Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

as an aside, I hadn't looked at sales charts in.... i dunno, months, because everything got all screwed up with Diamond and DC and all, but went down a sales figures rabbit hole just now, and Cates' Thor is selling PHENOMENALLY well for a Thor book, it's kind of mind boggling, and gets more impressive the more you dig into it. It's like, this never happens, especially during a freaking pandemic. At first i was going to put it down to inaccurate estimates, (more inaccurate than usual, i mean, due to the pandemic and DC going it's own way for distribution, which removed their usual index book from the charts) but... all the other books line up, more or less, and going back, you can see that there was some massive re-order activity, indicating retailers vastly under-estimated how many they'd be able to sell, so the numbers shown aren't even complete, because it's complicated by a huge numbers of re-orders, month after month. we're talking 6th printings, and re-orders that rank above other books on their first go out. Though some of that also likely is due to chaos caused by the pandemic, to be fair. As of October, the most recent set of estimates, (which are likely more inaccurate than previous ones) Thor is selling over 100k, 8 issues into it's run. These are amazingly good numbers for Thor. We have never seen a Thor book sell this well by issue 8 in modern times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic, which is hampering shops abilities to do business. JMS's run in 2007 is the next highest, and it was selling 91k by issue 8. So... close, but not there. And keep in mind that digital wasn't a thing back then, and trades were not as hot as they are right now (I went down this rabbit hole after seeing that sales of adult TPBs/GNs had more than doubled over the past year, thanks at least in part to pandemic binge reading. got curious how floppies were doing, if the trade sales had eaten into their numbers, and, then saw Thor's numbers and was like whaaa? so down the rabbit hole i went) so books around that time saw a much larger percentage of their readers via floppies. Today, you have to factor in digital and trades to a greater degree, and those are not counted on these charts. So Cates' numbers are already higher than shown relative to the 2007 run, we just are not sure by exactly how much.

What's really interesting though is that sales have been GOING UP, not down. This is extremely unusual, and happens when retailers realize they have vastly underestimated interest in a book. It's happened with books like Ewing's Hulk, Tom King's Vision, and a few others. But typically, a book debuts high and then sheds readers quickly at first then settles into a slow decline with maybe the occasional blip upward, but more or less holding steady, and then they relaunch to shake things up and begin the process again. Upward growth almost never happens, especially early into a run. It debuted at 158k, which is decent for Thor, then immediately, the very next issue, which came out in the SAME MONTH, plummeted to 51k. This is around the place where Aaron's Thor finished. So it appears retailers expected a big #1, then for it to settle into the same kinds of numbers Aaron's Thor had (and the Thor runs before that) which isn't unreasonable, i guess, though that is a very steep drop for a #2, i would have expected something closer to 75k, but.... There's certainly no way they could have anticipated it would sell double what Aaron's run did, in any case. And Aaron's run, despite what some will say, didn't do badly. It did well for a solo book with a character of Thor's stature. He's not Spider-Man, he's not Batman, he's just not a 100k character.... usually. Ewing's Hulk, for comparison is extremely well received, and it sells around 40k. Cap sells 40k. Before Aaron took over with God of Thunder, it was selling 30k. So 50k is not bad for a character like Thor. anyway, then issue 3 was down to 48k, (steep drop then slow decline, as mentioned) and this is about when retailers would have realized they fucked up, and demand was far more than they anticipated, so the re-orders begin. Thor #1 saw some small re-order activity this month, but it was the next month that it began really going, and issue 4 was at 76k, and 1-3 also all chart with re-orders, just a few thousand, but this is before the reprints begin. But then the pandemic hit so the estimates charts got thrown completely out of whack for a while, books were delayed, and it was a mess. But you can see re-order activity in the advance re-order charts, and though there are no estimates for a while, Thor creeps up the chart placements, until it is outselling X-Men and Spider-Man by issue 6. Estimates come back for issue 7, and it is at somewhere between 110 and 130k (Comichron added an estimate range for the first time here, i presume because they are less certain of the accuracy of their estimates) which is a huge jump from the estimated 76k for issue 4, so i can only guess that issues 5 and 6 were between 80k or so and 130k, somewhere. Though maybe not all at once, because they were also on that same chart, somewhere between 65 and 85k in re-orders. Now, I am sure this could be greatly inflated due to pandemic supply issues, but still, a 65k re-order is insane, and the other books that month didn't see the same book place 3 times with massive re-orders. Re-orders, sure, but nothing crazy. X-Men is on there with issue 12 at 75k+, X-Men 10 with 1,200+, 11 with 1000+ and 2 with 1000+. Hulk issue 37 at 60k+ and 36 with 800+ and stuff like that. Re-orders, but normal re-orders of a few thousand or less. In any case, it is upward movement, not downward, which is extremely unusual, as mentioned. And then, issue 8, we seem to see it leveling off, as it sees it's first decline since issue 3, but that still has it at 105-115k, and still outselling X-Men, though it has dipped back below Spider-Man. (and Venom, so, like Cates is killing it all round. Though to be fair this was full steam towards King in Black, so, Spider-Man and Venom got a boost)

