Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Some of those listed though have been saddled with said change though and out of all of them most have still kept themselves in charge, right now the Morrigan seems to be controlling Terry, and again she was good without the Morrigan...and Terry's already had the drinking issues and the whole dupe baby crap storyline so she's good on the trauma and all imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I like siryn having this mystic connection/side ........ Who says she is controlled?unless the current writer goes for the stereotypical possession story (I sure hope not) She seems very much in control, she definitely was herself when written by PAD, her feeling were still her own and she acted to protect her friends, restored polaris sanity and helped layla+ jamie, she has ulterior motives now that may be due to her role as death goddes and the resurrection process, she seems more ruthless and hypnotizing Lorna is quite sinister but I would not categorize her as a villain yet or until her point of view is explored further
    You can definitely argue argue that Terry was like her old self when written by Pad in his X-Factor investigations series.

I'd argue that things are different in this story. I can't picture the old Terry hypnotizing Polaris into taking aggressive action against a teammate who is trying to interfere with her plans. Terry pretty much gave a very powerful mutant orders to battle her teammates using her magnetic abilities. Even with the X-Men's resurrection powers Terry's orders could possibly lead to death for a member of X-Factor. Even if Terry is not being possessed, there has to be some Morrigan influence there. It also doesn't explain Terry's multiple deaths.

I cant really guess what Terry is up to. The Morrigan in mythology would appear before soldiers who were about to die, but I don't see where she is using that ability to help any one here. The Morrigan does have some stories of being a war goddess by the way. So appearing before a member of X-factor who was about to die in order to save them would make some sense, except for the fact that the X-Men do have the resurrection ability.

But thank you for answering my question about whether you would like to see Terry keep the Morrigan powers once this story in X-Factor is finished. You and Soulsword323 were the only ones who answered.
    You have a great avatar by the way.

BANNED

I don’t think Theresa every stopped being the Morrigan. I think Krakoa resurrected her/made a new Siryn because they considered her dead and Theresa/Morrigan decided to kill off the new Theresas.

She clearly is controlled. When Polaris brought up the deal Theresa made to save the world, she immediately says the world is fine andd used her siren voice on Polaris to control her. This is not something any version of Siryn or Banshee workday have ever done to a teammate. The fact she flat out refuses to be honest about the deaths is telling to.

I have no problem with her keeping the Morrigan powers after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    You can definitely argue argue that Terry was like her old self when written by Pad in his X-Factor investigations series.

I'd argue that things are different in this story. I can't picture the old Terry hypnotizing Polaris into taking aggressive action against a teammate who is trying to interfere with her plans. Terry pretty much gave a very powerful mutant orders to battle her teammates using her magnetic abilities. Even with the X-Men's resurrection powers Terry's orders could possibly lead to death for a member of X-Factor. Even if Terry is not being possessed, there has to be some Morrigan influence there. It also doesn't explain Terry's multiple deaths.

I cant really guess what Terry is up to. The Morrigan in mythology would appear before soldiers who were about to die, but I don't see where she is using that ability to help any one here. The Morrigan does have some stories of being a war goddess by the way. So appearing before a member of X-factor who was about to die in order to save them would make some sense, except for the fact that the X-Men do have the resurrection ability.

But thank you for answering my question about whether you would like to see Terry keep the Morrigan powers once this story in X-Factor is finished. You and Soulsword323 were the only ones who answered.
    You have a great avatar by the way.

Hey thanks, I made the avatar from issue 6 of Mystique old solo :

myst06.jpg

and since this is Siryn appreciation thread this is an animated gif I made with her back in 2010 when I was experimenting with AE software:

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

To me the "real" Terry wouldn't have fallen for Jamie so fast or so much, especially after being told that their whole relationship those years earlier had entirely been a sham and not the real Jamie and I don't think that she would have just turned over leadership back to Jamie so quickly after the dupe baby, the Morrigan mess for Terry could end up being like the Phoenix for Jean and mental illness for Lorna, a storyline that often gets overused and haunts the character in a bad way...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    To me the "real" Terry wouldn't have fallen for Jamie so fast or so much, especially after being told that their whole relationship those years earlier had entirely been a sham and not the real Jamie and I don't think that she would have just turned over leadership back to Jamie so quickly after the dupe baby, the Morrigan mess for Terry could end up being like the Phoenix for Jean and mental illness for Lorna, a storyline that often gets overused and haunts the character in a bad way...
    Bad writing will be bad writing regardless of any plot point or character development, the morrigan as any other narrative element could be good or bad, it all comes down to the writer ability and talent, going the dark-phoenix - dark wanda- polarismalice way would be like phoning it in, I sure hope that's not the intent.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

I just fear that it could easily become that for Terry, something that every new writer to writer her just has to write about and she never gets free of it, much like with how the Phoenix has hurt Jean's character over the years...so imho better to get rid of it now and move her on to bigger and better things as Terry, as if she wasn't good enough to writers without a power upgrade that always threatened to overtake her, Jean is already in that role...

I just fear that it could easily become that for Terry, something that every new writer to writer her just has to write about and she never gets free of it, much like with how the Phoenix has hurt Jean's character over the years...so imho better to get rid of it now and move her on to bigger and better things as Terry, as if she wasn't good enough to writers without a power upgrade that always threatened to overtake her, Jean is already in that role...
    ok but.... couldn't this very same argument be presented each and every time a writer tries to evolve these characters or gives them something new to deal with? the only writing that could be safe from bad writing is no writing at all and comics limbo.
    I think we ought to take the risk if We aim for the reward, let's see how it goes, the results may yet be surprising.

Phoenix hasnt hurt Jean. Its an essential core part of Jean that most fans respect. Marvel and the writers have bastardized it by giving it to any and everyone since her death and the best thing would be to stop and return it to Jean as the sole host. As it stands, Morrigan is Siryn's thing and depending on what Leah does, can be a good development for her character arc

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think Theresa every stopped being the Morrigan. I think Krakoa resurrected her/made a new Siryn because they considered her dead and Theresa/Morrigan decided to kill off the new Theresas.

She clearly is controlled. When Polaris brought up the deal Theresa made to save the world, she immediately says the world is fine andd used her siren voice on Polaris to control her. This is not something any version of Siryn or Banshee workday have ever done to a teammate. The fact she flat out refuses to be honest about the deaths is telling to.

I have no problem with her keeping the Morrigan powers after this.
    Why would the members of X-Factor think that Terry died the first time away from Krakoa. All of the old X-Factor investigations members know that she was alive and acting as the Morrigan. I don't think that Krakoa would have brought Siryn back to life the first time.

My best guess is that the Morrigan is trying to somehow free herself from Terry, and that is why Terry keeps dying. The Morrigan keeps killing her in the hopes of escaping. That, or someone is trying to steel the Morrigan powers for herself. That's the only way to become the new Morrigan. It's by killing the old one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Phoenix hasnt hurt Jean. Its an essential core part of Jean that most fans respect. Marvel and the writers have bastardized it by giving it to any and everyone since her death and the best thing would be to stop and return it to Jean as the sole host. As it stands, Morrigan is Siryn's thing and depending on what Leah does, can be a good development for her character arc
    But that's my point, look at what Marvel has done to the Phoenix as you say, they could easily do that to Terry with the Morrigan, something new to deal with is one thing, giving them another concsciousness or identity however has often not worked out so well and I'd hate for that to happen to Terry...the Morrigan could be Siryn's thing...for now...

Well if as it appears Terry is still the Morrigan would the Morrigan have allowed her to die at all, because then it/she would technically have died as well...

But that's my point, look at what Marvel has done to the Phoenix as you say, they could easily do that to Terry with the Morrigan, something new to deal with is one thing, giving them another concsciousness or identity however has often not worked out so well and I'd hate for that to happen to Terry...the Morrigan could be Siryn's thing...for now...

Well if as it appears Terry is still the Morrigan would the Morrigan have allowed her to die at all, because then it/she would technically have died as well...
    To be fair, Siryn is no Jean Grey and Morrigan isnt a major core part of the X-men mythos thats helped it sell well. She's not popular enough nor do I expect her to be for that to be a thing. The fact that Leah is even doing this is a deep cut

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that Terry is as important as Jean is or that the Morrigan is as important as the Phoenix, only that they could be viewed as similar changes to a character that have negatively affected Jean over the years in many ways and I'd rather not see that happen to Terry with the Morrigan...

I'm not saying that Terry is as important as Jean is or that the Morrigan is as important as the Phoenix, only that they could be viewed as similar changes to a character that have negatively affected Jean over the years in many ways and I'd rather not see that happen to Terry with the Morrigan...
    I know you arent but the only reason why Jean and the PF got as overexposed as it did was bc it was extremely popular. Thats not likely to be the case with Siryn/Morrigan. They arent likely to be passed around the MU or be the focal point of a linewide crossover. I dont think this specific fear will ever materialize

Ultimate Member

It doesn't need to become as popular to hurt Terry, after all I'd say that the Morrigan played a big part in why writers haven't really used her until now...so the Morrigan can hurt Terry regardless of how popular and such it becomes...