Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    Nothing surprising, but cool.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

That's cool!

Yet another new trailer:

the main new thing is Loki saying 'a god doesn't plead' when brought before the judge

And early reviews for the first two episodes are very positive so far: https://screenrant.com/loki-show-ear...ws-mcu-marvel/

So on the subject of the missing TVA agents, i remembered this scene:

so, that's one TVA hunter fighting ANOTHER hunter. so either there is some kind of schism within the TVA, which leads to different factions fighting each other, or they are impostors dressing like hunters to infiltrate them.... OR these ARE the missing agents, who have been turned against the TVA by the big bad, somehow. could be mind control, or some kind of brainwashing, something like that.

also, she has a lance, so i presume we will find out which it is fairly early, when they do that Ren Faire thing in Wisconsin.

also: https://twitter.com/princloki/status...27426690211847 hehehehee
    Last edited by Raye; 06-06-2021 at 10:30 PM.

The reviewers hint at a certain big reveal and some use of de-aging technology. I'll be really disappointed if the reveal isn't about young Loki being a girl

If they are using de-aging technology, i doubt they would be going back much further than like maybe early to mid 20s. If they go back to Loki as a child, that's a recast type of thing. Teenager, they MAY pull a young Tony Stark kinda deal, but i doubt it. They could only pull off such a large de-aging with Tony because, well first of all Robert Downey Jr is older, so the jump back to teenager was much larger, and also they had extensive film reference from older movies to draw from for a young Downey who had been professionally acting in film since he was 5, and had some major roles they could use as reference from when he was around 18-20, (same reason they needed an actor with a filmography as extensive as Brad Pitt for Benjamin Button. Or why young Nick Fury worked in Captain Marvel. They NEED that old filmography to build the younger version) so... It would probably just be easier to just go for a re-cast in that scenario. In that case, it could also plant the seed for a recast later, if they do the Kid Loki who later got ages to a young adult thing in the MCU (though with a different origin) for the Young Avengers thing they seem to be building towards, if they used the same actor they intend to use later for that. But switching genders, young or old, would definitely require a re-cast. de-aging tech has it's limits, and is just too expensive and labor intensive to use for something like that, where an actress would do the job probably much better without the uncanny valley and wooden expressions the de-aging stuff often has. I'm not saying there won't be any Lady Loki, and by that i mean actual Lady Loki where it is the same character changed into a woman, not a separate character just using the name, just that it will most likely be an actress playing the part.

My bet on a de-aging scene that is also a 'big reveal'? Showing the meeting of Loki and Thanos. Show, on screen, instead of just in text on websites, the retcon that Thanos messed with Loki using the Mind Stone.

Anyway, looks like one of my favorite t-shirts, one i have often got compliments on when i wore it to like comic cons, is becoming a reality:

https://people.com/food/loki-charms-...dition-cereal/

ultra limited though, so i won't be getting one.

And a clip of Loki getting arrested by Hunter B-15!

My feeling is she is a very by the books true believer in the sacred timeline, and is a sort of 'just follow orders' type, which means she may come into conflict with Loki later on as well if, as i suspect, the TVA leadership is corrupted somehow, because she may follow orders blindly even if the leadership has become corrupted. I also think she has zero respect for anyone who breaks the rules she holds to so closely, even if they more than likely don't even realize what the rules are, which is why she holds Loki in such disdain, as a 'cosmic mistake' because he escaped his proper timeline. Whereas Mobius, while he does believe in the TVA mission, is more flexible on how it is accomplished, and is more willing to question leadership if he feels they are wrong. Just my feeling so far on the dynamic that's developing.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-07-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Oh! also, full trailer for the 'i'll do what i want to do' bit!

the 'i'mma get a snack' bit is also pretty funny
    Last edited by Raye; 06-07-2021 at 11:43 PM.

ooooh, many more scenes! (sorry, Youtube's almighty Algorithm has me on a steady diet of Loki at the moment)

A bit funny how when in the comics they have Loki switch from Lauyfeyson to Odinson, the MCU has him switch from Odinson to Laufeyson
    Last edited by Raye; 06-07-2021 at 11:56 PM.

What I meant is that being a girl and the de-aging technology would be two separate things, sorry for the confusion.
    I also thought that revealing what happened to Loki between T1 and A1 would be the most logical gap-filling. When they mentioned the de-aging thing, they also spoke about unexpected cameos. Well, Josh Brolin would fit.

ah, ok, hen yeah i guess we are on the same page there. and yep, Josh Brolin would definitely fit.

so yet another trailer, Loki is STILL burdened with glorious purpose:

I get the feeling we are seeing Mobius formulating his plan to bring Loki onboard in that one? when he's looking at video of Loki's very un-glorious arrest?

