Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Master Chief vs. The Mandalorian

Instead of Luke, MC arrives instead.

He must battle his way through all of the Dark Troopers but as an added twist, he must defeat Team Mando on the bridge as well.

He has standard loadouts (grenades, assault rifle and Cortana) but is free to scrounge star wars weapons as he goes.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mando has squishy bits.

Chief doesn't.

And given his strength, and speed, this is less a fight and more a bloodbath.

Why you gotta be mean like this Arby, I thought you turned over a new leaf.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mando has squishy bits.

Chief doesn't.

And given his strength, and speed, this is less a fight and more a bloodbath.

Why you gotta be mean like this Arby, I thought you turned over a new leaf.
    No no, it's a scenario! Not an arena 1v1 lol.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    No no, it's a scenario! Not an arena 1v1 lol.
    I mean... that makes it worse in a way, but I knew it was a scenario.

This is still a bloodbath
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean... that makes it worse in a way, but I knew it was a scenario.

This is still a bloodbath
    How do you figure?
    - big_adventure

How do you figure?
    Faster, stronger, more armored dude with weapons, vs not that.

Arx Inosaan

Like, to parse this a bit better...

You've basically dropped Master Chief into your standard Halo mission. Group of enemies with better tech (energy weapons) vs. Master Chief.

Dark Troopers and Co are your standard fare enemies (Grunts, jackals) with their light armor. Mando and crew are a Pair of Hunters, and an Elite or ten...

How does that scenario work out?

Arx Inosaan

Faster, stronger, more armored dude with weapons, vs not that.
    Are you reading the first post properly? Not being sassy. Genuinely confused.

This is Chief arriving instead of Luke at the end of season 2.

He has to fight the 30+ Dark Troopers plus Mando and his fire team on the bridge. It's not 1v1 against Din. That would be a stomp.

Edit: ok seen your new post. Sorry.
    - big_adventure

Are you reading the first post properly? Not being sassy. Genuinely confused.

This is Chief arriving instead of Luke at the end of season 2.

He has to fight the 30+ Dark Troopers plus Mando and his fire team on the bridge. It's not 1v1 against Din. That would be a stomp.

Edit: ok seen your new post. Sorry.
    Yea, I know.

I'm just saying this is hardly a new scenario for the Chief. I guess an argument could be made that he'd struggle if the Dark Troopers' armor can shrug off bullets or something but they shredded the Prometheans and he can easily get hands on one of their weapons so...

Arx Inosaan

Like, to parse this a bit better...

You've basically dropped Master Chief into your standard Halo mission. Group of enemies with better tech (energy weapons) vs. Master Chief.

Dark Troopers and Co are your standard fare enemies (Grunts, jackals) with their light armor. Mando and crew are a Pair of Hunters, and an Elite or ten...

How does that scenario work out?
    Well, Chief kicks the crap outta that but I'm at the same time not totally sure it's so equivalent.

For example, I think Dark Troopers are more durable and competent then Jackals and Grunts for starters.

I get what you are saying though.
    - big_adventure

Yea, I know.

I'm just saying this is hardly a new scenario for the Chief. I guess an argument could be made that he'd struggle if the Dark Troopers' armor can shrug off bullets or something but they shredded the Prometheans and he can easily get hands on one of their weapons so...
    They were mostly immune to their own blaster fire.
    - big_adventure

They were mostly immune to their own blaster fire.
    So he'd have to brute force it it bullets didn't work.

Honestly still not seeing him go down here barring some sort of something I'm missing.

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Didn't the Master Chief fell from space in Halo 3, or is my memory about that just wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Didn't the Master Chief fell from space in Halo 3, or is my memory about that just wrong?
    Yes. It knocked him for a loop but he eventually got up.
    - big_adventure

Yes. It knocked him for a loop but he eventually got up.
    And that's on the low end of things he walks off.

Arx Inosaan