Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Always hated Millar's 'everybody is a jerk' "writing style".

Peace
    I know, right?! I read comics to escape from that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Oh, Samnee!! Great idea!!
    To the utmost, I agree! Samnee is definitely worth it (IMHO):

Samnee's Ant-Man design from Thor: The Mighty Avenger is probably my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It was mentioned in the Wasp series at Nadia's birthday party.

Attachment 110584
    Honestly I wanna make him a Young Avenger. He pastiches Beast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly I wanna make him a Young Avenger. He pastiches Beast.
    I would give the lad a few years...let him be a kid for a while. I really liked the 'half of my sister'

beyond_crew.jpg

I always liked this version of Hank for some reason. Granted, it was the Skrull version but we didn't know that at the time and he was well written.

I would give the lad a few years...let him be a kid for a while. I really liked the 'half of my sister'
    He's basically a toddler, I think. While I thought he looked cute in his little outfit, I hated the part that it was NEVER mentioned that Hank was his father, so to speak. To refer to Nadia as "half of his sister" without mentioning his father felt to me like beating around the bushes. It was bad enough that Nadia didn't take Hank's name (for somewhat foggy reasons meant only to align with the movie) but not to acknowkledge his fatherhood... I guess I would have been happy to just have someone say it out loud.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree! Samnee is definitely worth it (IMHO):
    I really liked the friendship Waid wrote between Hank and Matt in his runs. I always thought Hank needed friends outside the Avengers (even if at times, you gotta wonder if they really consider him their friend... ).

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    He's basically a toddler, I think. While I thought he looked cute in his little outfit, I hated the part that it was NEVER mentioned that Hank was his father, so to speak. To refer to Nadia as "half of his sister" without mentioning his father felt to me like beating around the bushes. It was bad enough that Nadia didn't take Hank's name (for somewhat foggy reasons meant only to align with the movie) but not to acknowkledge his fatherhood... I guess I would have been happy to just have someone say it out loud.
    Technically Hank is not William's father. His father is the Skrull who was mimicking Hank. But it is acknowledged in that issue of Wasp at Nadia's b-day party.

Technically Hank is not William's father. His father is the Skrull who was mimicking Hank. But it is acknowledged in that issue of Wasp at Nadia's b-day party.
    I know that, but genetically he's his father. If they acknowledge Nadia as William's half-sister, Hank has to be considered his father. You cannot be someone's sister if their father isn't your father.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Here's a question I have had about the Skrull impersonating Hank and others.....do we know how far back that happened? As in, when/what year were they abducted? Fairly recently or way back?

I was wondering if it were <<possible>> that it was the Skrull Impostor that hit Janet all those years ago and not the real Hank??
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Here's a question I have had about the Skrull impersonating Hank and others.....do we know how far back that happened? As in, when/what year were they abducted? Fairly recently or way back?

I was wondering if it were <<possible>> that it was the Skrull Impostor that hit Janet all those years ago and not the real Hank??
    No that was acknowledged, teased and debunked. The Skrulls themselves didn't like one of them impersonating a wife-beater.

Hank was replaced in-between the end of the Johns run and his reappearance in Bendis' Avengers book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    No that was acknowledged, teased and debunked. The Skrulls themselves didn't like one of them impersonating a wife-beater.
    ...I don't think they ever actually said that? I mean, the Hank Skrull was practically one of the MVP's of Secret Invasion in terms of helping the invasion.

Marvel can retcon whatever they want, it's just that most are perfectly happy to let Hank be tarred with that particular brush. I think it's awful to let that be done to a hero, and that it shows a lack of concern about the fans of said hero, but lots of writers are just like that, especially today.

Ultimate Member

It seems like many of the secondary Avengers are not being regularly or properly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hank was replaced in-between the end of the Johns run and his reappearance in Bendis' Avengers book.
    Darn it! That's just sad! All things considered, I really enjoyed seeing the return of Pym's Yellowjacket during this period (T^T):