Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He appears in issues 11, 13, 14 and 15.
    Ah, okay. I remember that story, I just had no idea it was picking up a part of Stargirl's series

Amazing Member

So I feel like DC needs to give the Henry King Jr. origin story because all the information the writers have given has a lot of holes that I'm genuinely curious about.
    - We know that his dad went to prison at some point during his childhood, and that his mom "died of a broken heart" during his early teens. But later Young Justice (presumably not checking if she had been used since the 40s) had her being alive, and with no explanation I think the assumption has to be that she abandoned her 13 year old son.
    Who raised him? His dad wasn't getting out of prison and it definitely wasn't Sylvester. I absolutely want to know this.
    -Morrison randomly gave Merry a daughter. I know she could be a half sister from after Merry left but based on the age given for her she's way too old for that. This doesn't make a lot of sense and is probably another case of writers not checking if Merry had been used since the 40s.
    Basically I would like a writer to do a flashback issue to Hank's childhood to just explain a few things, please.

Astonishing Member

Check wikipedia. I'm pretty sure I've read the backstory on Merry somewhere. I don't think it delved too deeply into Henry's upbringing.

Incredible Member

Yeah I don't think Roy thought out Merry and Brainwave that much. I think he mostly just liked Hank and Syl being related.

Ultimate Member

Given their ages, all the team needs their youth explained, lol

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Given their ages, all the team needs their youth explained, lol
    Old men are still fertile, and these old men were hit by magical not aging juice. It makes sense that they'd still want to have sex when their bodies are young.
    Isn't that a reasonable enough explanation?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Old men are still fertile, and these old men were hit by magical not aging juice. It makes sense that they'd still want to have sex when their bodies are young.
    Some were raised by their parents, and soon even that magical juice is gonna run out

An easy explanation would be Johnny Thunder scattering them through time in the modern era, or the Spectre. WW2 isn't getting any closer in the timeline

Boisterously Confused

Reasonable, yes, but rather icky.

The point isn't the men being able to father children, but women being of reasonable age to bear children. In order to keep Infinitors somewhat young adult, their birthdate would need to be fairly recent. Right now, we're talking about the turn of the millennium give or take a few years.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The point isn't the men being able to father children, but women being of reasonable age to bear children. In order to keep Infinitors somewhat young adult, their birthdate would need to be fairly recent. Right now, we're talking about the turn of the millennium give or take a few years.
    Fury's mom is an Amazon and could be immortal based on that.
    Shiera is assumedly in a similar situation to Carter wrt his youth.
    Rose Canton spent a few decades on Themyscira where I believe she didn't age, before everything happened with Alan.
    Norda's parents probably don't need to be tied to the forties at all, and I'm not even sure if they really are.
    Most of the others are not blood related to the JSA member they're connected to. So I guess the big issues are Al's mom and Merry.

Fury's mom is an Amazon and could be immortal based on that.
    Shiera is assumedly in a similar situation to Carter wrt his youth.
    Rose Canton spent a few decades on Themyscira where I believe she didn't age, before everything happened with Alan.
    Norda's parents probably don't need to be tied to the forties at all, and I'm not even sure if they really are.
    Most of the others are not blood related to the JSA member they're connected to. So I guess the big issues are Al's mom and Merry.
    The problems are solvable. My intention was to focus on the fix being with the mothers and not with the fathers. As to whether your reasonable solutions are used by DC, there are issues:

Who or what is Shiera this week? The hawks have been reformulated over and over since Crisis.
    Fury is an interesting case considering her original mother is back on the table, but unlikely to regain the motherhood. To their credit, Hector and Fury's son has a job as the new Sandman
    Rose may not need the Themyscira fix as Bendis made her immortal in his Legion series.

I like your explanations, but DC's constant reshuffling of canon has been frustrating at best.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Look at some point with continuity changes, rewrites, time travel, deaging, age ups, and etc. that we just have to accept the characters as the creative team represents them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    It's intresting how much differently the Infinity Inc book turned out from what this ad piece announced. Lar Garro became simply the female Wildcat, Power Girl and Huntress ended up not having such an important part to play on the book, and we never got to see Sandy, The Golden Boy in the pages of Infinity Inc. Plus, the art was supposed to be Mike Machlan on pencils and Ordway on inks, that also was not what ended up happening. I wonder what else was originally planned that never came to pass.

Peace

from Infinity Inc. Annual #2 (1988)

Give me a team with the following members and I’d be so happy:

Fury
    Silver Scarab or Doctor Fate (a Fate & Fury title could be amazing)
    Brainwave
    Power Girl
    Huntress
    Atom Smasher
    Northwind
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Wildcat (Yolanda)
    Dr. Mid-Nite (Beth)
    Star-Spangled Kid (Courtney)
    Jessie Quick

I’d give Yolanda and Beth new code names and let the work their magic. And I’d work in a few other new characters... one based off Mr. Terrific, another of Miss America, and another of of Mr America.

Yeah, I like a huge team of alternating characters.