Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I just remember Terry wanting to lead and don't think that being a backup singer for the most part is a good use of her time...she should be on an impactful team...

That's not the name of a band, Logan .

Ultimate Member

I know, I just don't want Terry to be relegated to some side or satellite book and be just another character on the team...whichever team that would, personally I'm past caring about Hickman's whole thing and would love to see it over and what comes next...

Siryn's a side character. I dont see her being added to the upcoming X-men team so the only place she would show up on a regular basis would be one of the satelite books. Chances are she will stay in X-Factor as Leah Williams seems to be the only current writer interested in using her

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd rather that Terry not get shunted off into limbo afterwards and do something more worthwhile than being a backup singer...
    She's already been in limbo for a decade, I'll take the panel time where I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Can Siryn actually sing though or is she only there to amp up Dazzler's visuals? Also, she is literally the loudest woman in the X-world. Why would she need a mic?
    She was shown she could sing in Wolverine First Class. Not sure how in canon that is but I'm willing to accept it.

I also thought after she had her vocal chords damaged by Feral she reminisced about being able to sing/talked about how she's going to miss singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She can be both
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    If Dazzler, Lila Cheney, and Siryn were to form a band, what do think that they would call themselves?
    I know it's the name of that story with the Children of the Vault but I'd say * The Supernovas!*Diva Novas, etc. something along that line.

Because Dazzler's light, Siryn's noise, and it ties to Lila being in space.

I just remember Terry wanting to lead and don't think that being a backup singer for the most part is a good use of her time...she should be on an impactful team...
    All teams are impactful if they have enough readers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Siryn's a side character. I dont see her being added to the upcoming X-men team so the only place she would show up on a regular basis would be one of the satelite books. Chances are she will stay in X-Factor as Leah Williams seems to be the only current writer interested in using her
    I'd rather she shine in a satellite book anyways. 1) Better character development, 2) side characters tend to be fodder among the main characters in the bigger books. I'm always hesitant when a lesser known character I like appears in a big book simply because this has happened in the past. I am still bitter about Deadly Genesis' treatment of her dad.

Ultimate Member

Many characters were side characters once until they were given a chance to shine, as for Williams wanting her, as of now that want could be nothing more than for this particular storyline, and she did give voice to wanting to lead back in her days in X-Force...

I know, I just don't want Terry to be relegated to some side or satellite book and be just another character on the team...whichever team that would, personally I'm past caring about Hickman's whole thing and would love to see it over and what comes next...
    Many characters were side characters once until they were given a chance to shine, as for Williams wanting her, as of now that want could be nothing more than for this particular storyline, and she did give voice to wanting to lead back in her days in X-Force...
    You say that you don't want Siryn to appear in a satellite comic. Yet your favorite Siryn stories all seem to come from the 90's X-Force comic. That was most definately a satellite comic, albeit one that sold well. I don't see how you can suggest that being in a satellite comic would be bad for her if your favorite stories come from a satellite comic.

Ultimate Member

I don't view the 90's X-Force as a satellite book, back then there were 4 main books, X-men, Uncanny, X-Force, X-Factor imho...

Well, great. X-factor wouldn't be a satellite comic then. I know that it dosn't sell as well as it used to, but it still does fill an important role in the X-line of comics. I think that X-Factor is where she will most likely end up staying.
    Though, I would prefer to see her end up in Excalibur instead.

Ultimate Member

X-Factor right now is a satellite book as none of the characters in it are of any importance to the main storyline of Hickman's run, and the state of the X-verse now cannot be equalized with how it was back in the 90's...

X-Factor right now is a satellite book as none of the characters in it are of any importance to the main storyline of Hickman's run, and the state of the X-verse now cannot be equalized with how it was back in the 90's...
    It does still answer the important question of how the X-Men handle the resurrection protocols, and how they determine if some one is actually dead and in need of being resurrected.

I realize that the state of the X-Verse isn't what it used to be back in the 90's. That's what happens when you choose to deemphasize a group of comics for over a decade.

Ultimate Member

I never said that X-Factor didn't answer a question, I only said that it was a satellite book unlike back in the 90's...

Logan, I don't see how Siryn ends up in anything but a side book at this point. She likely won't end up on the main X-Men team.

You refer to her wanting to become a leader during her X-Force days. That would almost certainly have to happen in a satellite comic.
    I would also like to see her take on a more leadership role, but that will have to occur in a satellite comic. She isn't going to suddenly start leading the X-Men, Excalibur, or X-Force.

Ultimate Member

I don't mean that she'd suddenly lead an entire team, but be like say Storm's second in command or something along those lines, so that she'd get some experience and learn before then getting to be one of the team leaders or lead her own team...

The Five are all important figures to Hickman's main story. They are core and Krakoa doesnt exist without them. Hickman's run falls apart without them. X-Factor is about fleshing their roles out