But this isn't about it being the top book, it hasn't hit #1, it's about how well it sells relative to other Thor books that came before, and that is insanely well. Double what they tended to average. By issue 8, JMS' run was at 91k as mentioned, so not TOO much better than that, (though, the digital and trade thing, as mentioned) but settled around 70k. Then Fraction's run averaged around 30k, God of Thunder averaged around 50k, Jane Foster Thor around 70k, Mighty Thor was at 50k by issue 8 (though it seems it was basically just treated as a continuation of the previous book as far as ordering went) but was around 40k by the time the book ended, and then Thor, the one where Thor was the main character again, started out at 100k, 46k by issue 8, and that's about where it settled, before War of the Realms began messing with the numbers. And Cates did that without any event tie-ins. Cates could have tied it into King In Black, but he didn't. (though he did have Thor participate in the event books, but the Thor book itself has remained completely self contained so far) Anyway after that they stopped doing estimates, but Thor makes repeated appearances in the advance re-order charts, and Thor #2 is on it's 6th printing, 8 has a second printing already, despite, as just laid out, already selling over a hundred thousand copies. I mean I knew Thor was a hot book, I just didn't realize how hot. Especially when you consider that it's Thor. A book that seems to have an average level somewhere between 30k and 70k most of the time. Even if Thor's numbers dip to 80k, which, considering after 8 issues it's at 100k doesn't seem unreasonable, it will still be selling better than any Thor book in the past 20 years or more.

anyway. all that is to say, this actually bodes well for Loki. If Loki factors into things, then it is in what has become an extremely high profile book. And if it spins off into a solo, it gives it a huge amount of exposure, and any potential spinoff will get a bigger boost, especially if it spins directly out of events in Thor, and they are treated as true sister books where to get the full picture you should probably read both. And if Cates writes both (he is off Venom soonish so he's got a spot in his schedule opening up) even better, cus he is clearly the hottest ticket in town right now.

Do we know for sure who Loki's mom is in the MU? We know he very much thought of Freyja as his mother, but do we (assume) we know who his bio mom is? I think there's been mumble mumble "pure" jotun stuff, but I don't remember details anymore. It probably doesn't matter much, since they could play the "Tess is half jotun, half human, and the child of an adopted Asgardian" game to get the "child of three worlds" idea in, but it would be cleaner and open up more possibilities if she was in the line to the throne of Asgard... especially if the Phoenix thing allows for some doubt on Thor in some way.

That's... complicated. His mother, like his father, is taken from the myths, but gender swapped, so Fárbauti in the myths was his father, but his mother in the comics. And it was just assumed she and Laufey were his birth parents and that was all there was to it. She's appeared on panel on occasion, but very infrequently. She is presumed dead, and we know almost nothing about her. But in the leadup to War of the Realms, when Loki was hanging around resurrected Laufey, Loki's parentage came into question, but it was never really expanded upon beyond some questions Loki had about her. there was a suggestion that Loki's mother was either killed by Laufey, or she died by suicide, shortly after Loki's birth, due to some.... questions surrounding Loki's birth. Fárbauti is still likely his mother, it's Laufey who may not be his bio father. It was hinted that Fárbauti may have had an affair with someone, making Loki illegitimate, and possibly not a full frost giant. But this has not been confirmed, and we don't know for sure that, if it is the case that his father is someone she had an affair with, it makes Loki a half giant and half... ??? or if the other man was also a frost giant. But the sperm donor being something other than a frost giant could go a long way to explaining several things about Loki that don't really fit with the other frost giants, like his small size. Tho the logistics of her with an Asgardian or a human is a bit weird to think about, but i guess better than if the genders were flipped.

