Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It seems like many of the secondary Avengers are not being regularly or properly used.
    There is a lot of them...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There is a lot of them...
    I know, but the former mainstays, like Hank, Vision, Wanda, Janet, don't seem to get as much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know, but the former mainstays, like Hank, Vision, Wanda, Janet, don't seem to get as much attention.
    Kind of been that way since the Bendis era.

Ultimate Member

Kind of been that way since the Bendis era.
    I wonder why. Tbh, they have more interesting powers than some of thw other prominent Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Samnee's Ant-Man design from Thor: The Mighty Avenger is probably my favorite.
    No matter what, Thor: The Mighty Avenger from Roger Langridge & Chris Samnee will always be a favorite (T^T):

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    Attachment 110601

I always liked this version of Hank for some reason. Granted, it was the Skrull version but we didn't know that at the time and he was well written.
    One of Hank's best showing in years (in, IMHO, an amazing and largly underrated mini), and they had to chalk it up to the Skrull. Unbelievable.

Peace

Hank is in Fantastic Four Life Story #2
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Can someone here inform me if Hank has met Nadia yet? Because, based on the information I'm aware of, Hank has been UltronPym pretty much since Nadia first appeared. It just a weird thing that I felt hasn't happened yet, and it doesn't seem like Marvel is keen to do it. I'm not necessarily demanding it to happen myself, but it's just so odd to me that it just hasn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Can someone here inform me if Hank has met Nadia yet? Because, based on the information I'm aware of, Hank has been UltronPym pretty much since Nadia first appeared. It just a weird thing that I felt hasn't happened yet, and it doesn't seem like Marvel is keen to do it. I'm not necessarily demanding it to happen myself, but it's just so odd to me that it just hasn't.
    No...Nadia did not come into the picture until after Pymtron...and while he showed up in Iron Man while Tony was dating Janet...Nadia was not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hank is in Fantastic Four Life Story #2
    It's nice to see Hank happy. Although radioactive ants...
    They've kind of gone out of their way not to have Nadia address or deal with Pymtron at all. Like, she found out about it but that's about it.

I'm not even sure if she cares about her father anymore after she found out about what happened with Janet. She's not even using his last name anymore.

She never did. She had no surname at all until Janet adopted her. "Nadia Pym" was only ever used in marketing (for example, Avengers recap pages), not in story.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    No...Nadia did not come into the picture until after Pymtron...and while he showed up in Iron Man while Tony was dating Janet...Nadia was not involved.
    They've kind of gone out of their way not to have Nadia address or deal with Pymtron at all. Like, she found out about it but that's about it.

I'm not even sure if she cares about her father anymore after she found out about what happened with Janet. She's not even using his last name anymore.
    I think that's the thing that I find the most strange thing about this whole thing - that Marvel is straight-up avoiding this whole thing with Nadia and Pymtron. I guess they just don't want to burden Nadia with Hank's whole baggage.

I agree that I don't think Nadia, in particular, doesn't care about her father anymore, but I think there's potential to what their relationship would be like. I would have to imagine that Hank will have to earn her trust somehow, which can lead to good-nature drama. Though, again, I think Marvel doesn't want to saddle Nadia with Hank's whole deal.

Also, I just realized that Hank doesn't know Nadia exists, which is just... weird, I guess?

Ultron-Pym has been fine, there have been some fun stories with him, but I'm at the point where I just want old-school Hank Pym back now. Though if my lore knowledge is up to date, that will be difficult since I'm pretty sure Hank died during Infinity Wars, and the Ultron-Pym is just Ultron who thinks he's Pym. So don't know what they will do about that other than straight-up resurrection.

Isn't it super odd that Hank has been Ultron throughout all of Hank's appearances in the MCU? With how obsessive Marvel can be with synergy and wanting to match their movies, Ultron-Pym is one of the few things they wanted to deviate from the movies? Surely they will bring back good old by the time of Ant-Man and the Wasp 3, right?

Extraordinary Member

I think that's the thing that I find the most strange thing about this whole thing - that Marvel is straight-up avoiding this whole thing with Nadia and Pymtron. I guess they just don't want to burden Nadia with Hank's whole baggage.

I agree that I don't think Nadia, in particular, doesn't care about her father anymore, but I think there's potential to what their relationship would be like. I would have to imagine that Hank will have to earn her trust somehow, which can lead to good-nature drama. Though, again, I think Marvel doesn't want to saddle Nadia with Hank's whole deal.

Also, I just realized that Hank doesn't know Nadia exists, which is just... weird, I guess?

Ultron-Pym has been fine, there have been some fun stories with him, but I'm at the point where I just want old-school Hank Pym back now. Though if my lore knowledge is up to date, that will be difficult since I'm pretty sure Hank died during Infinity Wars, and the Ultron-Pym is just Ultron who thinks he's Pym. So don't know what they will do about that other than straight-up resurrection.

Isn't it super odd that Hank has been Ultron throughout all of Hank's appearances in the MCU? With how obsessive Marvel can be with synergy and wanting to match their movies, Ultron-Pym is one of the few things they wanted to deviate from the movies? Surely they will bring back good old by the time of Ant-Man and the Wasp 3, right?
    In story...Jan did everything she could to protect Nadia from the bad Hank did. The way she heard about Hank hitting Jan was to overhear a couple people talking about it.

Ultimate Member

Has a character being dead ever stopped them coming back before?

Well no. There used to be a line spoken in comics fandom - nobody stays dead except Uncle Ben, Jason Todd, and Bucky. Of course, now Red Hood and Winter Soldier are a thing...