Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Theresa Cassidy: Siryn Appreciation 2021

I don't see a 2021 appreciation thread for Siryn yet. If there is one, than this one can be deleted.

Same rules as the Archangel Appreciation thread. I hope that everyone has a poor new year . Unless you plan to post pictures in this thread. Then you will be appreciated in this appreciation thread.

Terry looks as if she will finally get an extended story about her in 2021. It's been a while since Terry has gotten a good extended story.

Terr's first story for 2021 seems to be about her time as the Morrigan, and perhaps why she no longer is the Morrigan. I have to be honest, I did not like Siryn becoming Morrigan. But at least we will get some sort of explanation as to what happened with Morrigan, I guess.

Going forward, I would like to see some more stories reuniting Terry with Banshee, Black Tom, and her old teammates from X-Factor Investigations

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm glad 2021 has Terry stepping back into the spotlight! Hoping this will lead to good things for Siryn.

It's nice someone is addressing Terry's tenure/connection to the Morrigan. Though I am a bit nervous as to how this is all going to play out, and what might happen.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-02-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

I think that Terry is FAR better friend with her old X-Force teammates than her old X-Factor teammates, remember how M was supposedly her "best" friend under PAD's pen, and then all of that ended the second that the book was over...I'd be more interested to see her reunion with Warpath...always had a soft spot for those two...Warpath/Siryn...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-02-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that Terry is FAR better friend with her old X-Force teammates than her old X-Factor teammates, remember how M was supposedly her "best" friend under PAD's pen, and then all of that ended the second that the book was over...I'd be more interested to see her reunion with Warpath...always had a soft spot for those two...Warpath/Siryn...
    Well, Siryn didn't exactly reunite with all of her X-Force friends as soon as she was able to do that after being possessed by malice. She just hung out with the X-Factor characters instead, because that was the comic that she was in.

After X-Factor ended, Siryn wasn't with M or any other X-Factor teammates because she had become Morrigan. It's not like she ignored them.
    She's basically shown with which group of characters depending on which writer is using her. Not because she likes one team over the other.
    If you like her better with X-Force that's fine. We all have a right to our opinions.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-03-2021 at 04:49 AM.

This was discussed the last time I believe, and I hesitate to respond, but this idea that Terry and M aren't friends because they haven't interacted in years makes no sense. Those two formed a close bond in X-Factor. It isn't going away. I'd personally love to see them on a team together again. I don't know what the premise of X-Corps will be about, but it would be great to see Siryn get a permanent home after her arc on X-Factor.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-03-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well M basically said that they were best friends, and my point is that she's not closer with X-Factor because it's the truth but because the particular writer wants her to be...

And unless we see how she lost the Morrigan then it basically got done away with off panel so she then could have gone back to her old X-Factor teammates as well but didn't so it's all up in the air then...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-03-2021 at 05:36 PM.

She hasn't interacted with anyone from X-Force in years either.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-03-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well M basically said that they were best friends, and my point is that she's not closer with X-Factor because it's the truth but because the particular writer wants her to be...

And unless we see how she lost the Morrigan then it basically got done away with off panel so she then could have gone back to her old X-Factor teammates as well but didn't so it's all up in the air then...
    I wasn't quite sure how to respond to this one. Every character acts and develops the way that the character's writer wants it to. David wanted to develop a friendship between Monet and Terry, so that is what he wrote.
    I still say that Monet is Terry's best friend. Who do you think that it is LoganAlpha30X33?

Thankfully, since Terry is coming back, we will have more topics to talk about Terry than just who she's pals with this year.

Ultimate Member

Unless she's only used to drive the storyline for other characters in the books and then tossed aside...

She’s back to her X-Force uniform, and it felt right and cool to see her and Rictor together in beginning of XOS. Her X-Force pals are kinda spread around in different areas, but so are X-Factor teammates, most of which aren’t heavily featured. We’ll see how the relationship between her and Polaris and what old teammates they might bring in to help on her case? I feel like Madrox would make most sense, but that predates both teams and goes back to Muir Isle.

LoganAlpha I agree with you regarding a reunion of Terry "Siryn" and James "Warpath" should happen soon! In the beginning James stayed with X-Force because of his unrequited love for Siryn and were best friends with each other. He would make her a few compliments every now and then, and was rather protective of her. Terry began feeling jealous of Jimmy's connection with Risque that Siryn finally began to develop romantic feelings of her own for James. Terry didn't want to ruin her friendship with James by returning her romantic feelings towards him. When she left X-Force after losing her voice clawed throat injury (rendered powerless) by Feral, she left Jimmy a note thanking him for his friendship and letting him know that his influence was the only thing which kept her from going back to the bottle. I hope Siryn appears in the New Mutants comic to see James or maybe James might appear in the X-Factor issues regarding Siryn dying Again And again And again because of the death goddess, Morrigan.

I’d like to see her sonic hypnotic hallucinatory powers shown again from her first appearance.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    She’s back to her X-Force uniform, and it felt right and cool to see her and Rictor together in beginning of XOS. Her X-Force pals are kinda spread around in different areas, but so are X-Factor teammates, most of which aren’t heavily featured. We’ll see how the relationship between her and Polaris and what old teammates they might bring in to help on her case? I feel like Madrox would make most sense, but that predates both teams and goes back to Muir Isle.
    Remember that on Muir Isle it wasn't Jamie that Terry had a relationship with, it was a dupe, a relationship that the real Jamie knew all about but did nothing about and later admitted that he never had any romantic feelings for her that entire time, it was all the dupe so Jamie might not be someone that she would want to catch up with anytime soon...

During the silent issue when Deadpool has his "funeral" it was Warpath that went to the funeral with Terry, all imho they'd need is a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d like to see her sonic hypnotic hallucinatory powers shown again from her first appearance.
    I thought that I remembered Siryn using her voice in X-Factor, so I flipped through some early issues of the X-Factor investigations series.
    She seems to use her voice to charm a worker that X-Factor is investigating to get some information on the character's boss. I didn't see any references to her using her voice to cause hallucinations, but I didn't look very far through a whole lot of issues. So she may or may not have used her voice to cause hallucinations. I don't know.

That one time that I mentioned may have also been the only time she used her voice to charm someone. I'm not sure.

I'm really excited to see where things go in X-Factor.

spoilers:
    Its obvious the Morrigan is still at play. The ending scene with all those crows and glowing eyes confirms that. Is she inside Terry? Is she controlling her from afar? Really looking forward to seeing where this all goes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I thought that I remembered Siryn using her voice in X-Factor, so I flipped through some early issues of the X-Factor investigations series.
    She seems to use her voice to charm a worker that X-Factor is investigating to get some information on the character's boss. I didn't see any references to her using her voice to cause hallucinations, but I didn't look very far through a whole lot of issues. So she may or may not have used her voice to cause hallucinations. I don't know.

That one time that I mentioned may have also been the only time she used her voice to charm someone. I'm not sure.
    I believe they might be referring to Terry's appearance in Spider-Woman. Where she created sonic illusions I think.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-06-2021 at 10:36 AM.