But yeah I don't think Loki's parentage matters so much when it comes to Tess. What's more important there is that she has a connection with Loki, specifically. But it is a bit tricky because though Loki did want to know about his birth parents, ultimately those questions never got resolved. After Loki tried to reconnect with Laufey, but it went poorly, I think part of the reason it never really got resolved is in part because Loki decided the answer didn't actually matter, Freyja and Odin were his parents, regardless of who gave birth to him or contributed sperm. Tess is in a similar situation, where at least one birth parent was never a part of her life, and she may want to know more about him, or she may resent him for not being a part of her life. He was the anonymous sperm donor to Tess, much like the possible mystery man his mother slept with, but Loki and Tess may have very different takeaways from that situation. But Loki did go for a long time thinking that his birth parentage mattered a lot in that it made him feel like an outsider in Asgard, and he did want to know more about is birth parents, and tried to reconnect Laufey in a very ill advised way, so it may be that Tess is thinking about things i the way Loki used to, which I guess would fit.

I dunno been thinking about this. And, regardless of whether it is Tess or Tyr, or someone else, I am a bit torn on what is more important to have in this 'new god of lies'.

On the one hand, I think giving the new God of Lies a familial connection is important, so that there is a real connection there, so when the betrayals and backstabbings start coming, it hurts more. So there is a good argument to be made for Tyr in that regard, who has a familial connection with Thor, Odin, Loki, all of them, and him acting against them could hurt all of them, not just Loki. And if he does something like target Freyja, that is a much bigger betrayal than if someone outside the family did it. So I do think there is a lot to be said for that, and his motivations do make sense. He's the oldest child, (albeit technically illegitimate... but so is Thor. Their only legitimate children, as in they both are the biological parents AND they were born after they were married, are the daughters, Angela and Laussa. Tyr and Balder were born before they were married, Loki is adopted, Thor's mother is not Freyja) but got passed over and sidelined repeatedly, and Thor ended up on the throne. I get how that could piss him off. With Tess, her being Loki's daughter could also do that, but of course it only works with Loki specifically, and thus would only work if Loki is taking Thor's place, which I do think is a strong possibility, we are rapidly running out of viable candidates for the role, but he is still in the running, but it is not guaranteed. And her doing something like the hypothetical Freyja situation wouldn't have quite the same bite to it as if Tyr did it. Also, i think that her being pretty much 100% Earth based makes it harder for her to even contemplate doing something like that. I mean, how would she even get access?

On the other hand, if we are changing roles to update the pantheon for a new era, I don't think Tyr fits in the new world and way of doing things very well. He is a fighter, not a trickster. Which could work in a foil kind of way with Loki, but probably not so much with someone else. I REALLY like the idea of the new God of Lies being something like the MU's Q, (the specific conspiracies involved would have to change, but Qanon is a big tent conspiracy deal, so that's not hard) that is using social media and stuff to deceive Midgardians into causing chaos. But this is SO NOT something Tyr would do. It is something Tess could do, though. But I also have a hard time seeing how it could affect Asgard, which is notoriously behind the times, and I am pretty sure most of them have never once used the internet. Loki is very much an exception in that regard, with his love of his cell phone and him being pretty computer savvy.

So what's more important here, the family connections and the ability to act against Asgard, which Tyr wins at, or the more specific tie to Loki (which only applies if he is the new 'Thor' which is not guaranteed) and updating the role to fit modern times, where Tess wins?
    Last edited by Raye; 02-12-2021 at 04:51 PM.

