Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable. However, seeing Jan & Hank working together and getting along with one another is a definite PLUS in my book.

This looks awesome. I definitely have to read the Geoff Johns Avengers books.
    But yikes, he kinda doesn’t look okay. There’s red liquid pouring out of his hand. 😬

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    This looks awesome. I definitely have to read the Geoff Johns Avengers books.
    But yikes, he kinda doesn’t look okay. There’s red liquid pouring out of his hand. ��
    It's around the same time as the previous panel you posted, Avengers vol 3 #59. Yeah, that red liquid is blood... If I remember correctly, a bad guy had pinned him up like a bug, by the hands.

I don't know how much you have read so forgive me if you already know about my suggestions, but I highly recommend to read Busiek's run, which is vol. 3 up to 40-something. Number 19 to 22 is the Ultron Unlimited story arc, and it's a great read.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't know how much you have read so forgive me if you already know about my suggestions, but I highly recommend to read Busiek's run, which is vol. 3 up to 40-something. Number 19 to 22 is the Ultron Unlimited story arc, and it's a great read.
    Agreed. For what it's worth, I even enjoyed the "Duplicate Pym Saga"!

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-22-2021 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Agreed. For what it's worth, I even enjoyed the "Duplicate Pym Saga"!

Oh, that was good also I really liked it!

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Thanks for the recommendation! I wanted to read Busiek’s run, but I’ve been trying to figure out which books I should get to collect the whole thing. I’m kind of new to comics. I’ve read Tales to Astonish and some issues of the Avengers comics. I like West Coast Avengers and Mighty Avengers. I’ve been trying to find an efficient way to collect the important stories about Hank and Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation! I wanted to read Busiek’s run, but I’ve been trying to figure out which books I should get to collect the whole thing. I’m kind of new to comics. I’ve read Tales to Astonish and some issues of the Avengers comics. I like West Coast Avengers and Mighty Avengers. I’ve been trying to find an efficient way to collect the important stories about Hank and Jan.
    For Avengers and WCA, I'd Recommend the Marvel Epic Collections. There is still a lot of material to come out, but what already has will leave you busy for quite a while. Both, Busiek and Johns, have had their runs completely collected. I, for one, really love reading things in trades.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    After seeing in this article that the Soul Gem make a reappearance, what do you think the odds are this may/might/possibly lead to a return of Hank? Considering he was last seen IN the Soul Stone and the upcoming Avengers 750th issue, seems like a good place to bring him back to the land of the living. That being said, and Marvel's history of crapping on Hank, if I'm Vegas, I'll take those odds...

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-annual-1-comic-review/
    Anybody has any update about this? I couldn't find anything anywhere

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Glad to hear it. I was worried it wasn't well liked, since no one hardly ever mentions it...

Glad to hear it. I was worried it wasn't well liked, since no one hardly ever mentions it...

I’ve read that one. At first I thought the idea was strange, but it was actually really good. I like stories that are more psychological instead of just action the whole time.

It really was very good. I particularly liked how protective of Jan it showed Hank to be. It reenforces the idea that he really wasn't in his right mind when he hit her. Busiek really tried righting some wrongs done to the character. Too bad leater "edgy" creators prefered to ignore it.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 12-05-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It really was very good. I particularly liked how protective of Jan it showed Hank to be. It reenforces the idea that he really wasn't in his right mind when he hit her. Busiek really tried righting some wrongs done to the character. Too bad leater "edgy" creators prefered to ignore it.

Peace
    Kurt is a great writer. One of the best Marvel ever had. I wish he would take over writing the Avengers again. He would do Hank justice.

Astonishing Member

I feel current writers don't like tidy, happy endings -- so they had to dredge up ancient history. That's probably the biggest reason I am quitting modern comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Hard same .

Anybody has any update about this? I couldn't find anything anywhere
    It seems that "Infinite Destinies" must have been a flop, there was an ongoing story, and suddenly nothing else.

And no, nobody remembered that Pym is inside the Soul gem. The story with the soul gem was about a robot kid that wonders if robots have souls.

Mighty Member

Lets say Hank came back with another ability or an additional scientific gimmick to add to his arsenal, what would you give him?