Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Maybe the Morrigan is having a tug of war with Terry trying to control her
    If that was the case, why wouldnt Siryn let anyone know so they can help her? I think it makes more sense that she is unaware that Morrigan is an issue

Ultimate Member

Well right now a lot of friendships have seemingly been ignored until they're needed, but you would think that Terry would notice the missing time and such so she'd be aware that something is going on, so probably she's either not aware at all somehow or the Morrigan has completely taken her over...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well the X-Men are not supposed to have multiple copy's of characters of anyone. That's why Maddie Pryor wasn't resurrected. She was deemed to be a clone of Jean. I would say that she was her own character with her own personality, but I know that others disagree. It's also why Gabby Kinney brings up Maddie in New Mutants. She's afraid that she won't be resurrected since she is a clone.

I don't know why the Morrigan would keep faking her own death. Surely she has to know that X-Factor would catch on to her eventually. This is one where we have to keep reading to find out what is really going on. Those are the best kind of comics.
    The Morrigan is a death goddess and how do you take Death in your without dying? After Theresa became the amortiguan she became a supernatural being that could be summoned by praying, as Jamie did after he got turned into a demon. But she’s not just free to hangout or whatever.

So I think all of the Terry’s we’ve seen were created by the Five, and the Morrigsn is simply not letting them shrubs because of the deal Terry made to save the world.

I think the Morrigan/Terry took control of the latest Terry and made her hypnotize Polaris.

Ultimate Member

But the problem is still that why would they have brought her back unless they thought that she was dead in the first place, so the Morrigan would have known that they thought Terry was dead...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Morrigan is a death goddess and how do you take Death in your without dying? After Theresa became the amortiguan she became a supernatural being that could be summoned by praying, as Jamie did after he got turned into a demon. But she’s not just free to hangout or whatever.

So I think all of the Terry’s we’ve seen were created by the Five, and the Morrigsn is simply not letting them shrubs because of the deal Terry made to save the world.

I think the Morrigan/Terry took control of the latest Terry and made her hypnotize Polaris.
    A woman becomes the Morrigan death goddess by killing the Morrigan whose place that she is taking. The new Morrigan doesn't end up dying herself.

I agree that Terry is under some form of control or possession. Maybe the Morrigan that she killed as returned to force Terry back into becoming the Morrigan again.
    Or I guess that it could be some sort of split personality story, with the Morrigan part trying to get the Terry part back.
    Just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But the problem is still that why would they have brought her back unless they thought that she was dead in the first place, so the Morrigan would have known that they thought Terry was dead...
    Yeah, this is how I feel. I dont know why the X-Men thought that Terry was dead in the first place, unless there is an off panel explanation coming.
    It could be as simple as Terry telling the X-Men that she is no longer the Morrigan. That she lost the powers somehow.

Ultimate Member

So maybe one of the other X-ladies or another mutant could become the Morrigan and then it could leave the X-men alone and Terry could be brought back completely herself...then again would the protocols allow for the Morrigan to carry over to the new body and such...

I don't know why one of the other X-ladies would become the Morrigan just to save Terry from being it. I also don't know why the Morrigan would suddenly leave that new X-lady alone, when she sclearly won't leave Terry alone. Assuming that the Morrigan is controlling Terry.

We know that the Morrigan can overcome the resurrection protocols. She has already come back when Terry died.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that it'll be another X-lady but somebody else, perhaps an enemy that would then conveniently leave, I just want it gone from Terry...

Incredible Member

Theresa's father is a detective, a trained Interpol agent, a long time X-Man and a pretty important mutant. It's ridiculous, I mean absolutely ridiculous, that he has no involvement in this story at all so far, particularly when he's probably Marvel's foremost expert on Irish mythology. I realise he's been completely reduced to being wallpaper or cannon fodder, but to not involve him at all in the multiple deaths of his only child is pretty poor.