So on that note, what if the "child of three worlds" thing gets played out with her jockeying for three thrones? Like she's a politician or royalty on Earth, has the throne of Jotun when Loki (inevitably?) abdicates, and wants the throne of Asgard for her new world?

that seems kind of ludicrously ambitious for someone who, when not possessed by an ancient sorceress, has the abilities of a normal human stock broker. That kinda goes back to the point i was making when it was down to her (or another more Midgardian/human type) or Tyr about how much they could affect Asgard, Tyr wins there, hands down. I mean, with the help of social media, a regular person can be a threat on Midgard if they say the right things and get enough people on their side. But what's a regular human supposed to do vs Asgard, or Jotunheim, when they have no access to their main weapon? Even if she raised a mob of cultish followers to do her bidding, what's that going to do against literal gods, in a realm no one can reach without their express permission? she would need a serious powerup. She'd need one anyway or she would be too easy to stop anyway, but still. Maybe if she managed to trick some supes, but... hm...

But also, we also kinda JUST did that with Donald Blake, (who did get a massive powerup in order to accomplish it) so...

I am also not really sure why 'child of three worlds' is so important here, since Loki was only ever the child of two. Sure, he may have used Midgard in his schemes, but he did that with lots of other realms too, he didn't have any particular attachment to Midgard until fairly recently.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-12-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Interesting note that may mean nothing at all: The alt cover for Thor #9 has Loki on it -- but it's also a clear homage to a classic Hulk cover.

s-l1600.jpg

comic_20incredible_20hulk_201.jpg

Nice! I hadn't seen that variant cover before, that's neat! A little odd tho how they just kinda threw in Enchantress and Hela to make the composition work.

So, I have been playing the Sims some more, and i think it may be trying to tell me something. Remember, my Sims game has eerie future predicting properties, it predicted Bats the ghost dog, of all things, among other things. And I have been adding other characters to the game, most notably for this post, Tony Stark. He's been a lot of fun, actually, I've spent a lot of time with him. I got him set up on the Mechanical Engineer track, got him the fanciest penthouse apartment money could buy, (little cheating required there, cus i was not willing to move up the ranks of homes with him, he was born rich, dammit) and got him to build both a mech suit and a robot. Loki and Tony ended up with similar traits, I have a mod that increases traits from 3 to 5, to allow for a bit more diversity in personalities, I have also added in several custom mod traits, (if a game allows me to mod it.... I will mod it until it breaks, basically.) but even so, he and Loki share 3 in common. Just, they are very similar in the comics in many respects, so they ended up similar in the game. The main differences being, just like in the comics, Tony's area of expertise is mechanical/technological, while Loki's is magic. As a result, he and Loki actually get on very well, total besties, there's no fighting it, they just click together. I could force negative interactions, and that may make them hold a grudge and do those autonomously, (I actually have a problem with this with the Warriors 3, i have to either disable autonomous mean interactions with MCCC, or constantly babysit them, or they will snipe and yell at each other, and destroy their relationships, because i had them participate in a holiday early on, called Neighborhood Brawl, where you fight with people. I thought it would be safe because during the holiday it is flagged as a positive interaction, but nope, they've all held hidden grudges ever since, which do not appear in the 'sentiments' system, and they, quite frustratingly, do not get along autonomously, and i do not know how to cheat away the grudges, they appear to be permanent for all time) but... I don't want to. I never went as far as to have them choose the 'become best friends' option (that is Verity for Loki, and Doreen at the moment for Tony, until i get around to making Rhodey, having Tony work on making a War Machine suit for that right now) but even so, Loki is constantly coming over, or inviting Tony over or out etc. and they just get along real well, way more than any other character, and I have Tony introduced and with high relationships with all the appropriate characters added so far. Anyway. The past couple days... the game has been trying to make it a bit more than friends. Twice now, as I was playing Tony's household, Loki has asked Tony on a date. And though I ghosted him both times so far, it's kinda made me go hmmm.... Sims goes by 'everyone is bi' rules, until you make them show interest in someone, which will solidify their gender preference based on who you target for romantic interactions. This works great for characters that are intended to be completely straight or gay, but is tricky for bi characters, so I did explicitly make them both bi to varying degrees with the MCCC mod, where you can set gender preference by percentage, and it will not change with interactions. I set Loki to like 40/60, slightly favoring women, and made Tony have a slight interest in men, like 20% or something, given some hints over the past few years. There was one panel in Infamous where he had naked funtimes with both men and women, though it is unclear exactly what went on, and to be fair he wasn't quite in his right mind, but then in Slott's run, he had a dating profile that was open to both men and women. Probably some other things as well could support this. Just saying, I set it that way based this on stuff I have seen in the comics. We know for sure Loki is bi/pan, and I think Tony may be bi, an argument could be made, even if he hasn't actually come out and said anything openly or had a male love interest. He seems to lean kind of heavily towards women, but I do think he is at least open to the possibility with a man. (and of course, in the comics, Loki could be a woman, but it's one or the other in Sims)