and completely unrelated to the show, I have just been thinking the past couple days.... let's assume for a sec i am correct about my speculation, and Loki is the next 'Thor' how would be the best way to have that switch happen? It's just, I think Thor loves Loki as family, but Loki's past obviously still colours Thor's perception of Loki as a person, and he still essentially thinks of Loki as 'The God of Lies', as a bad guy. He kinda demonstrated this in earlier conversations in the story so far. This makes it extremely unlikely that he'd hand the role over to Loki specifically when he does come to the conclusion that he has to give that up in order to be a better king. But I do think Loki actually does fit the role, as unlikely as some people may find that to be. (including Thor. and I think that's part of why he would be a much more interesting choice than Bill or whoever) So this is all just based on nothing except what i think could work, but.... in my head, i am kinda picturing a scenario where Thor decides he needs to devote himself fully to being king, (quite possibly at the insistence of Odin) but to fully commit to that, he has to ensure he can not lift Mjolnir, or the temptation to use it and go do his usual thing would be too great. He has to fix the enchantment so it is returned to only a very select few being able to lift it, AND he can not be among that group. But intentionally this time, so it's not like he loses his worthiness, he just decides the next champion type has new rules of worthiness. So he does this, whether he picks traits specifically, or it's something more vague, I kinda feel he may go with the more vague option, so it really is a surprise to him. But either way, new enchantment is placed on the hammer. I kinda think he would place it somewhere prominent where people could come try their luck, but probably still in Asgard, so like the throne room or something? And then he invites people to lift it. Starting with likely suspects, Bill, Angela, etc. Loki is not invited, he is assumed to be unworthy. No one succeeds. Then Loki comes by to talk, or maybe he invited for some other reason, but Loki is unaware of the new enchantment, because of his assumed unworthiness and no one telling him as a result. So Loki still thinks just anyone can come pick the thing up, like he did before. So maybe he's like 'why do you have this in the middle of the floor?' and picks it up, and everyone is all like :-o (why does that smiley without the nose look like a blushing face here? weird) and he doesn't realize at first what is happening, until Thor explains. I think there would be confusion all around, from Loki as well, and I think most of them may think that Thor somehow screwed up the enchantment, or something. Basically, i think they'd be more ready to believe something was wrong with the enchantment than believe Loki was worthy. so Loki kinda has to prove himself twice, once to the hammer/enchantment, and then again to Thor and everyone who isn't prepared to believe it.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-08-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

Why would Loki be the next Thor? I feel like someone like Beta Ray Bill is a more appropriate successor.

But we already had the scene where Loki picks it up, unaware of its change. (I like the scrutinizing look on his face, he immediately suspects something is wrong with the hammer but doesn't even think of his own worthiness). I think Cates will have to invent something new. However, as it was stated it was a story for another time, yes, I agree it's possible for him to lift Mjolnir again, unless "another time" means "another version", e.g. Kibblesmith's Loki who became Thor in the future.

I do think Bill is the other main contender, but I think he is a red herring. I think the roles need to be updated to reflect changing times, otherwise there isn't really any point in changing the people filling the roles at all. The point isn't to copy the predecessor exactly, it's to update the roles for a new era, so the new person SHOULD be different than the person who came before. Thor isn't going to (or, at least, he shouldn't) do things exactly like Odin did, Sif is doing things differently from Heimdall (Heimdall was all about duty and following orders of the king without question, Sif is QUITE willing to disobey orders) and so on, so why would we expect the next person in Thor's old role to do things exactly the same as Thor did? Bill is too similar to Thor to do really update things, at least, personality wise. Also, I do think Bill lacks certain elements essential to the role, which he can't really acquire. There needs to be a connection to Earth/Midgard, which he lacks, and, maybe more importantly, he needs a connection to the God of Lies, Donald Blake has to have a reason to HATE the new person in that role for personal reasons. Which Bill also lacks. Loki has both these things. I think this is the reason they kinda made Blake a brother to Loki and Thor, AND why they had Loki be the one to lock him up and give him the God of Lies title. I don't think Loki technically had to formally pass the role on to Blake, but by doing so, not only did the story make it clear to those who may not have been following Loki's story that he no longer wanted that role, and made it explicitly clear he is now currently without a role, this gave Blake a reason to hate Loki specifically, in a way no other character except Odin and Thor himself has.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    But we already had the scene where Loki picks it up, unaware of its change. (I like the scrutinizing look on his face, he immediately suspects something is wrong with the hammer but doesn't even think of his own worthiness). I think Cates will have to invent something new. However, as it was stated it was a story for another time, yes, I agree it's possible for him to lift Mjolnir again, unless "another time" means "another version", e.g. Kibblesmith's Loki who became Thor in the future.
    I know, but that just gives him the knowledge that he can pick it up. Like i am not anticipating him picking it up with his motivation being 'is this a test?' etc. like it was in issue 4, more that he fully expects he can pick it up, just not because he's worthy. He still thinks it's busted, and just casually picks it up, not aware that it would be a big deal, because he thinks in that moment that just anyone can come along and pick it up. Like he did when he threw it at Thor.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-08-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

I usually think it's better when a replacement hero has similar abilities.

But then what's the point of replacing them? and I don't think the role is about abilities, it's about the place they fill in the story. Like, Sigurd held the role before Thor did, and he had no hammer, no thunder and lightning, but he was still in the role, because he filled the same narrative function within the story. There is precedent for the the roles changing over time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    But then what's the point of replacing them? and I don't think the role is about abilities, it's about the place they fill in the story. Like, Sigurd held the role before Thor did, and he had no hammer, no thunder and lightning, but he was still in the role, because he filled the same narrative function within the story. There is precedent for the the roles changing over time.
    The point is the characters have similar abilities but different personalities. Like Iron Man and War Machine. It's more of a personal preference tbh. Someone with a different power set would have a different identity