Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Lets say Hank came back with another ability or an additional scientific gimmick to add to his arsenal, what would you give him?
    Gee, thats a tough one (for me).
    He's already got one of the best powersets. He's an omnidisciplinary genius, he can shrink/grow himself, he can shrink/grow other ppl and objects, he can "talk" to insects...

Maybe a variation on microscopic vision? The ability to look at someone/something down to the molecular level and see what makes them/it tick? That might be useful.

Either via his own eyes ("constant exposure to Pym Particles has altered my ocular lenses...") or a new invention ("hey check out these cool new goggles i made...").

Lets say Hank came back with another ability or an additional scientific gimmick to add to his arsenal, what would you give him?
    Instead of relying on his costume, I'd like to see Pym be able to generate powerful bio-electric blasts from his hands (similar to Jan's Wasp-Stings):

I rather he and Janet swap powersets temporarily.

Ultimate Member

Pym particles have almost unlimited potential.

Examples;

1) When he shrinks, his brain may become as small as a pinhead, but he retains his full-sized human intellect. This suggests that his *mind* still remains in connection with the greater percentage of his brain that has been shunted off into that extradimensional space where it goes when he shrinks. And if it works when he shrinks, it could *also* mean that the vastly bigger brain he grows when he expands to sixty feet tall might still remain available to him when he's only six feet tall, even if it's currently in another dimension. He's all normal sized, but has remote access to hundreds of pounds of extra brain, affording him superhuman processing power and memory storage capacity, almost like a human computer.

2) When he grows, he pulls in matter from another dimension and it automatically fills in the gaps and temporarily becomes muscle, bone, blood, etc. like the tissue around it. What if he learned to cause that matter to assemble outside of his own body, forming another identical Pym right next to him? Or a hundred other Pyms? Instant Madrox the Multiple Man, using the same exact power, only channeling the 'growth' in a different manner. Instead of making his one body bigger, he makes more bodies! Or in the reverse, he shrinks his physical dimensions *without* shunting matter off into his extradimensional space, becoming two, a dozen, even a thousand smaller versions of himself, a living swarm of wasp-sized Pyms, an army of Ant-Men. (Based on mass, doubling his height to twelve feet would octuple his weight, so if he increased his mass without increasing his actual size, he'd 'expand' into eight human-size duplicates instead of growing to 12' in height. Or instead of shrinking to 1/10th (action figure) size, he'd 'shrink sideways' into a hundred tiny Pyms!)

He's also got tons of other science in his corner, not just Pym particles.

For example, he's mastered the science behind mapping and transferring brain engrams (the sort of stuff the X-Men are toying around with on Krakoa with their Cerebro-brain-pattern-swapping resurrection protocols). That's pretty much mechanical telepathy right there, reading and recording and transferring data straight from human minds. Develop that further, and he's Marvel's first major non-mutant/non-magician telepath! "I just shot him with a download copy of my own brain patterns. It's currently inside him, fighting him for control of his own body. He'll be busy for a bit..."

Or he just do something easy, like use Pym particles to expand a flying ant to the size of a school bus and have his ant-kaiju (or a swarm of them!) go all Them! on some fool. Sort of a funky version of a 'summoner' archetype, using giant insects as attackers, or for utility / transport (a hundred car-sized giant ants would make short work of disaster clean-up or 'need lots of rocks cleared away fast' situations).

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather he and Janet swap powersets temporarily.
    That would be AWESOME! The return of Coipel & Giant Jan (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

It's a fun plot that could lead to Hank abd Janet reconciling. I don't need them to be lovers but them deciding to be friends again is fine.

I rather he stay with Tigra and raise William.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-12-2021 at 08:48 AM.

I like how Jan is talking to the folks .

I like the idea that the Pym particles work better for users who choose to either only grow (such as Bill Foster or Clint Barton) or only shrink (such as Jan, and, at first, Scott), and that Hank was the living exemple of the strain on the body and mind of those who did both, and why it should be avoided at all costs. I always thought that it made him unique being the only one whose body had adapted enough for him to safely do both. IMHO, it reenforced the idea that power alwas comes at a high cost.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I like the idea that the Pym particles work better for users who choose to either only grow (such as Bill Foster or Clint Barton) or only shrink (such as Jan, and, at first, Scott), and that Hank was the living exemple of the strain on the body and mind of those who did both, and why it should be avoided at all costs. I always thought that it made him unique being the only one whose body had adapted enough for him to safely do both. IMHO, it reenforced the idea that power alwas comes at a high cost.

Peace
    ^^^Well put!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I never thought of it like that

Instead of relying on his costume, I'd like to see Pym be able to generate powerful bio-electric blasts from his hands (similar to Jan's Wasp-Stings):
    YES!! I always wanted Hank to have real bio-blasts!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    YES!! I always wanted Hank to have real bio-blasts!
    Indeed. Along with Pym being able to generate them while under the guise of Yellowjacket!
    That would truly make it a worthwhile experience (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-13-2021 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Indeed. Along with Pym being able to generate them while under the guise of Yellowjacket!
    That would truly make it a worthwhile experience (IMHO):

^^^Wow, Hank needs to work on his trash talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    You can't really blame him. Prison jokes when you have just captured a criminal have always been bad jokes, no matter who tells them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I will give Hank a pass. Hank was not in his right mind when he was talking here. An experiment he was working on changed his personality into this more gritty "other" persona.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!