All that to say, It has had me considering the possibility in the comics. I think it could work. Sort of. Loki has gone to Tony in his recent solo series, so he clearly has some level of interest in a relationship there, whether it is just friends or not, and though Tony wasn't exactly receptive initially, that was due to Loki's past as a villain. By the end, I think he was more cool with Loki, when he realized Loki was at least trying to be better, and saw how he interacted with that woman whose relationship Nightmare had erased, so was more open to him socially as well. I was also kind of impressed that Tony tried to be respectful of Loki's pronouns, even tho Loki is more of a 'whatever fits in the moment' kind of person, and kind of defaults to 'he' more than 'they' unless actively in femme mode, it's cool that Tony tried, and asked, when no one else has. Especially if Loki ends up on the Avengers, where they would kinda be forced to interact. I don't think it would necessarily be a totally healthy or long term thing, I think they are both a bit too self absorbed, and I think both of them are prone to trying to mess with and push the buttons of people around them, which could lead to some problems. But I do think it could be interesting to read about, even if it's a bit rocky and not destined to last. And I think they have a lot of similarities not just in their personalities, but in their past experiences, that they could connect over. Both have a dark past (Loki's being considerably darker than Tony's, yes, but still) and made a conscious choice to try and be better, which they have succeeded at to varying degrees, with some setbacks for both. Both adopted and have daddy issues. Both currently in cloned/reconstructed bodies with memories from their past lives uploaded into the new bodies, possibly with some copy errors in the process, leading them to feel like they may not technically be the same person they were before. These are things they could talk about and the other would get it more than just about anyone else, because they've been through something similar. And if Marvel is interested in actually explicitly making Tony bi, not just hints, this would kinda kill two birds with one stone, and make both of them sort of 'officially bi'. I do get that you can be bi while only ever having been in a relationship with people of one gender, but in fiction, especially in big ongoing shared universes like this, I do think bi/pan characters kinda do need to actually demonstrate that they are interested in both men and women in some way, or that part of their character kind of gets forgotten along the way. Like how many people actually remembers anymore that Gambit is bi, because his relationships have all been with women? But Hercules, even though it was more mentioned than shown, people remember that he did have a thing with Northstar that one time, so they remember that he also has an interest in men. So I do think Loki needs a male love interest, even if it is just a short thing, and he goes back to dating women afterward. (but I would not be opposed to a longer term thing either)

I dunno, I'm not really into shipping as a general rule, personally, but just saying.... I am kinda into it. I won't complain if Marvel goes there. (though I suspect a lot of Tony's fans would be less ok with it. )
    Last edited by Raye; 02-13-2021 at 10:38 PM.

https://www.cbr.com/thor-and-loki-do...ble-1-preview/

This looks real fun. I love the smaller horns as part of the aesthetic.

On the ships: I know it's a real weird notion, but I'd like to see Loki have an interest in Walter Langkowski (Sasquatch). They both have weird, near-unique experiences with extreme forces taking over their bodies while also being part of them, they both have overshadowed histories by major Avengers who like to smash things, they've both dabbled in being evil and trying to make up for it, they've both died and come back (several times) and they've both temporarily taken over the bodies of women. I think they'd have a really interesting relationship, romantic or not. No canon confirmation that Walter is bi/pan, but I think it would make sense.

Tony would be fine, though, and would have interesting possibilities in how everyone else reacts that could be really fun.

On weird 'god' things: There's interesting stuff going on in the King in Black stuff that might be relevant as the line of 'god' gets really smudged. Knull is kind of a god, kind of a king, kind of a parasite, and the terminology surrounding him has actually been a plot point. With the recent revelation that the 'god of light' is also/actually a 'symbiote of light' and the ways in which Knull has been linked to the Asgardians, I think there's growing space to play with what being a 'god' means and what sort of stuff comes with it.

