Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Composite STACKED Ant VS Superman

Composite of all ants on Earth.
    VS

Current Superman

I uh... Million Billion Ant-Man is probably gonna rip Superman in half like a phone book.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I uh... Million Billion Ant-Man is probably gonna rip Superman in half like a phone book.
    Would it? This seems a lot weaker than Jupiter Gorilla. This isn't the Earth's weight in ants, it is all the ants on Earth. Which is a lot of ants but like... Could every ant on the planet pooled into one move the planet? A little cursory googling says there is less than 100 billion pounds of ants on the planets. Even if they can lift 50 times their body weight (a generous estimation only true of certain ants) we are still huge orders of magnitudes below the weight of the planet.

Now, the ant's speed is probably going to be nuts, maybe capable of blitzing Superman, but I am honestly not sure they can hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Would it? This seems a lot weaker than Jupiter Gorilla. This isn't the Earth's weight in ants, it is all the ants on Earth. Which is a lot of ants but like... Could every ant on the planet pooled into one move the planet? A little cursory googling says there is less than 100 billion pounds of ants on the planets. Even if they can lift 50 times their body weight (a generous estimation only true of certain ants) we are still huge orders of magnitudes below the weight of the planet.

Now, the ant's speed is probably going to be nuts, maybe capable of blitzing Superman, but I am honestly not sure they can hurt him.
    Back in 2014 they pegged it at something around 3400-5000 times before their body actually couldn't handle the load, specifically the neck. So... it's a bit more than 50.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Also taking your average red ant, you're looking at a weight of 1 to 5 mg. Lowballing an average at like, 2mg, say; you're looking at 4.40924524 x 10 to the 11th pounds with one million billion ants on the planet. Which is like, uh... 2.2 million tons give or take.

Even using the 50x estimate, you've got a super speed ant capable of hefting around 100 million tons.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also taking your average red ant, you're looking at a weight of 1 to 5 mg. Lowballing an average at like, 2mg, say; you're looking at 4.40924524 x 10 to the 11th pounds with one million billion ants on the planet. Which is like, uh... 2.2 million tons give or take.

Even using the 50x estimate, you've got a super speed ant capable of hefting around 100 million tons.
    Isnt 100 million tons like way way below Superman's level?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well, Ben Grimm is what, Class 80? One of his best trucked around feat is compressing a future skyscraper into a sword and swinging it around.

Regular skyscraper weighs about 350,000 tons. So...

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yes, exactly. You are comparing

To

That's the weight of the earth and benching that isn't even a taxing workout for modern Supes.

Fantastic Member

The ant's speed to me is probably it's only hope. I just have an image of the ant going straight into Superman's earlobe and trying to cause vertigo. Even then, Superman has way too many ways of taking the ant out.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    The ant's speed to me is probably it's only hope. I just have an image of the ant going straight into Superman's earlobe and trying to cause vertigo. Even then, Superman has way too many ways of taking the ant out.
    Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how to calculate ant speed vs light speed, but I have an easier time imagining the ant crossing that threshold than planet benching.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Travel speed: the fastest ant in the world can run about 1 meter per second (this is the equivalent of a human running over 500 km/h or 360mph. There are about one quadrillion ants in the world, so, if we allow for the fastest ant to count as the multiple for the comp, we're talking one quadrillion meters per second, which is one trillion km per second, which is over 3.3 MILLION times the speed of light. That is vastly faster than even Rebirth Superman, from any feats I've heard about.

And given that this is running, which translates on rumbles pretty well for reaction time because you have to avoid obstacles, even if we penalize comp-o-ant a factor of a hundred, he's still looking at reaction speed in the tens of thousands of times FTL range. Again, this is stupidly faster than anything I've heard proposed for Rebirth Supes.

I don't know if Comp-O-Ant can HURT Clark, but Clark is going to be frozen in place relatively to the ant. Maybe the ant wins when Clark dies of old age, as the ant is going to have a lifespan of AT THE VERY LEAST several quadrillion days (the ants with the shortest lifespans are in the "several days" range, the longest live over 10 years), which means "well after the heat death of the universe."
    Last edited by big_adventure; 01-14-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how to calculate ant speed vs light speed, but I have an easier time imagining the ant crossing that threshold than planet benching.
    Planet benching sounds like an impressive feat, but to an onlooker, it would seem just like an ordinary pushup.

Do ants have really good and accurate jumping abilities? Because I am not sure how it climbs up Superman otherwise. Superman’s personal forcefield should block it from being able to dig in, and though this is comics, I’d question whether speed alone is able to defy gravity to the orders of magnitude the ant would. It would belike a normal human running straight up Mount Everest.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Do ants have really good and accurate jumping abilities? Because I am not sure how it climbs up Superman otherwise. Superman’s personal forcefield should block it from being able to dig in, and though this is comics, I’d question whether speed alone is able to defy gravity to the orders of magnitude the ant would. It would belike a normal human running straight up Mount Everest.
    That personal force field isn't a thing though, is it?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan