Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Not Captain America. The best superhero of the multiverse, ever. He's like a John McClane with superpowers. He kicks ass... and in Pym's case, that's literal.
    No. Ultimate Captain America was one of those ultra-America is right lunatics, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Weren't most ultimate heroes, to varying extents?
    IMHO, yes. It's the only way Millar knows how to write people. Everybody is a jerk and complete trash. I really can't stand it.

Peace

No. Ultimate Captain America was one of those ultra-America is right lunatics, wasn't he?

Ultimate Member

John McClane wasn't a pro-America belligerent lunatic IIRC

John McClane wasn't a pro-America belligerent lunatic IIRC
    Oh, come on! A police officer who single-handedly defeats one by one a terrorist group led by an evil foreigner? Can there be a better epitome of American badassery than him?

This thread is for appreciation of Hank Pym. It’s getting off topic. If you don’t like him, you don’t have to post here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    This thread is for appreciation of Hank Pym. It’s getting off topic. If you don’t like him, you don’t have to post here.
    Exactly. In the Wasp thread, this guy just posted "Hank Pym is dead. His reign of terror is over". Ultimate Pym is not even the same character ffs. Leave this **** alone already! Hank was mentally ill and slapped his wife when he was having a nervous breakdown. The characters moved past that years ago.
    Last edited by stingray; 11-19-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Actually, most of the things from the Darkhold comic were already there in the 616 comics before Pym attacked her. The only significant divergence is Jan's reaction: instead of staying down crying while Pym keeps gloating about his plan with that robot, she reacts. So yes, "His reign of terror is over". The final page basically spells it out.

But if you're tired of discussing variants of that story, very well, let's move on. What else of note has Pym been doing lately?

Yeah, no. Hank never acted like the lazy sexist jerk that comic portrays him as. And he hasn’t been doing anything lately because of all these character assassinations and retellings of his mental breakdown. Hank and Jan moved on from that incident years ago. If you can’t, I’m not sure why you’re even reading this thread.

Anyway,

IMG_5184.jpg

Does anyone know which comic this page is from? I really want to read it.

Anyway,

IMG_5184.jpg

That is from the beggining of Geoff Johns Avengers run, right after Kurt Busiek's. Avengers #57, if I'm not mistaken (Vol.3, I think?). It was the beggining of the World Trust arc. A lot of people didn't like much Geoff Johns run. I'm certainly not one of them.

Peace

From the pages I’ve seen, they make Hank look like a lazy, sexist jerk. He was totally out of character. Now I’m not exactly sure what the premise of Darkhold is. Maybe Jan’s memories just got twisted. But it doesn’t look good.

Also, Jan acted weak and defenseless, which is out of character for her, too.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    This is just a twisted story conjured by the Darkhold to corrupt and bring madness to those who read it. Hank is only acting like this because the Darkhold created a horrible version of him to corrupt Janet, ergo a backstory that made Janet turn to the dark.
    I hope you're right. But people don't understand it that way, unfortunately.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Anyway,

IMG_5184.jpg

This is kinda big because Jan doesn't say "I love you" often. She wants to hear it often though

But that was literally YEARS after their divorce. They had made up and moved on by then. I really liked the relationship they had, first in WCA (more friends with benefits at that point I think ) and then in Busiek's run.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That is from the beggining of Geoff Johns Avengers run, right after Kurt Busiek's. Avengers #57, if I'm not mistaken (Vol.3, I think?). It was the beggining of the World Trust arc. A lot of people didn't like much Geoff Johns run. I'm certainly not one of them.

Peace
    Completely understandable. However, seeing Jan & Hank working together and getting along with one another is a definite PLUS in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable. However, seeing Jan & Hank working together and getting along with one another is a definite PLUS in my book.

In mine too

Up until the very end, you could see that they at least still cared deeply for each other.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff