Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Many Faces of Dr. Henry Pym: Hank Pym Appreciation 2021

Happy 2021 to everyone!

Let's wish this year will finally see the return of Hank Pym! Almost six years is a very long time...!

Hank1.jpg

Hank4.jpg

Hank3.jpg
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 01-02-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

This one just for fun!

"You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Here's hoping the new year will be kind to poor Hank (T^T):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Here's hoping the new year will be kind to poor Hank (T^T):

Happy New Year Buddy!

We both love this Yellowjacket look. It just says Classic Hank.

Happy New Year, Hank .

May this year be a better one for you...

Any news of comic book Hank?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Any news of comic book Hank?
    None. Not even (shudder) Pymtron...

Nothing new for Pym, but Christos Gage stated that he'd like to write him again:
    Let's hope that Marvel let him pitch something, maybe whenever the next Ant-Man movie will be out.

https://twitter.com/Christosgage

Putting it out there: I want to write Hank Pym again. A middle aged guy who has fucked up more than once and never really lived up to his potential but is trying his damnedest to do better is a character I can relate to.
    And he would be GIANT SIZE.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Marvel cracks me up. They act like Hank is such a bad guy. They are the ones who made him the bad guy. Marvel is guilty not Hank. Hank is just a fictional character at the mercy of a writer. That would be great if Gage is given the chance to write and redeem the character.

I wish there were more people in the comics who cared for and were invested in Hank .

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, it's ridiculous that one of Marvel's oldest character going back to 1962 and a founding member of the Avengers is in comic book limbo this long. I think the best way to do it is a total relaunch of the character, give him a new set of powers and a new name....something that is not related to insects.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-12-2021 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, it's ridiculous that one of Marvel's oldest character going back to 1962 and a founding member of the Avengers is in comic book limbo this long.
    This kind of argument doesn't sit right with me. It's a bit like deference to tradition and by this logic, Fantastic Four shouldn't be shown to be bigger than Captain America and Namor who are as old as Marvel Comics get. Or that Red Skull should de facto be treated as a bigger threat than Doom as the older villain.

I think the best way to do it is a total relaunch of the character, give him a new set of powers and a new name....something that is not related to insects.
    This has happened before it didn't work.

Roy Thomas in his Avengers runs had Hank go through multiple character names and changes - GIANT MAN, GOLIATH,- and it never stuck and in fact that's what led to Hank being diminished gradually, it took him further away from how he was introduced and it gave the character an air of being a wannabe who was insecure and wanted attention and never got it. It's what set the road for "the Slap heard 'round the Marvel Universe".

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Marvel cracks me up. They act like Hank is such a bad guy. They are the ones who made him the bad guy. Marvel is guilty not Hank. Hank is just a fictional character at the mercy of a writer.
    Let's be more precise, Hank is a fictional character at the mercy of his writer's best and most defining stories. The best and most defining stories with Hank Pym is the one where he f--ked up his life, destroyed his marriage, quit being a superhero and became a cautionary tale for the superhero community. Before it was when he invented Ultron, the genocide robot with a seven digit body-count dwarving and exceeding the combined total of most villains Hank Pym or the Avengers have fought.

You need to do a Hank Pym redemption story that is qualitatively as necessary and defining as the one that (seemingly) made him toxic. That's a tall order.

​That would be great if Gage is given the chance to write and redeem the character.
    I doubt it. Gage is a solid workhorse but not someone with true transformative talent and to the extent there's a market for an old white male superhero to get a redemption story and pass, it's definitely not in today's age of #MeToo and the problematic yearning for white dudes to keep getting endless second chances.

Fundamentally, I don't think Hank Pym needs redemption. Let him wander around the Marvel Universe as a permanent cautionary tale, like the Ancient Mariner or like Cain, confessing his sins. A living testament and there's a limit beyond which redemption is possible or achievable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, it's ridiculous that one of Marvel's oldest character going back to 1962 and a founding member of the Avengers is in comic book limbo this long. I think the best way to do it is a total relaunch of the character, give him a new set of powers and a new name....something that is not related to insects.
    I want Hank back...but think after getting separated from Ultron Hank is going to need a long time to deal with stuff. His mental issues, the trauma he has been through, his guilt over things he has one as Pymtron....But Marvel could use that as lesson on dealing responsibly with mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I want Hank back...but think after getting separated from Ultron Hank is going to need a long time to deal with stuff. His mental issues, the trauma he has been through, his guilt over things he has one as Pymtron....But Marvel could use that as lesson on dealing responsibly with mental health issues.
    That is the most common scenario, yes.

OR......Hank could have overcome Ulton/Pymton by slowly dealing with everything and his mental stability is far stronger than it ever has been, so strong he was able to overcome the programming causing the separation back into himself. Yes, he would have trauma, but his time and ease in dealing with it would be much, much shorter due to his increased mental health, stability and strength.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!