Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Why would the members of X-Factor think that Terry died the first time away from Krakoa. All of the old X-Factor investigations members know that she was alive and acting as the Morrigan. I don't think that Krakoa would have brought Siryn back to life the first time.

My best guess is that the Morrigan is trying to somehow free herself from Terry, and that is why Terry keeps dying. The Morrigan keeps killing her in the hopes of escaping. That, or someone is trying to steel the Morrigan powers for herself. That's the only way to become the new Morrigan. It's by killing the old one.
    I took Terry becoming the Morrigan as her basically dying. How else does someone become a death goddess? She essentially sold her soul on that too. There’s no way the Morrigan would just let her go and certainly not just to hang out on Krakoa. So I think the Siryn we saw from the very beginning on Krakoa was one created by the resurrection process. However, the amortiguan doesn’t want new Terry’s created because she agreed to essentially due to become the Morrigan and heal Lorna’s mind.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps the Morrigan would move on if it found someone that it thought would be a better goddess of death than Terry, then again if the X-men didn't think that Terry was dead they would not have brought her back in the first place to die in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It doesn't need to become as popular to hurt Terry, after all I'd say that the Morrigan played a big part in why writers haven't really used her until now...so the Morrigan can hurt Terry regardless of how popular and such it becomes...
    No continuity element ever stood in the way of marvel's editors will to use a character, if Terry wasn't used till now then it's a safe bet the interest simply wasn't there, her connection to morrigan has little to no weight in this matter.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

We don't know whether the Morrigan kept her in limbo but it certainly didn't get any writers to show enough interest in her to have her on their book either, so things tend to lean more towards the Morrigan helped to keep her in limbo...

We don't know whether the Morrigan kept her in limbo but it certainly didn't get any writers to show enough interest in her to have her on their book either, so things tend to lean more towards the Morrigan helped to keep her in limbo...
    Plenty of fan favorites on the same popularity tier as Terry end up in limbo for one reason or the other, it happens, they are not regularly featured like the usual core cast of x-men...... but it’s not all negative, they may be less flashed out but this makes them also somewhat more interesting and a potential goldmine if they get to be written by the right person.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

True, but many of them don't have a potential albatross like the Morrigan could very easily be either...

True, but many of them don't have a potential albatross like the Morrigan could very easily be either...
    All I see are the wings of a beautiful black raven and the sky is the limit, it’s just a metter of pov

Ultimate Member

Or a foreshadowing of dark days ahead where she's used and then cast aside for another number of years, hopefully I'm wrong but I don't like the Morrigan and just wish that it was gone from Terry...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I took Terry becoming the Morrigan as her basically dying. How else does someone become a death goddess? She essentially sold her soul on that too. There’s no way the Morrigan would just let her go and certainly not just to hang out on Krakoa. So I think the Siryn we saw from the very beginning on Krakoa was one created by the resurrection process. However, the amortiguan doesn’t want new Terry’s created because she agreed to essentially due to become the Morrigan and heal Lorna’s mind.
    Well with the Morrigan, you dont become the Morrigan by dying, you become the Morrigan by killing the old Morrigan and taking her spot. So I wouldn't count Terry's initial transformation into the Morrigan as Terry dying. She just moved on to goddess status after killing the previous Morrigan. That's why I don't think that the Krakoans would have resurrected Terry the first time, all of the old members of X-Factor would have known that Terry was still alive. The only way that they would have resurrected Terry the first time would be if they had some sort of proof that Terry had dyed off panel somehow.

Also, the characters who are resurrected are supposed to have their original souls. Terry's original soul was part of the Morrigan. Any resurrected body of Terry wouldn't actually posses Terry's soul.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-13-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

So then the Morrigan would have faked her death so that the X-men would have brought Terry back, but would they have known whether who/what they brought back had her soul in it or not, and if they can do it without the "real" Terry being dead then couldn't they have like multiple clones of anybody...

Well the X-Men are not supposed to have multiple copy's of characters of anyone. That's why Maddie Pryor wasn't resurrected. She was deemed to be a clone of Jean. I would say that she was her own character with her own personality, but I know that others disagree. It's also why Gabby Kinney brings up Maddie in New Mutants. She's afraid that she won't be resurrected since she is a clone.

I don't know why the Morrigan would keep faking her own death. Surely she has to know that X-Factor would catch on to her eventually. This is one where we have to keep reading to find out what is really going on. Those are the best kind of comics.

Ultimate Member

Only if the payoff is a good one, otherwise we then got jerked around for little to nothing...maybe the Morrigan faked its death so that they would bring Terry back so that it/she could further her plans until it was time to strike, again just hoping that Terry is fully herself again after all is said and done...

Some nice Siryn art by ink4884 from Instagram

ink4884 Siryn.jpg

Ultimate Member

That's pretty much my favorite uniform for Terry...

Maybe the Morrigan is having a tug of war with Terry trying to control her