Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

Any Bucky news for the future? Don't see him in any solicit

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Any Bucky news for the future? Don't see him in any solicit
    He is currently in Cantwell's The United States Of Captain America mini - more precisely, he appears in issue #3 & will probably appear in #4 & #5.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Spectacular Member

Makes me pretty sad my favorite character went from an A lister, to a B and now seems to be a C.

Marvel doesn't know what to do with him. Doesn't help he and Falcon were a waste in Coates Captain America run.

He's supposed to be in the next arc of Black Widow. And he had a cameo in the first It's Jeff infinity comic issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some AU version of him in Avengers Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    He's supposed to be in the next arc of Black Widow. And he had a cameo in the first It's Jeff infinity comic issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some AU version of him in Avengers Forever.
    Bucky also appears in the very first arc of the current Black Widow run. It's a pretty great comic book run, I can highly recommend it! However... by the end of the first arc I had a bittersweet feeling... Bucky had a prominent role in it, but it looked like he sorta became desperate for a happily-living-together-forever relationship with Natasha. I don't wanna spoil the end of the first arc of BW, but I genuinely think it's time for Bucky to get over Natasha. Please Marvel let him enjoy life!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Spectacular Member

marvel-devils-reign-winter-soldier-1.jpg
    marvel-devils-reign-winter-soldier-2_0.jpg

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...mics-event?amp

"Chip and Marco's Daredevil has been one of our favorite books on the shelves since its debut, so of course the Hivemind is deeply excited to be contributing to its culmination in Devil's Reign,” Lanzing said in a statement to SYFY WIRE. “Kingpin has never been a more terrifying villain than he is right now - which lets Collin, Nico and I go all-out with a shadow-soaked showdown between Fisk and one of the few fighters alive who might be able to stand against him: Bucky Barnes.”

Kelly noted that, though Bucky is obviously a hero now, he still has decades upon decades of a dark past — with plenty of corners that have yet to be explored. With Devil’s Reign, he noted they have a chance to shine a light on how that past impacts Bucky and drives him toward what’s next. He also teased a looming face-off between Bucky and the Kingpin.

“Just because Bucky's Winter Soldier conditioning was broken by the cosmic cube, doesn't mean he has unraveled all of the secrets of his past,” Kelly told SYFY WIRE in a statement. “When Bucky's quest for those secrets turns the corner to obsession, he'll begin to lose his grip on the waking world... and will find himself at Gracie Mansion, Fisk's home, with a single minded intention: to take back his past. At all costs.”

Marve Comics’ six-part Devil’s Reign event kicks off in December, and look for plenty of tie-ins and fallout to come — including Devil’s Reign: Winter Soldier — at the end of this year and beyond.

marvel-devils-reign-winter-soldier-1.jpg
    marvel-devils-reign-winter-soldier-2_0.jpg

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...mics-event?amp

"Chip and Marco's Daredevil has been one of our favorite books on the shelves since its debut, so of course the Hivemind is deeply excited to be contributing to its culmination in Devil's Reign,” Lanzing said in a statement to SYFY WIRE. “Kingpin has never been a more terrifying villain than he is right now - which lets Collin, Nico and I go all-out with a shadow-soaked showdown between Fisk and one of the few fighters alive who might be able to stand against him: Bucky Barnes.”

Kelly noted that, though Bucky is obviously a hero now, he still has decades upon decades of a dark past — with plenty of corners that have yet to be explored. With Devil’s Reign, he noted they have a chance to shine a light on how that past impacts Bucky and drives him toward what’s next. He also teased a looming face-off between Bucky and the Kingpin.

“Just because Bucky's Winter Soldier conditioning was broken by the cosmic cube, doesn't mean he has unraveled all of the secrets of his past,” Kelly told SYFY WIRE in a statement. “When Bucky's quest for those secrets turns the corner to obsession, he'll begin to lose his grip on the waking world... and will find himself at Gracie Mansion, Fisk's home, with a single minded intention: to take back his past. At all costs.”

Marve Comics’ six-part Devil’s Reign event kicks off in December, and look for plenty of tie-ins and fallout to come — including Devil’s Reign: Winter Soldier — at the end of this year and beyond.
    Thanks for posting this!!! I missed this announcement somehow...

I have no words how excited I am now I've never thought that Bucky could be tied-in into a Daredevil event. BTW what kind of secrets Fisk may know from Bucky's past? Hopefully it won't be a long lost sister

Reminder that Bucky appears in #5 of The United States Of Captain America mini published today. Nothing spectular there (punching some Nazi idiots), but Bucky wears his Cap suit again

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Reminder that Bucky appears in #5 of The United States Of Captain America mini published today. Nothing spectular there (punching some Nazi idiots), but Bucky wears his Cap suit again
    It would've been unfair if Sam got to dust off his suit and Bucky didn't .

Bucky appears in next week's Black Widow #12 😁:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blac...g-person-then/

Hopefully, by the end of this arc/Thompson's BW run, Marvel will finally decide whether Nat can keep her son & baby daddy, or have Bucky in an infinitely long on-again, off-again relationship.

Again, I'm not against Nat/Bucky, but in this run, Nat is given a perfect opportunity to develop as a character. Then maybe Bucky could also have other characters as potential love interests & could go in a new direction.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Bucky appears in next week's Black Widow #12 ��:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blac...g-person-then/

Hopefully, by the end of this arc/Thompson's BW run, Marvel will finally decide whether Nat can keep her son & baby daddy, or have Bucky in an infinitely long on-again, off-again relationship.

Again, I'm not against Nat/Bucky, but in this run, Nat is given a perfect opportunity to develop as a character. Then maybe Bucky could also have other characters as potential love interests & could go in a new direction.
    The relationship she would have with her fake husband is bizarre because none of it really happened. It's a programmed story. But her child is important as there's not expected fake history behind raising a child from the beginning of their life.

I think her ending up with her fake husband is just wrong on so many levels. Look how wrong it was for Carol Denver's to be brainwashed and married. There are several articles about what happened to Carol and this is very similar to Natasha.

At least the fake James is not a supervillain or the manipulator. But it doesn't teach us that relationships are earned through real life experiences. Not programmed into our heads.

I like her with Bucky but at the end of this run, I don't think they can be together and not for awhile or ever I guess which I am fine with. But I don't like the idea that people can just have an programmed fake relationships and then live happily ever after since those feelings aren't your choice, it's a choice someone fed into you.

Ya, its complicated from both perspectives. Nat fell in love with a fantasy clearly based on him, but yet still not him. They both have to have mixed emotions on that. It'd be interesting to see Bucky express his more.

The relationship she would have with her fake husband is bizarre because none of it really happened. It's a programmed story. But her child is important as there's not expected fake history behind raising a child from the beginning of their life.

I think her ending up with her fake husband is just wrong on so many levels. Look how wrong it was for Carol Denver's to be brainwashed and married. There are several articles about what happened to Carol and this is very similar to Natasha.

At least the fake James is not a supervillain or the manipulator. But it doesn't teach us that relationships are earned through real life experiences. Not programmed into our heads.

I like her with Bucky but at the end of this run, I don't think they can be together and not for awhile or ever I guess which I am fine with. But I don't like the idea that people can just have an programmed fake relationships and then live happily ever after since those feelings aren't your choice, it's a choice someone fed into you.
    Well, based on the flashbacks and even what Natasha said to Bucky this past issue, I don't think she misses the guy so much as the baby. And she's gone back to calling Bucky James again, which kind of indicates that he's not competing for space in her head.

He is schedule for a one shot during the Devil's Reign mini-series.