Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Infinity Inc 2021 Appreciation

INC 2.jpgWish we could get Infinity Inc back DC needs more Team books.

Amazing Member

Yes! I was thinking about making one!
    Here's hoping they come back in 2021.

aINC 3.jpgi would probably switch thing around thou.have these guys be JSA members n Star Girl.Mary Marvel.Traci 13.Cyclone.Judomaster.Tomcat.Jakeem Thunder.Citizen Steel.Damage.be The New Infinity.

Spectacular Member

Back in the days before Infinite Crisis, I had high hopes for a Fate + Fury series. Hector and Lyta were treated abominably, in the end.

There was a lovely 'final panel' set during IC which gave them a 'Happy ever After' moment in The Dreaming, but it was cut from the final printing as it was deemed 'too bookendy'. It appears as an extra in the IC Hardcover. I would love to see a finished, colour version of this panel.

You know, I've never actually read the original Infinity Inc. Read the one with Steel and his niece post-52, and I know the individual members, but never read the OG series. But I really enjoy some of the roster; Atom Smasher, Jade, and Obsidian are lowkey favorites of mine, and I got a ton of love for Power Girl.

And it dawns on me that as much as all of us complain about how abused/ignored the Titans and JSA are, Infinity Inc has it way worse. But I sort of understand why DC seems to have such a problem utilizing them; their parents are all a century old (give or take) but the Inc'ers are supposed to be in their 20's. It's weird, and they complicate the timeline with the JSA.

But I'll be damned if this isn't a group I'd like to see more of. No idea what the hook would be, or what would set them apart from other teams, but I'd be interested in seeing it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Infinity's feature is that they are the progreny of superheroes and not just legacies and sidekicks. Growing up as a superhero's child is something we don't see a lot of and that could very well be something worth bringing back. A few members did show up[ in DClock 12 so they do exist in some form or another.

And yes, I know Jon and Damien are getting quite a few pages, but Infinity is a group of young heroes as opposed to a buddy book between Supes and Bats, Jr.

Boisterously Confused

If DC puts a JSA in the main verse, Inf. Inc. could be used as charcters of the 1970s who get time-bumped to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know, I've never actually read the original Infinity Inc. Read the one with Steel and his niece post-52, and I know the individual members, but never read the OG series. But I really enjoy some of the roster; Atom Smasher, Jade, and Obsidian are lowkey favorites of mine, and I got a ton of love for Power Girl.

And it dawns on me that as much as all of us complain about how abused/ignored the Titans and JSA are, Infinity Inc has it way worse. But I sort of understand why DC seems to have such a problem utilizing them; their parents are all a century old (give or take) but the Inc'ers are supposed to be in their 20's. It's weird, and they complicate the timeline with the JSA.

But I'll be damned if this isn't a group I'd like to see more of. No idea what the hook would be, or what would set them apart from other teams, but I'd be interested in seeing it.
    Honestly it’s because of Crisis on Infinite Earths, whole characters were either killed off like Huntress or had their origins completely rewritten to fit into the mold of a new earth, such as Fury and Powergirl. It probably also had one of the toughest shifts having to use it’s established characters in a new world different from the one they were on, unlike characters like Shazam who just got rewritten to fit better.

As for the twist....honestly this may sound dumb but I think you’d need to pull an all-new x-men. A continuity or time shift occurs and suddenly the pre-crisis teenage version of Infinity Inc find themselves in the present where things are very different.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

From Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XI (January 1986)

Amazing Member

I'd kind of like all 10 of the major members (not Syl but only because I'm not sure if him being alive again would accomplish anything), to be recurring characters in JSA. Also Mister Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    I'd kind of like all 10 of the major members (not Syl but only because I'm not sure if him being alive again would accomplish anything), to be recurring characters in JSA. Also Mister Bones.
    Sylvester seems to be someone who should have some role in whatever the DC universe looks like. The push for Stargirl brings that franchise to light.

Infinity Inc could work as a period piece. Have them active in the 70s/80s and they are the in between of the JSA and the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    First, we have to get a JSA series out of DC.
    Second, we have to see what we get, and whether or not the members of Infinity Inc. exist yet or not.

Astonishing Member

They could also be a team similar to TV Legends of the DCU in which they travel to different eras and dimensions to right wrongs. That way they would live up to their name. I would love to see Hector and Lyta Hall rescued from the Limbo they never should have been exiled to (due to a certain Vertigo editor throwing her weight around). They were born in the DCU -- not Vertigo -- and that's where they should be today!

Happy New Year to Infinity Inc. and its members .