Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    All the art looks great.This looks bad.Also do we know how old she is

I think she's in her 20's. She looks more like "What if 616 Gwen became a Superhero" than "What if Earth-65 Gwen became Batgirl."

She even has a clocktower headquarters ala BoP Babs.

Misty Knight her police liasion?

Looks like she inherited Spidey's crime boss Rogues Gallery's, with Black Mariah thrown in there as the token girl.

Extraordinary Member

I always wanted Spider-gwen to be around the same age as Peter.Would make a lot more sense and a much more interesting dynamic.
    I agree.This is a bad harley quinn-Batgirl-Spider-man ripoff.
    They really should have left all gwens for dead.Earth 65 can come to 616 once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I always wanted Spider-gwen to be around the same age as Peter.Would make a lot more sense and a much more interesting dynamic.
    I agree.This is a bad harley quinn-Batgirl-Spider-man ripoff.
    They really should have left all gwens for dead.Earth 65 can come to 616 once in a while
    I don't think she needs to be same age as Peter because she's a distinct character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she needs to be same age as Peter because she's a distinct character.
    Well having the same age doesn't make them a same characters.
    Just think the parallels would make much more sense and we would get plenty new ones.
    Also we would skip the awful miles romance.

Well having the same age doesn't make them a same characters.
    Just think the parallels would make much more sense and we would get plenty new ones.
    Also we would skip the awful miles romance.
    I think the parallels are there because she's age equivalent to what Peter was like as Spider-Man back then, so we see a contrast there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the parallels are there because she's age equivalent to what Peter was like as Spider-Man back then, so we see a contrast there.
    It gets that one parallel and then thats it.Would have loved to see an adult gwen with no friends.After she gets closure with talking to 616 peter she opens herself to making new friends again.

It gets that one parallel and then thats it.Would have loved to see an adult gwen with no friends.After she gets closure with talking to 616 peter she opens herself to making new friends again.
    I always imagined one way of working Ghost Spider into the main continuity is making her the Gwen Clone.

Fantastic Member

Night Gwen 1 Preview:

Seems like Gwen takes a cue from Matt Murdock. While she plays the role of the vigilante she functions as a criminal psychiatrist trying to redeem the criminals in Ravencroft. It's clear this Gwen adheres to Spidey's idealism and belief in humanity given her earnest attempts to humanize the villains she catches and refusal to give up on them.

Extraordinary Member

Read Night-gwen and I had no expectations but man was this bad.It's just plain awful.

The book clearly has an agenda.Every male is a trashbag. The 2 main people in her like i.e. her father and Peter who should have been a part of the story weren't even present.

Literally having ever guy in her life be obssesed about her or hit on her isn't a good look.

Also Gwen with an older person involved in a love affair is just a big no-no.

Gwen used flash to make Pete jealous in 616.This "relationship" made no sense.Pete would still meet gwen if not for Spidey.

Also from her mom talking down the knife guy and some of Gwen's dialogue it's really bad.

Also clearly they make her like women which is cool but again this is just a one-shot and her being into women doesn't influence the story at all.Just for the brownie points.

I understand it's an alt. universe but these things make the character.Changing all this makes it an entirely new character instead of a new take on a pre-existing one.

The flash being jackal is rushed af.

The art is on point though.Really great visuals.

Also no relevance to the overall story.

A terrible concept somehow even worse in its execution.

Read Night-gwen and I had no expectations but man was this bad.It's just plain awful.

The book clearly has an agenda.Every male is a trashbag. The 2 main people in her like i.e. her father and Peter who should have been a part of the story weren't even present.

Literally having ever guy in her life be obssesed about her or hit on her isn't a good look.

Also Gwen with an older person involved in a love affair is just a big no-no.

Gwen used flash to make Pete jealous in 616.This "relationship" made no sense.Pete would still meet gwen if not for Spidey.

Also from her mom talking down the knife guy and some of Gwen's dialogue it's really bad.

Also clearly they make her like women which is cool but again this is just a one-shot and her being into women doesn't influence the story at all.Just for the brownie points.

I understand it's an alt. universe but these things make the character.Changing all this makes it an entirely new character instead of a new take on a pre-existing one.

The flash being jackal is rushed af.

The art is on point though.Really great visuals.

Also no relevance to the overall story.

A terrible concept somehow even worse in its execution.
    Sounds about what I would expect from a story turning 616 Gwen into a Superhero.

Would he? Peter dropped out of college due to Aunt May's death during Amazing Shutterbug. The ending of Shutterbug also explains Peter's absence here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would he? Peter dropped out of college due to Aunt May's death during Amazing Shutterbug. The ending of Shutterbug also explains Peter's absence here.
    Fair enough, I forgot about that part.Just feel like they could easily have made a connection between the 2 if they wanted to.It would have made the story better.
    Although the way men are written in this they would probably write Peter as a simp who expects Gwen to be with him because she was nice to him and Gwen's father would probably be dead or abusive/cheating and then leaving them.
    Seriously though, all the guys were written horribly.
    The relationship(Gwen and Flash) is still bad and all the other points still stand.