Very cute! Based on this, does not seem to be in regular continuity, but that's fine. Not a lot to go on here, but still. Cute.

Interesting about King in Black, hadn't read that one yet, tho did see some pages posted. It would not surprise me to see Cates kinda explore what exactly it is that makes a god, and what it is that places them on a special tier above everyone else, (especially the ones that didn't actually, like, create everything, which is most of them, stuff can only be created once) though. Especially in the context of the MU. I mean it can't just be immortality and being hard to kill, or that makes Wolverine a god. Cates is atheist, though not a strident one, more of a live and let live approach, and as far as i can tell no bad experiences with religion like Aaron seems to have, just... kinda defaulted to that because he saw no convincing arguments for religion or something. (similar to my stance) but that does not preclude thinking about and questioning this sort of thing. In fact, I think it's pretty common among atheists because we are often put on the defensive regarding out (lack of) beliefs, as religious folk try to 'save' us. So we have to understand and defend why we don't believe, so kinda ironically, not believing in gods often means you think about them a lot. And Cates has touched on this before, in Marvel, with Dr Strange, even. that story was referecned in both King and Black and Thor this week based on some pages i saw posted.

On that note, Though I have fallen behind on all the Symbiote crazyness, I did read Thor, and that was sadly the only appearance we saw in Thor today of Loki, a flashback to the Dr Strange arc. Blake was able to sense that Strange had previously absorbed Asgardian magic, and beat the hell out of him to take it from him, before going for the source of those stolen powers, Yggdrasil. So yes, the Strange arc did play in, beyond Dimension Blood, but not to do with Loki, at least not yet. Which, just like the last few issues, is disappointing. I just want an explanation as to why he's not appeared i the past few issues, what kind of shape he's in, something. That first issue made it feel like he would have a part to play and then he just vanished, with no other character even commenting on what happened to him. Like I am enjoying the arc, but this does nag at me.

But the Throg fight, at one point, Blake eats Throg, an then Throg busts out of him, and I do winder if this was a nod to Loki and Laufey. Like Throg escaped through his mouth, not his stomach, and Blake is still very much alive, but...

As for Langowski, like.... I dunno. It seems random to me, is all, and am just not feeling anything towards it. Mostly it's that it seems out of left field and there's nothing to build on in terms of interactions. I don't think they have had much if any contact at all, and the last time they would have possibly met, Loki would have been in full on villain mode. So there is just nothing to go on there to gauge chemistry. Also, he's in the collection of characters that kinda falls under Al Ewing's umbrella right now, and... that does not bode well for that scenario, as I am fairly certain Ewing is intentionally avoiding Loki at all costs, for whatever reason. He's passed on many opportunities to have Loki in books he's been writing and instead opted to substitute him with another character, or just omit him even when his presence would make sense. When you have Wiccan and Hulkling get married, and Thor is the one who brings all the guests to the party via the Bifrost and Loki is NOT there, then that feels like an intentional exclusion, because it feels like his absence in that scenario requires more explanation than his presence would have. So as long as Ewing has control over him.... I just don't see a path towards it, the way I do with Tony, (or some others) is all. I mean sure random meetups happen all the time, and work out, but right now, with no past interactions, I am not feeling it. With Tony, Loki has already reached out to him in the recent past, and there are many conceivable situations where they might interact. Via the Avengers, maybe something building off of Thor doxxing Tony, or just building off of what happened in Loki's solo. Though right now Tony is involved with Hellcat, to be fair, so that's a problem for this. But as i was doing my deep dive into Thor's sales in the post at the top of this page, I did notice that Iron Man is.... not doing as well. It had an incredibly bad launch, and was already at like 30k at issue 2, which, for a character of his tier, is bad. Now, the first few issues are always ordered kinda blind, no one has read any of the issues, there was no way at the time those orders were placed to say how good it would be or how well fans would like it. But I also saw no re-order activity or second printings that would indicate it was doing better than the retailers anticipated. so.... something misfired there. My guess is the current run will not last all that long, before another relaunch and new direction that they hope will be better received, and the relationship may end along with it.

so, solicits are out: https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-co...solicitations/

