Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So I read the Marvel Action Captain Marvel issue since they used Gwen for Wolverine Publicity and…my god they just **** all over her and two other heroes’ character. Carol runs into Gwen when they get attacked by Doc Ock and Mysterio. Gwen fights them off screaming hammy superhero **** the entire time and Carol offers to help…and Gwen says no? Huh?

Carol helps anyway then the character assassination is revealed - those two were actually Kamala and Squirrel Girl wearing diaguises in order to fake heroics. Are you fucking kidding me? Do any of these characters seem the type to pull off scummy **** like this? Even worse when Carol is obviously shocked and asks them about engineering heroics they just feebly defend themselves by saying they’re trying to up their superhero resume so people know who they are and to go to them for help.

Then it shits all over other teenage heroes by showing heroes like Miles Morales and Nico Minoru having fucking tiktok channels trying to garner views, cause apparently teen heroes care more about clout than just doing good for the sake of it? There’s something wrong when Captain Marvel has to tell these three heroes who’ve proven selfess time and again that being a superhero is about doing good and not getting likes.

Who in the ever loving **** wrote this and did any of them ever ready any stories about Gwen, Kamala or Squirrel Girl? Cause none of those three are every portrayed as clout chasers, even Gwen who was one of the main characters of Marvel Action Spider-Man. Her flaws there were deflecting blame and assuming she was right all the time, not being a Jaystation level scumbag hounding for likes. She was already flawed in an understandable way, you didn’t need to turn her into a Gen Z caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    So I read the Marvel Action Captain Marvel issue since they used Gwen for Wolverine Publicity and…my god they just **** all over her and two other heroes’ character. Carol runs into Gwen when they get attacked by Doc Ock and Mysterio. Gwen fights them off screaming hammy superhero **** the entire time and Carol offers to help…and Gwen says no? Huh?

Carol helps anyway then the character assassination is revealed - those two were actually Kamala and Squirrel Girl wearing diaguises in order to fake heroics. Are you fucking kidding me? Do any of these characters seem the type to pull off scummy **** like this? Even worse when Carol is obviously shocked and asks them about engineering heroics they just feebly defend themselves by saying they’re trying to up their superhero resume so people know who they are and to go to them for help.

Then it shits all over other teenage heroes by showing heroes like Miles Morales and Nico Minoru having fucking tiktok channels trying to garner views, cause apparently teen heroes care more about clout than just doing good for the sake of it? There’s something wrong when Captain Marvel has to tell these three heroes who’ve proven selfess time and again that being a superhero is about doing good and not getting likes.

Who in the ever loving **** wrote this and did any of them ever ready any stories about Gwen, Kamala or Squirrel Girl? Cause none of those three are every portrayed as clout chasers, even Gwen who was one of the main characters of Marvel Action Spider-Man. Her flaws there were deflecting blame and assuming she was right all the time, not being a Jaystation level scumbag hounding for likes. She was already flawed in an understandable way, you didn’t need to turn her into a Gen Z caricature.
    Wow...that sounds pretty dumb.

Sort of Spider-Gwen related but given how the Ghost Spider vs Carnage mini ended showing that MJ still had traces of her connection to Carnage/Knull, what do you think they’ll do with that? Think they’ll take it in a similar direction as the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon where something similar happens and MJ gained control of it and became a hero or do you think she’ll go full on villain?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Sort of Spider-Gwen related but given how the Ghost Spider vs Carnage mini ended showing that MJ still had traces of her connection to Carnage/Knull, what do you think they’ll do with that? Think they’ll take it in a similar direction as the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon where something similar happens and MJ gained control of it and became a hero or do you think she’ll go full on villain?
    Villain is unlikely. Assuming they’ll go for the anti-hero route, especially since Mj was set up as jealous of Gwen’s abilities and craving her own. It’s likely Gwen will have to help her find her footing as a hero and prioritizing heroics over her ego and selfish desires.

Assuming we ever see them again .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Villain is unlikely. Assuming they’ll go for the anti-hero route, especially since Mj was set up as jealous of Gwen’s abilities and craving her own. It’s likely Gwen will have to help her find her footing as a hero and prioritizing heroics over her ego and selfish desires.
    That could work, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Assuming we ever see them again .
    Point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well given how they’re currently stuck in 616, she could always go to Peter and Jessica for help. Gotta wonder how MJ would react to her 616 counterpart especially with her current career as an actress.

Extraordinary Member

Well given how they’re currently stuck in 616, she could always go to Peter and Jessica for help. Gotta wonder how MJ would react to her 616 counterpart especially with her current career as an actress.
    I mean that would be cool af. Spider-man makes sense specially because is the brains as well and has MJ in his supporting cast.
    Jessica not so much imo.Save them for a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean that would be cool af. Spider-man makes sense specially because is the brains as well and has MJ in his supporting cast.
    Jessica not so much imo.Save them for a different story.
    Jess would also make sense as well. She can be a screwup at times but she was a mentor figure/confidant for Gwen after Spider-Verse and it’s been a while since they interacted.

Fantastic Member

Why are they stuck? Gwen can go back once the Knull event finishes since the reason she’s away from Earth-65 is due to being blackmailed by the Storms. There’s nothing physically keeping her away.

Extraordinary Member

Jess would also make sense as well. She can be a screwup at times but she was a mentor figure/confidant for Gwen after Spider-Verse and it’s been a while since they interacted.
    No I meant for the carnage situation.That stuff in general requires a brain and specially symbiote stuff is Pete's forte.
    Also having Peter meet 1610 MJ after they didn't in Spider-men would be great.They both know each other exist but have never talked.
    Jess and Gwen can work but this story just won't benefit from it.

Fantastic Member

No I meant for the carnage situation.That stuff in general requires a brain and specially symbiote stuff is Pete's forte.
    Also having Peter meet 1610 MJ after they didn't in Spider-men would be great.They both know each other exist but have never talked.
    Thing is Gwen doesn’t know MJ is still infected. She thinks she’s cured.

I don't think there's much of a point to Peter meeting 1610 MJ.

Extraordinary Member

Thing is Gwen doesn’t know MJ is still infected. She thinks she’s cured.
    Yeah I mean when she finds out.Whether it is the easy way or the hard way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think there's much of a point to Peter meeting 1610 MJ.
    Of course there is.They saw each other in Spider-men but MJ ran away because she couldn't talk.It would be one of the better interactions in multiversal stuff specially cause we know both those characters very well.
    Would make much more sense than Jess meeting her.
    I'm sorry but I think most people want to see this.