Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of ironic considering how close Clint and Hank are in the comics.
    That's true. But then again, Hank was an Avenger, and not old enough to be Clint's dad. And Clint actually had a personality in the comics

Anyway, maybe if Hank knew SHIELD was corrupted, it would make more sense for him to turn on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm no fan of evil Hank Pym but for the sake of the plot and story I think it made sense and, honestly, was the most logical reason to see Hank in the Yellowjacket suit. I also didn't sense any malicious reasoning behind making it Hank (and it's not the main MCU Hank anyways).

That and I did get a kind of morbid fascination that the original MCU Avengers are dead if Hank Pym goes evil.
    Not a fan of evil Hank either. I honestly didn't see that coming... Maybe because I was sure Hank would be in the What if...? with the zombies and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    I still don’t really know what I think of it. I was very amused by the fact that it’s now canon to the mcu that Hank could defeat the Avengers, even as an old man. It makes me wonder why he couldn’t be in the final battle in Endgame. He would have ended Thanos for sure.

But I’m really not sure I like the idea that if his daughter died, all of Hank’s morality would go out the window. I guess I would be fine with Hank turning evil for a fun plot if his reputation wasn’t ruined already, but I feel like this episode is going to give the Hank haters more to feed off of. They’re already on Twitter going: “If you thought Hank was bad in What If, wait until you see what he did in the comics!” Cue the insert of the infamous comic panel. “But that’s not even the worst thing!” And then they post random panels from the Ultimates as if that’s canon. And these people are probably the reason why Marvel refuses to allow writers to bring Hank back in the comics.
    I'm with you on this, I'm not sure I know how I feel about the episode. I liked the voice acting (kinda surprised it was this good), not a fan of evil Hank though, and all that implies. I thought people on the Net would go wild with the inaccuracies about comics, which they probably haven't even read. Funnily enough, while I'm not on Twitter, I'm on Instagram, and I haven't seen one single panel referring to the comics so far. The trend there is that "Hank Pym is the strongest Avenger" I'll stick to that and ignore the rest.

Marvel should actually push forward writers to bring Hank back to show people he can actually be a great character. But that won't happen...
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Not a fan of evil Hank either. I honestly didn't see that coming... Maybe because I was sure Hank would be in the What if...? with the zombies and that's all.

I'm with you on this, I'm not sure I know how I feel about the episode. I liked the voice acting (kinda surprised it was this good), not a fan of evil Hank though, and all that implies. I thought people on the Net would go wild with the inaccuracies about comics, which they probably haven't even read. Funnily enough, while I'm not on Twitter, I'm on Instagram, and I haven't seen one single panel referring to the comics so far. The trend there is that "Hank Pym is the strongest Avenger" I'll stick to that and ignore the rest.

Marvel should actually push forward writers to bring Hank back to show people he can actually be a great character. But that won't happen...
    Actually, Hank is no longer the worst character anymore. Because there are other characters that are totally been assassinated/ completely butcher by the poor writing.

What did you guys think about the episode? Spoiler-less, of course
    I actually thought it was the best episode of the series, so far. However, considering that I thought the two previous episode pure shite (What If X was Y intead of Z, is such a poor use of the What If concept), that's not great praise.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Actually, Hank is no longer the worst character anymore. Because there are other characters that are totally been assassinated/ completely butcher by the poor writing.
    Poor writing is the only thing you can count on for Marvel to produce these days.

After seeing in this article that the Soul Gem make a reappearance, what do you think the odds are this may/might/possibly lead to a return of Hank? Considering he was last seen IN the Soul Stone and the upcoming Avengers 750th issue, seems like a good place to bring him back to the land of the living. That being said, and Marvel's history of crapping on Hank, if I'm Vegas, I'll take those odds...

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-annual-1-comic-review/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    After seeing in this article that the Soul Gem make a reappearance, what do you think the odds are this may/might/possibly lead to a return of Hank? Considering he was last seen IN the Soul Stone and the upcoming Avengers 750th issue, seems like a good place to bring him back to the land of the living. That being said, and Marvel's history of crapping on Hank, if I'm Vegas, I'll take those odds...

Maybe. Almost no one stays dead forever, but a lot of characters stay in limbo for a long time.

Not a fan of evil Hank either.

I know. This is sad for all of us Hank fans...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jason Aaron can keep his hands off Hank. I'd rather Hank stay dead for the time being than let Aaron get his fingers on him. Lately, Aaron has been the anti-Midas; everything he touches turns to ****.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

I'll go read the article, but I've been burned so many times before about Hank coming back only to be disappointed. The odds seem rather good, but as usual I won't be holding my breath. Like you said, with Marvel's history...

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Jason Aaron can keep his hands off Hank. I'd rather Hank stay dead for the time being than let Aaron get his fingers on him. Lately, Aaron has been the anti-Midas; everything he touches turns to ****.
    I'm with you on this. On the other hand, there was this thing with Christos Gage who said a while back that he would like to write Hank again... It was just talk, of course, but maybe he was testing the waters. Who knows.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see Hank back. With the third movie on the way it would be a good time to bring the character back.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would like to see Hank back. With the third movie on the way it would be a good time to bring the character back.
    True dat. It also gives them time to start a good story of bringing Hank back to his fans.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Well, just I thought Marvel Studios have shown the respect of Hank. But it turn out they use him as a plot driven in Marvel What If? series and everybody have grown to hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Well, just I thought Marvel Studios have shown the respect of Hank. But it turn out they use him as a plot driven in Marvel What If? series and everybody have grown to hate him.
    I'm sure it will be fine when we see Hank again in Quantamania...meanwhile in the comics we're still stuck with Pytmron .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    And presuming that there are some lasting effects from the Pymtron business, it could be interesting to see if Pym ends up with another new identity (Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Yellowjacket) to add to his repertoire. Something to do with cybernetic control, or a 'steel sting' sort of armored insect look, with a secondary adamantium suit that resembles a humanoid insect carapace, to draw off of his recent experiences?

(He should be able to regrow a physical body without the Ultron bits. His Pym particles have demonstrated the ability to morph into thousands of pounds of 'Pym' meat and bone and blood when he grows to sixty feet tall (and recreate a six foot Pym body every time he returns from ant-size to human size!), so he should be able to program them to 'grow' back into his original body without the unwanted cyborg parts.)