Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

from Who's Who in the DC Universe #16 (February 1992)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    Back in the days before Infinite Crisis, I had high hopes for a Fate + Fury series. Hector and Lyta were treated abominably, in the end.

There was a lovely 'final panel' set during IC which gave them a 'Happy ever After' moment in The Dreaming, but it was cut from the final printing as it was deemed 'too bookendy'. It appears as an extra in the IC Hardcover. I would love to see a finished, colour version of this panel.
    They took that scene out? Damn, so Hector and Lyta just wonder around in the snow forever? Yeesh

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Stargirl being a stealth Infinity Inc series has been a delight. Hopefully it leads to some collections of the Thomas stuff being released.

Astonishing Member

Infinity Inc is one of the main reasons I'd prefer the JSA be put on Earth Two as an amalgamation of the Roy Thomas/Geoff Johns versions of the teams/worlds/concept. Then bring back the yearly crossover with JLA and boom you are cooking with gas, but first reclaim their characters from prime earth, Star Girl, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Fate. They belong on Earth Two with the real Alan Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Stargirl being a stealth Infinity Inc series has been a delight. Hopefully it leads to some collections of the Thomas stuff being released.
    Well, that connection makes sense, considering Stargirl is Sylvester Pemberton's successor. She's doing in her show what Sylvester did in the Infinity Inc comics, and they combined that with elements from the Stars and STRIPE series Courtney debuted in. Presumably they'll use elements from the late 90s JSA series from now on too - we know they're using Jakeem Thunder - but also continue to add more Infinity Inc elements - like Jade.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, that connection makes sense, considering Stargirl is Sylvester Pemberton's successor. She's doing in her show what Sylvester did in the Infinity Inc comics, and they combined that with elements from the Stars and STRIPE series Courtney debuted in. Presumably they'll use elements from the late 90s JSA series from now on too - we know they're using Jakeem Thunder - but also continue to add more Infinity Inc elements - like Jade.
    Then Sylvester shows up in the last episode which is a shame because I really would have wanted to see him interacting with Henry. Idk that was just always a really fun dynamic in the comics, especially in the first 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well, DC did have a collection of the first few issues of Infinity Inc. that was released back in 2011:

They even solicited a second volume, but later cancelled that (reportedly due to low demand).

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Then Sylvester shows up in the last episode which is a shame because I really would have wanted to see him interacting with Henry. Idk that was just always a really fun dynamic in the comics, especially in the first 12 issues.
    That appearance by him in the show was taken straight from the final issue of Stars and STRIPE, and then resolved in JSA a bit later. spoilers:
    He was time displaced again, and fades away - sent back home - once the plot is resolved. So if they follow the comics, Sylvester really is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That appearance by him in the show was taken straight from the final issue of Stars and STRIPE, and then resolved in JSA a bit later. spoilers:
    He was time displaced again, and fades away - sent back home - once the plot is resolved. So if they follow the comics, Sylvester really is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Where was that resolved in JSA?

He appears in issues 11, 13, 14 and 15.

Astonishing Member

I was really disappointed with Henry's death. Maybe they didn't want another character whose powers could potentially overshadow Courtney's. I just hope that Jade and Obsidian show up this year.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I was really disappointed with Henry's death. Maybe they didn't want another character whose powers could potentially overshadow Courtney's. I just hope that Jade and Obsidian show up this year.
    Maybe he's not dead? It's a longshot but I'll probably stick to "if you don't see the body they could somehow be alive" until we get at least a little of season 2.
    I want Hec the most though. Since I think at least Jade is confirmed for next season.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    His final scene was so good, though.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's really about damn time for JADE to make a big comeback.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Maybe he's not dead? It's a longshot but I'll probably stick to "if you don't see the body they could somehow be alive" until we get at least a little of season 2.
    I want Hec the most though. Since I think at least Jade is confirmed for next season.
    I like to think at Dragon King got ahold of his body and started experimenting on him (just like he's probably done to Wizard's body)