Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love this (maybe, in part, because I'm a Batman fan) because it shows a modified version of 616 Gwen has it in her to make a difference, be a good person. Far too often, IMO, Gwen Stacy gets portrayed by certain fan groups of Spider-Man who think they know it all as "useless", "worthless", and even, yes, a "bad person at heart". I'll never understand this view of a character who was shelved long before the age of secondary characters, much less love interests, receiving meaningful development.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I love this (maybe, in part, because I'm a Batman fan) because it shows a modified version of 616 Gwen has it in her to make a difference, be a good person. Far too often, IMO, Gwen Stacy gets portrayed by certain fan groups of Spider-Man who think they know it all as "useless", "worthless", and even, yes, a "bad person at heart". I'll never understand this view of a character who was shelved long before the age of secondary characters, much less love interests, receiving meaningful development.
    People who say Gwen is a "bad" character are usually ones who read the earlier comics with her and not the present day iterations of past events and SP.

People who say Gwen is a "good" character are usually ones who read present day iteration of events like Spider-man:Blue which makes their relationship much greater than it actually was(still a banger comic) and TASM.

Both SP and TASM should not be considered since both are out of character.SP needs no proof of this and was tampered with heavily in editorial to change the entire story and TASM Gwen is very similar to 1610 and a bit of 616 MJ.Their are many parallels of this.

Gwen to me is meh.I like her enough.

The problem with this comic is A)Another Gwen iteration with no real purpose
    B)Gwen is very much out of character and everything that made her "Gwen" in 616 is replaced.
    C)Every guy is written horribly.The comic has a clear agenda and they are not subtle about it.Every character from the leads
    (Gwen,Flash,Jackal,Etc.) to a random person with one line(Gwen's mom,Cage and his workers, the guys hitting on
    Gwen, Bullseye, Etc) are written with a very specific mindset.It is shoved down your throat.
    D)The stuff with Jackal and Flash is creepy enough in concept.It's execution is even worse.Seriously when Flash said "every scar" and shows Gwen in a swimsuit I had
    to put the comic down.
    E)The dialogue is meh at best and bad at worst.
    F)No growth in character or meaningful arc.Others one-shots like Shutterbug and the one with Matt and Luke had an arc.Even the recent Savage Squadron has one.
    G)No relevance to overall story
    The rest are in my previous post.

Their are ways to show a good version of Gwen Stacy.Like the one from Zdarsky's(I think) time travel arc.We saw a Gwen helping out to make a world a better place.
    A Gwen Stacy who is just a doc at Ravencroft would have been much more impactful imo.Have her help someone who is being stalked and/or attacked by the Jackal.Gwen can contact Misty Knight who can bring the Bad guy in.Gwen helps the woman work through her trauma.Or ditch the entire Jackal thing and do something else entirely.Maybe have her father being old and living with her.Someone who makes a difference without violence in the MU will always have a bigger impact.Also for a Doc she really doesn't do much of helping patients.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-09-2021 at 12:19 PM.

I almost thought that was an official comic cover until I noticed the artist links at the bottom.

But knowing Marvel I could see them do this...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That's an...interesting art piece.

Astonishing Member

I really can't wait! When are they going to show us what happened to Earth-65's Mary Jane after she became Carnage? Personally, I expect something like what happened to MJ in "Ultimate Spider-Man", that after being "Queen Carnage", she became "Ultimate Spider-Woman". But I really want this cliffhanger from "King in Black" solved.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really can't wait! When are they going to show us what happened to Earth-65's Mary Jane after she became Carnage? Personally, I expect something like what happened to MJ in "Ultimate Spider-Man", that after being "Queen Carnage", she became "Ultimate Spider-Woman". But I really want this cliffhanger from "King in Black" solved.
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Does Gwen even have a solo greenlit? If not I expect we'll be waiting for a while yet for this to be resolved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Does Gwen even have a solo greenlit? If not I expect we'll be waiting for a while yet for this to be resolved.
    Probably will get one near ITSV 2.I really hope they don't do the Miles relationship.
    Her solo stories in her home-world were always decent to great.

She might get another mini, although I'm not sure if even that is guaranteed.

Maybe Marvel should give the Batman Urban Legends format a try? That comic contains four stories, some are one-offs, others are multi-parters. Can you imagine maybe having Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl (be it Mayday or Anya), Scarlet Spider (either Kaine or Ben) and a Spider-Man team-up story (using either Peter or Miles and another hero) in one book? I wonder if that would sell better than any one of them on their own?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe Marvel should give the Batman Urban Legends format a try? That comic contains four stories, some are one-offs, others are multi-parters. Can you imagine maybe having Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl (be it Mayday or Anya), Scarlet Spider (either Kaine or Ben) and a Spider-Man team-up story (using either Peter or Miles and another hero) in one book? I wonder if that would sell better than any one of them on their own?
    I like that idea. Web of Spider-Man, or Spider-Man's Tangled Web.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only sells better if it is a Spider-man main with those other stories.Peter gets the main one and then you can have the other clones and Spider-girls.Better sales leads to more exposure which means more sales for their solo stuff.

Well, Batman appears in Urban Legends although I don't think he gets a feature story.

Then again even Batman gets more books than Spider-Man does.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Batman appears in Urban Legends although I don't think he gets a feature story.

Then again even Batman gets more books than Spider-Man does.
    Batman already has like 32% of total titles at Dc to him IIRC.46% if you include the bat-fam.
    Also bat-fam sells better than the spider related people.