Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That personal force field isn't a thing though, is it?
    I don't think it has been referenced for a couple decades, no.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't think it has been referenced for a couple decades, no.
    That's what I thought. That was a weird Bryne thing, right?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's what I thought. That was a weird Bryne thing, right?
    There was a period in the 80s and 90s where they were trying to come up with scientific explanations for all superpowers. Superman wasn't strong and tough. He had a subconsciously created mental force-field and telekinetic powers.

Most people didn't even buy into that explanation back then, although it did provide inspiration for the 90s Superboy.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There was a period in the 80s and 90s where they were trying to come up with scientific explanations for all superpowers. Superman wasn't strong and tough. He had a subconsciously created mental force-field and telekinetic powers.

Most people didn't even buy into that explanation back then, although it did provide inspiration for the 90s Superboy.
    I remember it - I was simply pointing out that it hasn't been part of his explanation for decades.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Hmmm. Okay. Well, if the personal force field isn't a thing, I guess It's whether or not the an't can grip something while climbing superman. Because It's not strong enough to pierce or even bend his skin. It could end up looking pretty funny if with all that speed it's still defeated by gravity. Though I guess gravity is too slow to effect it.

Query: Would the ant even be able to fit through Clark's ear or nose?