Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah when X-Force was still going on I think that much of the team was in their early to mid 20's, except for Tabitha who was younger, and as for M I think that she was probably 18 or more by the end of Gen X so no they did not go from teens to adults together, Terry is like four years older than M or something like that, and I'd question whether they were each others best friend as well, not sure who is though...

And while the X-Factor book may have lasted ten years if that, it only lasted like a year or two in the comics...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-08-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah when X-Force was still going on I think that much of the team was in their early to mid 20's, except for Tabitha who was younger, and as for M I think that she was probably 18 or more by the end of Gen X so no they did not go from teens to adults together, Terry is like four years older than M or something like that, and I'd question whether they were each others best friend as well, not sure who is though...
    Terry is probably four years older than Monet at most. That's not a large enough age gap from stopping them from being best friends.

And Logan, buddy, we have gone over this before. X-Factor established that Terry and Monet are best friends. just because Siryn and M are best friends that doesnt mean that Terry still can't be friends with people like Warpath. People are allowed to have more than one good friend. In real life and in fiction.

Ultimate Member

Terry was in her 20's before M even existed, didn't say that it was to big of a gap only that they're not really close in age...in X-Factor we were force fed their friendship and like you said people can also stop being friends with people as well, so if it can happen with her old X-Force teammates then it can happen with M as well...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Siryn was a teen during X-Factor. She was like 19 when she joined X-Force and should have been early to mid 20s by the time X-Factor happened
    She was. She and Madrox should around the same age as Karma.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-09-2021 at 05:03 AM.

This comes from X-Factor 244. It's the page before Terry tells Madrox to pray to her if he needs her presence as Morrigan.
    Basically Siryn still loves Madrox.

EDIT: Damn, I messed up the URL. But this was supposed to be a picture of the Morrigan talking to Jamie Madrox.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-09-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

I caution you to remember the source though, PAD, the guy that LOVES Jamie and overdid it with him, and remember that the "Jamie" that she was in love with wasn't real, he was only a dupe which is different than the real Jamie, so future writers could easily just ignore all of that completely, after all when was the last time that we even saw Layla, Jamie's wife...so I wouldn't say what she said is locked in stone and gospel...

I caution you to remember the source though, PAD, the guy that LOVES Jamie and overdid it with him, and remember that the "Jamie" that she was in love with wasn't real, he was only a dupe which is different than the real Jamie, so future writers could easily just ignore all of that completely, after all when was the last time that we even saw Layla, Jamie's wife...so I wouldn't say what she said is locked in stone and gospel...
    What she said may not be gospel for future writers, but it was stated in the comic. I just wanted to point it out.
    I get what you mean about Terry falling in love with a dupe and not the real Madrox. It does seem bizarre. Sort of like Scott/Madelyn. But Terry does have an attraction to Jamie. She went back to him multiple times. And, the point of the scene was that even though Terry still loved Jamie, she was moving on.

I don't care if David was the one who wrote the scene. The writer dictates the story and how a character acts, no matter who is writing the story. Do I always like the way that a certain writer writes one of my favorite characters? No, of course not. I definitely didn't like the way that Austen wrote many of my favorite characters. But guess what? Those stories still happened and the changes that were made to those characters still happened.

And even with the romance between Terry and Madrox happened, Siryn can still be palls with Warpath, Logan.

Ultimate Member

But realistically my point is that there never really was a romance between the two, anything between Jamie and Terry was either a dupe or an accident from Jamie's point of view. It's not the same as Scott and Maddie because Scott knew that Maddie wasn't Jean, Terry thought that the dupe was Jamie and Jamie would have continued to let her believe that until he had to admit the truth all those years ago and she only went back because PAD wanted to make Jamie look good...

But realistically my point is that there never really was a romance between the two, anything between Jamie and Terry was either a dupe or an accident from Jamie's point of view. It's not the same as Scott and Maddie because Scott knew that Maddie wasn't Jean, Terry thought that the dupe was Jamie and Jamie would have continued to let her believe that until he had to admit the truth all those years ago and she only went back because PAD wanted to make Jamie look good...
    Okay, this will be my last response on this topic for a while. I feel as though I am just spinning my wheels here. I'm sure that every one would like to discus other stories about Terry instead of going over this one every time that we post. I know that I do.
    Jamie may not have cared for Siryn, but Siryn definitely cared about Jamie. An unrequited romance, but a romance all the same. It was part of Terry's story in the comic.

Ultimate Member

I just meant that to me PAD overdid her feelings for Jamie in an attempt to boost Jamie's image since he is PAD's favorite character or one of his favorites and that it shouldn't be taken as the gospel truth that can never change...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm hoping that Terry ends up in Way of X. It's a longshot, and I don's suspect it'll happen, but Theresa is religious and it could be cool to see her there. We've yet to see the full roster, and I think Siryn could work well there. Plus, she was/is a Goddess .

Ultimate Member

I guess that it would depend on whether or not she would go along with a mutant religion as opposed to the one that she already has...and seems quite attached to...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Something I forgot to mention was Theresa showed up in Hellions #1 with Nightcrawler. According to Spurrier, clues have already been circulating, so maybe Terry's brief appearance was a hint.

Ultimate Member

It's possible, or a red herring...

I guess that Terry could end up in Way of X, but I doubt it. Other than Nightcrawler the cast is made up of mostly younger X-characters. Maybe Terry fits because she is religious, but kind of doubt that she would go along with a religion that was being made up on the fly. And, I think that the comic isn't intended to just focus on religion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Something I forgot to mention was Theresa showed up in Hellions #1 with Nightcrawler. According to Spurrier, clues have already been circulating, so maybe Terry's brief appearance was a hint.

That picture makes me wonder just how long Terry was actually being controlled by the Morrigan. She seems pretty normal in that page to me. She was also in X of Swords, where she went on the initial mission because of what happened to her father. I guess that it is possible that she was already Morrigan and chose not to tell anyone, but who knows.

I'm not fond of Terry being the Morrigan because it could lead to her becoming a villain. Actually, I'm not fond of Terry being in X-Factor at all.

But, is there anyone who would like to see Terry keep the Morrigan powers?