During the last 100 issues of "Amazing Spider-Man", we had an official introduction of the Isotope Genome Accelerator; the machine that technically created Spider-Man. It was this device that irradiated the spider that bit Peter Parker (and Cindy Moon) and turned him into Spider-Man (and Cindy Moon into Silk). It's main functions are:

+ According to Curt Connors, the device was made to transmute characteristics from one organism to another. (That's how the spider transfered its abilities into Peter and Cindy).
+ Ranging from genetic recoding from radiation, to split personas of the same person.

Well, I think I see a lot of potential for this machine to cause some "issues" in the future. Recently, it separated Peter Parker from Spider-Man, but the process was inverted. More recently, it was used to separate Curt Connors from the Lizard, and until now, they still are. So, what other things do you think this machine could cause? Because I have some creepy ideas:

+ If Connors and the Lizard are separated for good, then we could see the same with other character who have a Jekyll and Hyde situation. Like John Jameson as the Man-Wolf.
+ If Norman Osborn becomes the Green Goblin again, which I bet he will, this machine could be used to separate the Goblin from Osborn once again.
+ If the Moon Knight if caught by this machine, it could separate ALL his personalities at once, which could be "creepy-cool".
+ Finally, if the machine can split personas of the same person, who says it can't do the opposite and merge two persons together? I have ONE possibility: Mary Jane and the Black Cat.

What do you think?