Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    And that's on the low end of things he walks off.
    I always viewed his various big drops as just about his upper limit personally.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I always viewed his various big drops as just about his upper limit personally.
    Eh, it's a thing most Spartan can do (with some injury) and he has a better suit.

More impressive is him ignoring blows from Locke, I'd say.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So, the best Spartan II super soldier, whom without his armor is already super human in several categories, which are enhanced by his armor, has faced entire space stations and ships full of enemies (and often by himself), easily adapts to new situations and weapons, and his armor comes with shields that are constantly on. Hampering damage that can be done.

Physically, the Chief and other Spartans, individually, can flip a Scorpion Battle Tank completely if its upside down, but often had to fight Elites and Brutes, which are not only bigger than the Spartans, but stronger. To say nothing of the Hunters.

Eh, it's a thing most Spartan can do (with some injury) and he has a better suit.

More impressive is him ignoring blows from Locke, I'd say.
    "Ignore" might be too strong a word.

He got dropped to 1 knee and his visor cracked. Him rallying and smashing Locke right after doesn't change that those hits were registering.

I hate that fight scene btw. They had this opportunity to demonstrate the vast gulf between an illegally created war crime soldier and an adult volunteer soldier but instead went with the "Locke is pretty cool too!" angle. Bleh.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, the best Spartan II super soldier, whom without his armor is already super human in several categories, which are enhanced by his armor, has faced entire space stations and ships full of enemies (and often by himself), easily adapts to new situations and weapons, and his armor comes with shields that are constantly on. Hampering damage that can be done.

Physically, the Chief and other Spartans, individually, can flip a Scorpion Battle Tank completely if its upside down, but often had to fight Elites and Brutes, which are not only bigger than the Spartans, but stronger. To say nothing of the Hunters.
    Gets kinda crazy with the Spartan-IV, what with them headbutt-boosting their way through solid stone walls meters thick; and flipping Wraith with the concussion of their punches.

"Ignore" might be too strong a word.

He got dropped to 1 knee and his visor cracked. Him rallying and smashing Locke right after doesn't change that those hits were registering.

I hate that fight scene btw. They had this opportunity to demonstrate the vast gulf between an illegally created war crime soldier and an adult volunteer soldier but instead went with the "Locke is pretty cool too!" angle. Bleh.
    Had to rewatch that clip.

My memory of it was definitely off, so I'll concede the point.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 01-02-2021 at 05:43 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Gets kinda crazy with the Spartan-IV, what with them headbutt-boosting their way through solid stone walls meters thick; and flipping Wraith with the concussion of their punches.
    That opening scene of H5 did wonders for Spartans on Rumbles haha
    - big_adventure

That opening scene of H5 did wonders for Spartans on Rumbles haha
    I think it triggered a few folks, but yea. It gave them more concrete (haha) feats to work with.

Arx Inosaan

Rewatching that fight...

I'm kinda fine with it. Locke is trying his hardest to put Chief down/stunlock him with the disc, and the best he manages to do to a Spartan-II (implied to be inferior versions) is break his visor.

Arx Inosaan

Rewatching that fight...

I'm kinda fine with it. Locke is trying his hardest to put Chief down/stunlock him with the disc, and the best he manages to do to a Spartan-II (implied to be inferior versions) is break his visor.
    Mileage may vary which is totally cool.

Frank O Connor once said that comparing their suits was unfair to Chief. He said his suit was more like an A10 Warthog and Locke is rocking an F22 model lol. Big technology gap.

Just too me, while the armor may be inferior, Chief himself should have every other conceivable advantage. Genetic screening for peak human qualities. Illegally conscripted and forged since 6 years old in a non stop hellish training atmosphere. A career super soldier who's been fighting Covenant since he was 14.

The dude was cooked up in a lab by a mad scientist who broke every rule lol. I feel like that + his absurd experience should have made Locke look downright foolish in comparison. Personal opinion.
    - big_adventure

I don't know if the Mando crew has enough here. They are really good, but Master Cheif is on another level. He'd take multiple blaster bolts, easily. With his speed he'd be able to hitting most opponents first. I'd say he could even take them down with Luke on their side.

Mileage may vary which is totally cool.

Frank O Connor once said that comparing their suits was unfair to Chief. He said his suit was more like an A10 Warthog and Locke is rocking an F22 model lol. Big technology gap.

Just too me, while the armor may be inferior, Chief himself should have every other conceivable advantage. Genetic screening for peak human qualities. Illegally conscripted and forged since 6 years old in a non stop hellish training atmosphere. A career super soldier who's been fighting Covenant since he was 14.

The dude was cooked up in a lab by a mad scientist who broke every rule lol. I feel like that + his absurd experience should have made Locke look downright foolish in comparison. Personal opinion.
    So I guess my point was that he did make Locke look foolish. The skill gap was pretty plain, especially after Locke caught the fist... only for Chief to knock his ass for a loop for holding on.

Basically, you had a guy trying his damndest to stop someone in inferior armor who was still essentially suffering from a mental breakdown, and he couldn't.

Arx Inosaan

So I guess my point was that he did make Locke look foolish. The skill gap was pretty plain, especially after Locke caught the fist... only for Chief to knock his ass for a loop for holding on.

Basically, you had a guy trying his damndest to stop someone in inferior armor who was still essentially suffering from a mental breakdown, and he couldn't.
    Maybe I need to watch it again. Its been literally a year.
    - big_adventure

Spectacular Member

I will give that fight one, and only one, thing; When it starts, Master Chief grabs Locke's rifle by the barrel and shatters it against his face. The rest of it was a disappointment, but damn if that bit ain't cool.

i think anyone that can comfortably beat all those dark troopers will also comfortably kill the mando team since it's heavily implied that the mando team was going to get wrecked by said dark troopers anyway.