Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

If it's so important then why wait for it until his run is like halfway or more over...and so far X-Factor does seem to be a satellite book...

Extraordinary Member

So I guess she doesn’t live in the Sextant?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't mean that she'd suddenly lead an entire team, but be like say Storm's second in command or something along those lines, so that she'd get some experience and learn before then getting to be one of the team leaders or lead her own team...
    Logan, buddy, I honestly don't know what to tell you at this point. There are only so many spots in the comics to go around. Not every character is going to end up in the role that you want them to. I don't think that there is a spot open for Storm to be Siryn's mentor figure.
    You almost come across as saying that if Siryn can't have the role that you want her to have, than she should remain unused, and stay in limbo.

If it's so important then why wait for it until his run is like halfway or more over...and so far X-Factor does seem to be a satellite book...
    Halfway or more? Is Hickman leaving the book X-line soon?

Marvel is hyping up the first official X-men team of this era in the summer, 2 years after Hickman has started writing. Will you consider the book that debuts them to not be important bc its happening so late in Hickman's run?

Ultimate Member

Just saying that if it's so important then shouldn't it have begun earlier, as for Storm Thievery, I only used her as an example, not saying that Storm should be the one to mentor her. As for the team I'm only saying that I'm not sure if I'd want her on a team where she's not written well or written as just another member of the team...

Just saying that if it's so important then shouldn't it have begun earlier, as for Storm Thievery, I only used her as an example, not saying that Storm should be the one to mentor her. As for the team I'm only saying that I'm not sure if I'd want her on a team where she's not written well or written as just another member of the team...
    Will the upcoming X-men team not be important bc they werent a thing much earlier?

Ultimate Member

We'll see...my comments were that I didn't want her to be just another member of the team whichever team she ended up on, I didn't want her to hold up the background...

Anyone want to guess what new deal Siryn made with the Morrigan.

I'm going to guess that Terry made a deal that would allow her to no longer be the host for the Morrigan in return for the Morrigan to have access to Krakoa, due to Terry being a mutant.
    The Morrigan may have gone back on her word, and still kept Terry as her host.
    That's just going to be my guess. Obviously I could be way off.

So Terry dooomed the entire island? That would be incredibly selfish and messed up of her to risk everyone

Incredible Member

...especially as Theresa only became the Morrigan for altruistic reasons (to save Lorna).

Ultimate Member

Well we all know that Krakoa will not always be the mutant haven that it is now, perhaps this is the first step in the beginning of the end and all of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Terry dooomed the entire island? That would be incredibly selfish and messed up of her to risk everyone
    Yes, it would be incredibly selfish of her to risk everyone on the island that way.
    It might be interesting to read though. A story about Terry redeeming herself to get back on the island.

I think that it is extremely unlikely that is what happened though. Terry is a lot more responsible than that.
    I just threw the idea out there to see if any one had an idea for what kind of deal that Siryn may have made with the Morrigan.
    Judging from the facial expressions of the X-Factor members when Northstar asks the question, it seems like all of the X-Factor members suspect that it was something bad. And, given that Morrigan killed all of them, they have a reason to be angry.
    Likely it will be that Terry made a deal that has backfired on her, because she didn't consider all of the possible out comes and problems that come with making a pact with an evil being.
    She probably got fooled.

Hard to understand why Polaris is so unrelentingly mad at Terry from the very beginning. If I recall correctly, Terry first became the Morrigan to save Lona's sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    ...especially as Theresa only became the Morrigan for altruistic reasons (to save Lorna).
    Yeah, that is why I'm surprised that Lorna is taking such a hard stance against Terry. Terry became the Morrigan to save Lorna, and then save Jamie Madrox. I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I have read PAD's X-Factor.

Ultimate Member

Well in the end Terry used said powers to restore Jamie to his human form, then again recently Jamie seems to have forgotten all of that along with his wife, it would make sense that Terry got fooled or didn't think it entirely through, though I'd rather Terry not get ALL of the blame for this later on, as that would be the easy way out for the writers so as to not lay that blame on any of the current members of X-Factor...

Well in the end Terry used said powers to restore Jamie to his human form, then again recently Jamie seems to have forgotten all of that along with his wife, it would make sense that Terry got fooled or didn't think it entirely through, though I'd rather Terry not get ALL of the blame for this later on, as that would be the easy way out for the writers so as to not lay that blame on any of the current members of X-Factor...
    Yeah, Terry using the Morrigan powers and becoming the Morrigan to help her teammates out in the first place is why I responded to bearman's post.

The story takes place in the X-Factor comic. Usually the team members of a comic end up being the good guys in their own tittle that's how comics work.

Even if Terry does get all or most of the blame, it could still be interesting to see how she handles the after math of the story. It would be interesting to see how the other mutants view her also.
    And besides, we still don't know what kind of deal that Terry made with the Morrigan in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Well until this book the other writers didn't seem to care anything about her and she could only be showing up in X-Factor to be the scapegoat and then be shunted away back into limbo...hope not but, I could see her taking it badly and drinking again...again sadly, not that I want her to though...