Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I dunno... I really don't think Hank was such a high rated scientist back in the days that the Red Room had its eyes on him. He started developping an interest in ant behavior after Maria died, if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think he was much into cybernetics at that point. His primary field of study was biochemistry. I also seem to recall Maria's father was also a scientist working in the US, and had also been killed (not sure at all about this, I'd have to re-read TTA).

In itself it could be a good story though
    Correct. Maria's father was killed in a suspicious, laboratory explosion (believed to be sabotage by the authorities): https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janos...ya_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. Maria's father was killed in a suspicious, laboratory explosion (believed to be sabotage by the authorities): https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janos...ya_(Earth-616)
    This may have been the cause/first time Henry experienced a mental/physical breakdown, leading the way for future episodes. So tragic.....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Correct. Maria's father was killed in a suspicious, laboratory explosion (believed to be sabotage by the authorities): https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janos...ya_(Earth-616)
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was remembering it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This may have been the cause/first time Henry experienced a mental/physical breakdown, leading the way for future episodes. So tragic.....
    I think you're right... poor Hank
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Hey, everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’ve been reading this thread, and I had to join to tell you that Future Revolution is amazing! Hank isn’t playable right now, but he has a huge role in the story. He acts more like his comic version than the mcu version. He does look a little older than most of the others (I guess so they can keep it open for Hope or Nadia to show up), but it’s the best version of Hank I’ve seen recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    Hey, everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’ve been reading this thread, and I had to join to tell you that Future Revolution is amazing! Hank isn’t playable right now, but he has a huge role in the story. He acts more like his comic version than the mcu version. He does look a little older than most of the others (I guess so they can keep it open for Hope or Nadia to show up), but it’s the best version of Hank I’ve seen recently.
    I think they also brought back Wally Wingert.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they also brought back Wally Wingert.
    Really? It sounded like him, but I wasn’t sure, and I can’t find the voice credits anywhere.

Really? It sounded like him, but I wasn’t sure, and I can’t find the voice credits anywhere.
    That's why I think it's him. MODOK sounds like his MODOK so with that in mind I think it's reasonable they have him playing Hank again.

That's nice to know! Not sure I like the design much (he's usually aesthetically more pleasing than that... ) but if the characterization is better, than that's a plus!

Oh, and... welcome aboard!!

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What did you guys think about the episode? Spoiler-less, of course

I thought it reminded me a bit of the What if...? story "What if Yellowjacket had died?" where Wasp went on a revenge spree and turned bad for a bit. I think she called herself Red Wasp or Black Wasp... can't really remember.

And I couldn't help but draw a parallel with Wanda and her "You took everything from me" bit.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I thought it reminded me a bit of the What if...? story "What if Yellowjacket had died?" where Wasp went on a revenge spree and turned bad for a bit. I think she called herself Red Wasp or Black Wasp... can't really remember.

And I couldn't help but draw a parallel with Wanda and her "You took everything from me" bit.
    I'm no fan of evil Hank Pym but for the sake of the plot and story I think it made sense and, honestly, was the most logical reason to see Hank in the Yellowjacket suit. I also didn't sense any malicious reasoning behind making it Hank (and it's not the main MCU Hank anyways).

That and I did get a kind of morbid fascination that the original MCU Avengers are dead if Hank Pym goes evil .

Yeah! It was definitely Black Wasp - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janet..._(Earth-82101)

I still don’t really know what I think of it. I was very amused by the fact that it’s now canon to the mcu that Hank could defeat the Avengers, even as an old man. It makes me wonder why he couldn’t be in the final battle in Endgame. He would have ended Thanos for sure.

But I’m really not sure I like the idea that if his daughter died, all of Hank’s morality would go out the window. I guess I would be fine with Hank turning evil for a fun plot if his reputation wasn’t ruined already, but I feel like this episode is going to give the Hank haters more to feed off of. They’re already on Twitter going: “If you thought Hank was bad in What If, wait until you see what he did in the comics!” Cue the insert of the infamous comic panel. “But that’s not even the worst thing!” And then they post random panels from the Ultimates as if that’s canon. And these people are probably the reason why Marvel refuses to allow writers to bring Hank back in the comics.

Ultimate Member

I can understand why he'd not like SHIELD considering SHIELD is a sketchy organization. Idk if he'd become completely evil, though

Killing off Hawkeye was good, though. It spares that timeline having to watch more Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can understand why he'd not like SHIELD considering SHIELD is a sketchy organization. Idk if he'd become completely evil, though

Killing off Hawkeye was good, though. It spares that timeline having to watch more Hawkeye
    Kind of ironic considering how close Clint and Hank are in the comics.