Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Definitely NOT imho...I think that the earlier appearances were either before they decided to have her as the Morrigan or they just didn't care either way as to them she wasn't important enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I guess that Terry could end up in Way of X, but I doubt it. Other than Nightcrawler the cast is made up of mostly younger X-characters. Maybe Terry fits because she is religious, but kind of doubt that she would go along with a religion that was being made up on the fly. And, I think that the comic isn't intended to just focus on religion anyway.

That picture makes me wonder just how long Terry was actually being controlled by the Morrigan. She seems pretty normal in that page to me. She was also in X of Swords, where she went on the initial mission because of what happened to her father. I guess that it is possible that she was already Morrigan and chose not to tell anyone, but who knows.

I'm not fond of Terry being the Morrigan because it could lead to her becoming a villain. Actually, I'm not fond of Terry being in X-Factor at all.

But, is there anyone who would like to see Terry keep the Morrigan powers?
    I like siryn having this mystic connection/side ........ Who says she is controlled?unless the current writer goes for the stereotypical possession story (I sure hope not) She seems very much in control, she definitely was herself when written by PAD, her feeling were still her own and she acted to protect her friends, restored polaris sanity and helped layla+ jamie, she has ulterior motives now that may be due to her role as death goddes and the resurrection process, she seems more ruthless and hypnotizing Lorna is quite sinister but I would not categorize her as a villain yet or until her point of view is explored further
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-11-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

Well she technically already had a connection to the mystical side with the name that she chose, and for all that we know perhaps she got hurt and the Morrigan just took over as it might get stronger over the years, and Terry's never shown any interest in women as this Morrigan seems to be flirting a bit with Lorna so again I'd say that the Morrigan has taken her over almost completely and she probably either knows nothing about what his happening or Terry is unable to do anything about it...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well she technically already had a connection to the mystical side with the name that she chose, and for all that we know perhaps she got hurt and the Morrigan just took over as it might get stronger over the years, and Terry's never shown any interest in women as this Morrigan seems to be flirting a bit with Lorna so again I'd say that the Morrigan has taken her over almost completely and she probably either knows nothing about what his happening or Terry is unable to do anything about it...
    A name is just a name, anyone can pick it up and I really hate possession stories, let her be powerful and have her own ( not necessarily evil) agenda, lets go for something original and explore the resurrection process at the same time.
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-11-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

Just saying that she doesn't need the whole Morrigan mess to be powerful and a great character...I remember that she wanted to be a leader...wonder if she still does...

Just saying that she doesn't need the whole Morrigan mess to be powerful and a great character...I remember that she wanted to be a leader...wonder if she still does...
    I agree she does not need it but not all things interesting are necessarily needed, as Morrigan she is uniquely equipped to give us a new perspective/insight into the resurrection process which happens to be one of x-factor main focuses so all I am saying is let's explore this connection as a new side for Theresa without making it all about the usual run of the mill "possession by higher power" that seems to befall female characters in comics.

Ultimate Member

As long as by the end of the storyline she's free of the whole Morrigan mess...

As long as by the end of the storyline she's free of the whole Morrigan mess...
    I don't see what's so messy about it but In any case I just care about the opening of new narrative avenues not mandatory reboots of the status quo.

Ultimate Member

A reboot of the status quo for her would be limbo or maybe background cameo's where she doesn't do much, and besides X-Factor is pretty much filled up already...the Morrigan to me helped keep her in limbo for years...

A reboot of the status quo for her would be limbo or maybe background cameo's where she doesn't do much, and besides X-Factor is pretty much filled up already...the Morrigan to me helped keep her in limbo for years...
    then we are in luck, this time she’s actually getting the spotlight because of it..... let’s just see how and where it goes, here is hoping Siryn gets to be featured more and more, whatever happens to her morrigan mantle she deserves to be in the frontline.

Ultimate Member

I'm just fearful that once this story is done she'll go back to limo again...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm hot and cold with the Morrigan. It was a satisfying end to Terry's arc in X-Factor, and the design was cool, but it's obvious that it was PAD's way of fixing a number of plot issues. Helping Lorna's mind, and then freeing Jamie from that demon form, was kinda overpowered. I don't think that writers really wanted to do much with that IMO. It'd be interesting if the development could be scaled down in a way, but I have my doubts that will happen.

However, you can't ignore what was done. No one should pretend as if Siryn's tenure on X-Factor shouldn't be addressed.

Ultimate Member

Just saying that at the end of this storyline the Morrigan mess should be done and over with and gone from Terry, and writers ignore bits of the past all of the time so they'd only need to address what they wanted to of that run...

Extraordinary Member

Terry becoming a Morrigan is on par with other x-women going through a trans-human change.

Jean: Phoenix
    Storm: Depowered, de-aged
    Jubilee: vampire
    Rogue: Ms Marvel powers
    Betsy: becoming Asian ninja
    Dani: becoming a Valkyrie
    Polaris: losing magnetism, gaining strength
    Magik: Darkchild form

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Terry becoming a Morrigan is on par with other x-women going through a trans-human change.

Jean: Phoenix
    Storm: Depowered, de-aged
    Jubilee: vampire
    Rogue: Ms Marvel powers
    Betsy: becoming Asian ninja
    Dani: becoming a Valkyrie
    Polaris: losing magnetism, gaining strength
    Magik: Darkchild form
    I like the way you think