Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

She's been single since X-Factor if not longer, it could do wonders for her. Terry could be with a man that actually is in love with her for her and knows her better than anyone, a man that doesn't push her to be anything but her best self, a man that she can love back and trust to always be there for her, yeah that'd be just terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    She's been single since X-Factor if not longer, it could do wonders for her. Terry could be with a man that actually is in love with her for her and knows her better than anyone, a man that doesn't push her to be anything but her best self, a man that she can love back and trust to always be there for her, yeah that'd be just terrible...
    What wonders would it do for her? Why does she need a man/relationship to be her best self?

A relationship doesn't define one's happiness or character. To say that, especially about a female character, is regressive considering she has so much potential with her powers/abilities, and as a character overall; something we haven't seen since PAD wrote her and shook things up with the drastic change that was Morrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    What wonders would it do for her? Why does she need a man/relationship to be her best self?

A relationship doesn't define one's happiness or character. To say that, especially about a female character, is regressive considering she has so much potential with her powers/abilities, and as a character overall; something we haven't seen since PAD wrote her and shook things up with the drastic change that was Morrigan.
    Don't worry about it. I don't think that LoganAlpha30X33 is a sexist by fighting for all of his old ships. LoganAlpha30X33 is something of a romantic. He has a special fondness for all of the old 90's romances, such as Siryn/Warpath. You'll notice it in every thread. I like the newer things, but my pal Logan has a hard time letting go. You kind of just get used to it.
    And, I agree that every character doesn't have to be in a relationship to be a great character.

In a way it's actually kind of admirable, the way that Logan defends his favorite old ships at all costs. This forum just wouldn't be the same without him fighting it out with all-comers who dare to get in the way of his favorite old 90's couples.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-07-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

She doesn't need a man to be her best self, only said that if she were going to be in a relationship it'd be best for her to be with a man that would want her to be great, her best self, and no that does not mean a housewife or anything like that, I've love said that I don't believe that Warpath would have a problem following her orders if they were on the same team. PAD wrote her as a second tier character that bowed out to a C rank character the second that he got back and fell for him at the drop of a hat. IMho she didn't live up to her potential on PAD's X-Factor, she was used to make Jamie look good, just like M was.

My relationship preferences might be older than some though ever since said pairings that I like most of what I've seen are pairings of the week that last about as long, all supposedly so awesome and so much better than anything that came before... until the next one...and the next one...

I would like to see her go back to her original costume for a stint.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Terry's X-Factor costume is my favorite, and honestly, its one of my favorite costumes in general. Such a great contemporary redesign for Siryn, and I hope we get to see more of it. I believe she briefly wore it in Hellions during its first issue.

Ultimate Member

I like the more up to date old X-Force look for her best, anything loose like a jacket just doesn't look like it'd work when she was flying unless she always had it all zipped up...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I never did read X-Factor Investigations. So I have no clue who or what Morrigan is and how it is connected to Siryn. Is she been taken over by someone called Morrigan?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

She's the Irish goddess of death or something, mostly in that series she used her powers to turn Jamie back to his normal self, ever since it's probably helped keep her in limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    She doesn't need a man to be her best self, only said that if she were going to be in a relationship it'd be best for her to be with a man that would want her to be great, her best self, and no that does not mean a housewife or anything like that, I've love said that I don't believe that Warpath would have a problem following her orders if they were on the same team. PAD wrote her as a second tier character that bowed out to a C rank character the second that he got back and fell for him at the drop of a hat. IMho she didn't live up to her potential on PAD's X-Factor, she was used to make Jamie look good, just like M was.

My relationship preferences might be older than some though ever since said pairings that I like most of what I've seen are pairings of the week that last about as long, all supposedly so awesome and so much better than anything that came before... until the next one...and the next one...
    If you are referring to my post, I was not trying to be massively critical of you. I was merely trying to point out that you prefer stories and relationships from the 90's. Some of those old relationships still work, and many do not.
    Sorry if I insulted you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Terry's X-Factor costume is my favorite, and honestly, its one of my favorite costumes in general. Such a great contemporary redesign for Siryn, and I hope we get to see more of it. I believe she briefly wore it in Hellions during its first issue.
    Yes, this is definitely my favorite costume for Siryn as well. Looks like a more modern take on Terry's old costumes. For now at least. Eventually it will go out of style as well. That will make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I never did read X-Factor Investigations. So I have no clue who or what Morrigan is and how it is connected to Siryn. Is she been taken over by someone called Morrigan?
    The Morrigan is an Irish death goddess as LoganAlpha30X33 said. She's based on an actual Irish/Celtic death god from real Celtic mythology. The Marvel version is from Otherworld, wich makes it a little surprising that she did not appear in Excalibur. But, I guess that her great friendship with Polaris made her a good candidate for X-Factor as well.

The Morrigan has had many hosts over the centuries. I believe that it is a little ambiguous as to how much control the original Morrigan spirit has over every host.

I do believe that Terry told Jamie Madrox that if he ever needed her help, all that she had to do was pray to her. wether that was a sign that Terr was in control of Morrigan or not I do not know. Also , it's been a while since I have read X-Factoe investigations, especially the Morrigan story, so I could be wrong about some of this.

Ultimate Member

Don't worry you didn't insult me and I wasn't referring to your post, new and different stories for Terry would be being in a long term pairing with a real guy that actually loved her as much as she loved him, which up until now she's never had...and to me Warpath fits that role the best is all, as I doubt that he'd have a problem if she were leading or one of the leaders of a team that he was on as well...

Terry and Monet are without a doubt each others best friends and the most meaningful relationship both character had. X-factor went on for almost a decade and the fact that it took place during both Monet's and Terry transition from teenagers to adulthood also cements their relationship importance. I could write an essay how about how their friendship helped both of them mature, heal and trust others. I'm not saying that the friendship and aren't important or significant, just that without a doubt they're each others best friend.

Terry used her charm powers to make that fbi agent believe they were in a relationship, it was the longest she used her powers on one person but she also used her powers throughout the book to it would be brief and only to make someone forthcoming and give them the information they need.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Terry and Monet are without a doubt each others best friends and the most meaningful relationship both character had. X-factor went on for almost a decade and the fact that it took place during both Monet's and Terry transition from teenagers to adulthood also cements their relationship importance. I could write an essay how about how their friendship helped both of them mature, heal and trust others. I'm not saying that the friendship and aren't important or significant, just that without a doubt they're each others best friend.
    I dont think Siryn was a teen during X-Factor. She was like 19 when she joined X-Force and should have been early to mid 20s by the time X-Factor happened

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Siryn was a teen during X-Factor. She was like 19 when she joined X-Force and should have been early to mid 20s by the time X-Factor happened
    I'll have to re-read the early issues of 90's X-Force to be sure, but I believe that it was stated that Terry was older than the rest of Cable's students.
    Trying to figure out characters' ages is mostly a worthless task though, seeing as most characters end up being de-aged to make them stay young. I can't say that I disagree with that policy.