There is no Thor book that month, and also no Cap, Iron Man etc. so it appears all the Avengers members solos have been halted for Heroes Reborn. Which I think i stupid, because none of the solo books have been leading into Heroes Reborn at all, so anyone not reading Avengers just gets their book halted for no good reason, but it is especially stupid in Thor's case because even if literally every single (North American, floppy buying) reader of Avengers was also buying Thor,which is almost certainly not the case, that still means fully half of Thor's readership is not reading Avengers, because Thor is selling more than TWICE AS MUCH as Avengers. Thor should be taking priority here, when it comes to whether it gets put on hold or has things altered due to events in Avengers. And Spider-Man is still there, even tho tho Peter Parker apparently has a big part to play, even if he is not an Avengers member right now, which makes it inconsistently applied, and like, we all know everything will get put back to normal, more or less, in 2 months so... why? But no Thor means no Loki.

But, we did get a brief mention of him in the Valkyries solicit, just saying that he claims (leaving the possibility open that he is lying, of course) that the wolf could be a threat to all life on Earth. Kraven also makes an entrance which pretty much solidifies that this is the cancelled arc of Valkyrie repackaged.

And, of course, Double Trouble continues to look cute:

THOR & LOKI: DOUBLE TROUBLE #3 (of 4)
    MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)
    Thor and Loki are transported to an alternate universe where they run into the Goddess of Thunder: JANE FOSTER! Can she help these misbehaving brothers find their way home?
    Last edited by Raye; 02-18-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Gonna try one more time to revive the thread, (where did everyone go? ) cus i was on Gurihiru's twitter (which is in Japanese, so i dunno what they are saying but the art is nice!) and found these adorable character designs:

https://twitter.com/Gurihiru/status/1339051279226523648

https://twitter.com/Gurihiru/status/1344597404742373376

CUUUUUUTE. I love the expressions.

and also, i ended up going through their twitter quite a ways back, and this isn't by Gurihiru, but they retweeted it, the cover for the Japanese version of the Ms Marvel trade where Loki crashed the valentines dance:

https://twitter.com/vb_amecomi/statu...32975469531137
    Last edited by Raye; 03-08-2021 at 04:25 PM.

And on the subject of Double Trouble, considering it is out Wednesday, discovered it has some cool variant covers i hadn't seen yet (ok, mostly the first one is cool):

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...uble-trouble-1

It also dawned on me as i was getting those, that this book has an all female creative team, even 3 out of 4 variant covers are drawn by women, so that's kinda interesting and cool.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Gonna try one more time to revive the thread, (where did everyone go? ) cus i was on Gurihiru's twitter (which is in Japanese, so i dunno what they are saying but the art is nice!) and found these adorable character designs:

https://twitter.com/Gurihiru/status/1339051279226523648

https://twitter.com/Gurihiru/status/1344597404742373376

CUUUUUUTE. I love the expressions.

and also, i ended up going through their twitter quite a ways back, and this isn't by Gurihiru, but they retweeted it, the cover for the Japanese version of the Ms Marvel trade where Loki crashed the valentines dance:

https://twitter.com/vb_amecomi/statu...32975469531137
    Those sketches are great! Very expressive and energetic. I hope the series is able to showcase this throughout the issues. I'm looking forward to some fun adventures with Loki and Thor. Also, hoping it elevates Loki a bit so he's not just the standard antagonist or side piece to glorify Thor. but it does look fun!

And that cover from Ms. Marvel is fantastic! I wish they had published that one here as well.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    And on the subject of Double Trouble, considering it is out Wednesday, discovered it has some cool variant covers i hadn't seen yet (ok, mostly the first one is cool):

It also dawned on me as i was getting those, that this book has an all female creative team, even 3 out of 4 variant covers are drawn by women, so that's kinda interesting and cool.
    Love this variant cover! Looks very cinematic as well as one I could have seen as a cover to Loki's most recent series.

I hadn't realized this series is from an all-female creative team. That's fantastic! I'm really looking forward to reading this series.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

That last variant is interesting to me because it's by Erica Henderson, the original Unbeatable Squirrel Girl artist. Obviously we've already seen plenty of her Lokis (and some Thors) from there, but its cool seeing them different enough on this cover that she's clearly interpreting the Guruhiru designs.