after. Prey ends in May, same month the show hits, so if something is going to spin out of the story in Thor, that would probably be about the right time. But they are doing the Thor and Loki Double Trouble thing starting shortly before the show hits, which looks cute, though just a mini, and probably not in continuity.

Astonishing Member

Happy New Year everyone!

Art for the next Future Fight update: Loki with (Gram) a sword!

Ep-MNi-IW8-AA23a-H.jpg
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-03-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

Art for the next Future Fight update: Loki with (Gram) a sword!

Ep-MNi-IW8-AA23a-H.jpg
    Happy New Year!

I love this with Brunhilde Valkyrie, Thor Odinson and evil villain Loki with his sword. I know he used a golden one years ago. This sort of looks like it.

... I'm confused, why 'evil villain Loki' when this is clearly his modern costume? And as rpmaluki said, probably meant to represent Gram from Agent of Asgard, unless it's a tease for something in the future.

Even got the same yellow magic effect.

Anyway, looks cool! will have to dust that game off, i guess!

edit - btw, if you wanted to see him in action, and yeah, it says Gram right on the screen there:

Last edited by Raye; 01-03-2021 at 01:35 PM.

I honestly think the game keeps up with current comic story line stuff more for their design elements than the story beats

Oh, yeah, I don't think it really matters to the game one way or the other story wise. It's just one of many many skins they release. I just was confused by the comment that it was villain Loki when this costume has only been worn by Loki since he started doing the anti-hero thing. I like the costume, (tho that one ability with the throne, that seems annoying, the way it blocks out all the action) so i'll go unlock it and play with it for a bit. Iho it's been months and months since i've played so power creep has likely overtaken my gear and stuff, leaving all my characters real weak.

btw. Preview for Thor was released turns out, but Loki's not in it, mostly just Blake and Jane. Still have hopes he will play a big part in the story tho despite his absence last issue, though.

Yea I re downloaded the game and I definitely need to update my characters lol.

So, Loki was not in Thor today, unfortunately. He was not confirmed to be in Dimension Blood with the others or not, though the residents seem a lot more friendly than you might expect, and apparently Thor had something to do with some kind of fallout after Strange bunnied them. And Ratatoskr made an unexpected but welcome appearance, so i guess this is confirmation that Cates has read that particular story. And looks like Loki's decision to let her go at the end of it may have paid off. I mean, I don't think he could have anticipated these exact circumstances but his (and Squirrel Girl's) decision to let her go resulted in a net good, assuming Ratatoskr can help Thor somehow. I do still think Loki will play a part, but it's looking like it may be in more of a last-minute kind of way, and this may be more of them playing his actions close to the vest. I just want to know what happened with him after Blake, though. And that this wasn't addressed kinda feels to me like when we do find out, it will be kind of a big deal like he went off and was doing stuff off panel or something. But if that's the case, I hope it's not drawn out too long, especially after how long they drew out similar tactics during Aaron's run. I've said this before, but though I love me some speculation, I am just a bit tired of having to constantly guess at what Loki's doing, while I get that him being unpredictable is kind of part of his character, it leads to his motivations not being well explored, when you have to constantly try and piece everything together, and I would like to see where his motivations are at right now.

:frustrated sigh:

In the meantime, in my corner of the world, Loki and Thor are living in a fairy treehouse with an Ender dragon from Minecraft.
    (My kid did it, I'm grown ass adult woman and I'm certainly not playing with that at all)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Karabaja; 01-07-2021 at 09:51 AM.

HAH! that's adorable!

I've been messing around in Sims. I decided to send Thor to Strangerville (there is a DLC where a neighborhood with a mysterious lab is going to hell and you have to solve the mystery as to why, in the end you fight a big plant monster thing. closest thing i could think of to the weird suburban dystiopia in the comics) and have him live there and solve the mystery, and been having fun with that. And I moved Sif in with the Warriors 3, (I built them a really adorable house) and Blake into the Asgard house and will send them on a 'jungle adventure' 'vacation' after having Blake beat the **** out of them, been having fun with Strangerville so far, but do wish i knew what to do with Loki tho.

Yeah it's frustrating, like I still think that with how the story started, and the themes involved, it makes sense to have Loki play a part in the resolution. I just don't think it was necessary to involve Loki in the beginning the way he was if he wasn't going to play a part in the resolution... but it's frustrating that we haven't been updated on his status in 2 issues