Ultimate Member

I think that it's far more that Marvel doesn't really care much about Terry or X-Factor, otherwise yeah they'd have other characters involved and such...sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Theresa's father is a detective, a trained Interpol agent, a long time X-Man and a pretty important mutant. It's ridiculous, I mean absolutely ridiculous, that he has no involvement in this story at all so far, particularly when he's probably Marvel's foremost expert on Irish mythology. I realise he's been completely reduced to being wallpaper or cannon fodder, but to not involve him at all in the multiple deaths of his only child is pretty poor.
    Yeah, Banshee being involved in the investigation of his daughter makes complete sense.
    It could be that Banshee wasn't included because the comic has already been skipped once or twice. Since the comic is running a little behind, perhaps the writer felt the need to focus the story on the comic's regular cast. Give them some more character work and panel time instead of using some panel time on a guest star. I get the feeling from reading this forum that sidelining X-Factor's regular cast and turning them into wallpaper in favor of a guest star probably wouldn't be appreciated by many of X-Factor's readers.

Or, I could be wrong, and Banshee will still end up making a small appearance.

I think that it's far more that Marvel doesn't really care much about Terry or X-Factor, otherwise yeah they'd have other characters involved and such...sadly...
    Logan, buddy, I doubt that Marvel doesn't care about X-Factor. It was launched during a time when Marvel clearly feels that the X-Men need to be prominent again. They wouldn't publish a comic if they didn't care if it sold well or not. They are counting on the X-Comics to sell well.

I also doubt that they don't care about Terry. I don't like her as the Morrigan, but Marvel must see some value in the story.

Ultimate Member

Or they're just using her to push the storyline for other characters and when this current arc is done she'll be cast back into limbo or a supporting role, for some of the X-books I'd guess that as long as they were selling well enough marvel would be happy...they could only be counting on the main X-books to sell well and as long as the others do reasonably well they could be fine with that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, Banshee being involved in the investigation of his daughter makes complete sense.
    It could be that Banshee wasn't included because the comic has already been skipped once or twice. Since the comic is running a little behind, perhaps the writer felt the need to focus the story on the comic's regular cast. Give them some more character work and panel time instead of using some panel time on a guest star. I get the feeling from reading this forum that sidelining X-Factor's regular cast and turning them into wallpaper in favor of a guest star probably wouldn't be appreciated by many of X-Factor's readers.

Or, I could be wrong, and Banshee will still end up making a small appearance.

Logan, buddy, I doubt that Marvel doesn't care about X-Factor. It was launched during a time when Marvel clearly feels that the X-Men need to be prominent again. They wouldn't publish a comic if they didn't care if it sold well or not. They are counting on the X-Comics to sell well.

I also doubt that they don't care about Terry. I don't like her as the Morrigan, but Marvel must see some value in the story.
    Hickman is all about further tying the mutants to magic, gods, other dimensions, aliens, etc. It be no surprise they see value in Terry as the Morrigan!

Ultimate Member

I think that we have to see how this all shakes out before we know whether they value Terry or the Morrigan at all or are just using her for one storyline and then sending her back into limbo or background duty...

Or they're just using her to push the storyline for other characters and when this current arc is done she'll be cast back into limbo or a supporting role, for some of the X-books I'd guess that as long as they were selling well enough marvel would be happy...they could only be counting on the main X-books to sell well and as long as the others do reasonably well they could be fine with that...
    That or X-Factor is setting Terry up for future stories. For me, that will hopefully be without the Morrigan.
    And I'm certain that Marvel cares about the sells of their comics Logan, especially in this Covid environment.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hickman is all about further tying the mutants to magic, gods, other dimensions, aliens, etc. It be no surprise they see value in Terry as the Morrigan!
    Usually I have to tell my friend Logan to stay positive when it comes to Terry. It looks like I am going to have to take the opposite route with you. Marvel may value Terry as the Morrigan, but you shouldn't be cheering for it to continue. I officially dub you to be a traitor to Siryn and her fans for your liking of Terry as the Morrigan .

I think that we have to see how this all shakes out before we know whether they value Terry or the Morrigan at all or are just using her for one storyline and then sending her back into limbo or background duty...
    Your right Logan, we will have to wait and see. This is the smartest thing that you have typed in this thread .
    But, I do have a feeling that Terry will be used for more than just this storyline. Just my opinion. I guess that I will just have to take your advice and wait and read the comics and find out.