Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    I’m really disappointed in what I’m hearing about Darkhold Wasp. I wanted to support Wasp’s first comic, which I’ve been waiting for for a long time. But I don’t support the Hank slander. Why do they keep dragging him through the mud to make an emotional story for Wasp? The characters had both moved on from the incident.
    How bad does it get? I admit I was pretty worried about it when I first head about the book.

From the pages I’ve seen, they make Hank look like a lazy, sexist jerk. He was totally out of character. Now I’m not exactly sure what the premise of Darkhold is. Maybe Jan’s memories just got twisted. But it doesn’t look good.

Also, Jan acted weak and defenseless, which is out of character for her, too.

From the pages I’ve seen, they make Hank look like a lazy, sexist jerk. He was totally out of character. Now I’m not exactly sure what the premise of Darkhold is. Maybe Jan’s memories just got twisted. But it doesn’t look good.

I hope it's the Darkhold just effecting her memories.

Extraordinary Member

Nailed it, No way this is how they think it happened in canon.It's weird even for darkhold

Also book has a lot of "males are pathetic, females sting" dialogue.Hank working and his trauma is portrayed as him being sexist and uncaring, it's all about how Jan deserves better than him.

They also acted like Hank was controlling, which really seems to come out of nowhere. Jan was in the relationship because she wanted to be. Hank never forced her to marry him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nailed it, No way this is how they think it happened in canon.It's weird even for darkhold

Also book has a lot of "males are pathetic, females sting" dialogue.Hank working and his trauma is portrayed as him being sexist and uncaring, it's all about how Jan deserves better than him.
    Sounds very...bitter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Wasn't he kinda questionable back then, though, like most male superheroes?
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 11-17-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Wasn't he kinda questionable back then, though, like most male superheroes?
    That’s the thing, though. All the superheroes have done questionable things, but Hank’s the one whose reputation keeps getting ruined. And he never acted like he does in this new comic. When he did questionable stuff, it was because he was having a mental breakdown. It wasn’t because he was lazy or sexist.

This is just a twisted story conjured by the Darkhold to corrupt and bring madness to those who read it. Hank is only acting like this because the Darkhold created a horrible version of him to corrupt Janet, ergo a backstory that made Janet turn to the dark.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    This is just a twisted story conjured by the Darkhold to corrupt and bring madness to those who read it. Hank is only acting like this because the Darkhold created a horrible version of him to corrupt Janet, ergo a backstory that made Janet turn to the dark.
    That sounds better...well, as far as not being real, not for what it does to Jan .

The preview pages paint an awful picture. Honestly, for both characters.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    My reaction after reading Darkhold Wasp

Ultiamte Hank was trash, admittedly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ultiamte Hank was trash, admittedly.
    Weren't most ultimate heroes, to varying extents?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Weren't most ultimate heroes, to varying extents?
    Not Captain America. The best superhero of the multiverse, ever. He's like a John McClane with superpowers. He kicks ass... and in Pym's case, that's literal.