Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

While I think it was the right decision for the MCU to make Sam Wilson Captain America, and I do love how so many audience members have fully embraced him as Captain America, in my heart of hearts I still wish Bucky would have also been made Captain America in the films. I was actually really hoping the end of the Falcon and Winter Soldier had them both be Captain America, which was a longshot for me, but I wanted to hope! Is there really no room in the MCU for two Caps?

On that note, I loved Bucky as Cap in the comics too. In fact, he was Cap when I was just getting into comics, so there's a lot of nostalgia for me there. I'm someone who believes the UNITED STATES OF CAPTAIN AMERICA mini-series will end with Sam being Captain America again (or at least a version of his Cap suit). Even though it would be clearly be done to be synergized with the movies, I think it makes sense and I would openly welcome it. I'm totally fine with more than one character sharing a codename, in fact, I strongly advocate that. With that said, if Sam can be Captain America again, then I would also want Bucky to be one. The mini-series is setting up multiple Captain America's throughout the USA. If the series is already introducing a host of Captains, then it's only fair that Bucky becomes one again.

Again, probably a long shot since Bucky as the Winter Soldier is a very viable brand, but come on Marvel! Those Bucky as Captain America are some of the best Marvel stories post-2000, and we all know it. Sam being Captain America is also very important, I get that, but I just want a bone thrown to us Bucky as Cap fans.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    While I think it was the right decision for the MCU to make Sam Wilson Captain America, and I do love how so many audience members have fully embraced him as Captain America, in my heart of hearts I still wish Bucky would have also been made Captain America in the films. I was actually really hoping the end of the Falcon and Winter Soldier had them both be Captain America, which was a longshot for me, but I wanted to hope! Is there really no room in the MCU for two Caps?

On that note, I loved Bucky as Cap in the comics too. In fact, he was Cap when I was just getting into comics, so there's a lot of nostalgia for me there. I'm someone who believes the UNITED STATES OF CAPTAIN AMERICA mini-series will end with Sam being Captain America again (or at least a version of his Cap suit). Even though it would be clearly be done to be synergized with the movies, I think it makes sense and I would openly welcome it. I'm totally fine with more than one character sharing a codename, in fact, I strongly advocate that. With that said, if Sam can be Captain America again, then I would also want Bucky to be one. The mini-series is setting up multiple Captain America's throughout the USA. If the series is already introducing a host of Captains, then it's only fair that Bucky becomes one again.

Again, probably a long shot since Bucky as the Winter Soldier is a very viable brand, but come on Marvel! Those Bucky as Captain America are some of the best Marvel stories post-2000, and we all know it. Sam being Captain America is also very important, I get that, but I just want a bone thrown to us Bucky as Cap fans.
    I'm also a fan of Bucky as Cap and would've liked to have seen it on-screen, but I understand why they did it the way they did.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post

Wow, very well said!

As long as they don't kill Steve or make Stevil again lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Wow, very well said!

As long as they don't kill Steve or make Stevil again lol.
    My theory with the United States of Captain America mini is that it's going to make Steve realized that there have been multiple Caps throughout the USA, and possibly establish a new initiative where there all these Caps can exist at the same time. I think he will be Captain concurrent with the other Caps running around, with Sam probably being one of them.

I've written about this before, but I really do believe the purpose of the mini is to reestablish Sam as Cap again. In general, I think it was a mistake for Sam to lose that title in the first place (I also felt the same for Bucky as Cap during Fear Itself). I think Marvel is getting used to the idea of more than one hero taking the same codename, evident by the two Spider-Mans. They also seem to be course-correcting some of their recent decisions on Legacy characters - for example, they pretty much took away the Wolverine title from Laura just because the original Wolverine came back. Now they are both called Wolverine in Hickman's X-Men, and I am all for it.

However, I don't know where that'll leave Bucky in the end. I'm all for three Caps existing at the same time, in fact, I'm begging Marvel to do it. With that said, three may be seen as too much. On that note, I don't think the new Caps they'll be making for mini will go away after the series is done, I feel like Marvel will have bigger plans for some. So either way, I think there will be more than one Captain America running around at the end of the mini, so in my mind, it makes sense for Bucky to be one of them. But he is pretty marketable as the Winter Soldier, so I don't know if Marvel wants to change that. I'm still allowing myself to hope, and in the end, maybe everyone will walk away happy.

I don't think the series is going to change much other than putting the Caps in their costume and introducing different Caps. Like, they'll exist, but it probably won't impact the next Captain America solo.

20210421_103217.jpg
    I love this outfit for Bucky, I just wish they'd give him short hair and ditch the red star on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    20210421_103217.jpg
    I love this outfit for Bucky, I just wish they'd give him short hair and ditch the red star on his arm.
    The quintessential Bucky look .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The quintessential Bucky look .
    I think so, too. If they can't come up with a better insignia, then I believe the Red Star on the arm should be kept.

Marvel has to write an Man On The Wall Special One-Shot with Barnes, Unseen, SWORD, Returned Uatu, etc. with DEFINITIVE CLOSURE and end to that whole DEBACLED CONCEPT!

bucky1.jpg
    bucky2.jpg

Some more Bucky art from the 2020 Black Widow comics.

All-New Member

I gotta say, I am definitely on team "long-haired Bucky" if I had to choose a side. I've always thought it looked cool. Plus, there just aren't many Marvel dudes with long hair. Someone's gotta rep some gorgeous locks.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffinFlop View Post
    I gotta say, I am definitely on team "long-haired Bucky" if I had to choose a side. I've always thought it looked cool. Plus, there just aren't many Marvel dudes with long hair. Someone's gotta rep some gorgeous locks.
    I know, right?! But, don't forget the golden tresses of The Mighty Thor (LOL):

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoffinFlop View Post
    I def. agree with you

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I've purchased Kyle Higgins' Winter Soldier (2018) mini on Comixology... an excellent story with superb art!
    Actually I wanted to buy the hard copy version but it's out of stock
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I've purchased Kyle Higgins' Winter Soldier (2018) mini on Comixology... an excellent story with superb art!
    Actually I wanted to buy the hard copy version but it's out of stock
    Yeah, that's a great story. Artwork is gorgeous, too. Wish it got to last longer.