Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXJ3_...ture=emb_title

Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Part One (2022). First footage and film's name revealed today. Glad Gwen's had minor changes. Gwen's costume in Edge of Spider-Verse #2 was an instant classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXJ3_...ture=emb_title

Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Part One (2022). First footage and film's name revealed today. Glad Gwen's had minor changes. Gwen's costume in Edge of Spider-Verse #2 was an instant classic.
    Well maybe with this announcement we can figure out what happened to Gwen after her knull event. She is still in the main 616 with the other MJ
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Well maybe with this announcement we can figure out what happened to Gwen after her knull event. She is still in the main 616 with the other MJ
    I guess after the multiverse mini it might give them an excuse to relaunch her solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess after the multiverse mini it might give them an excuse to relaunch her solo.
    All they do is relaunch does that actually help them?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I mean, it gives them stuff to put in trade...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I mean, it gives them stuff to put in trade...
    And it's not like she's the only one who's gotten repeated relaunches. It happens with every character Marvel's majorly invested in promoting, even if some get questioned less than others, for whatever reason.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And it's not like she's the only one who's gotten repeated relaunches. It happens with every character Marvel's majorly invested in promoting, even if some get questioned less than others, for whatever reason.
    Never forget the queen of relaunches, Carol Danvers .

And the king of relaunches --- the Punisher himself, spinning off from the 1970s Amazing Spider-Man comics. His last series was Vol. 12. Hers (still going for the moment) is only Vol. 10.

The new update for Marvel Strike Force will feature Spider-Woman (under her current name, ghost something), Scarlet Spider and Spider-Punk. See details here

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The new update for Marvel Strike Force will feature Spider-Woman (under her current name, ghost something), Scarlet Spider and Spider-Punk. See details here

Neat for those Spider-Heroes .

That's her real super-power after becoming Captain Marvel .

And the king of relaunches --- the Punisher himself, spinning off from the 1970s Amazing Spider-Man comics. His last series was Vol. 12. Hers (still going for the moment) is only Vol. 10.
    To be fair to Carol, the first 6 volumes weren't about her (Which were from Mar-vell, Monica, Genis and Khn'nr, and Genis himself got 3 volumes, so half of the pre-Carol volumes were his'), only in volume 7 is where she got the comic.

If we count her actual comics, then she got "just" 6, the original Ms. Marvel comic from the 70's, the second one from 2000's, and any of the Captain Marvel ones starting from volume 7, so yeah, she's not on Frank's level yet, merely half of his relaunch power .

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

Cool take on (Ghost-)Spider-Gwen's design, though Anarchic Spider-Man's spikes kind of worry me. Nice Scarlet Spider, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's her real super-power after becoming Captain Marvel .

To be fair to Carol, the first 6 volumes weren't about her (Which were from Mar-vell, Monica, Genis and Khn'nr, and Genis himself got 3 volumes, so half of the pre-Carol volumes were his'), only in volume 7 is where she got the comic.

If we count her actual comics, then she got "just" 6, the original Ms. Marvel comic from the 70's, the second one from 2000's, and any of the Captain Marvel ones starting from volume 7, so yeah, she's not on Frank's level yet, merely half of his relaunch power .
    Pretty much, yeah. If repeated relaunches alone were a sign of a failed character, well . . . I don't see those same arguments concerning the Punisher.

Pretty much, yeah. If repeated relaunches alone were a sign of a failed character, well . . . I don't see those same arguments concerning the Punisher.
    Punisher is basically a B-lister when it comes to comics, so while he's more known than average, it's hard to translate his stuff into on-going comics.

Though it's also possible he gets meh writers often, he's the kind of character who can easily attract writers who try too hard with him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Punisher is basically a B-lister when it comes to comics, so while he's more known than average, it's hard to translate his stuff into on-going comics.

Though it's also possible he gets meh writers often, he's the kind of character who can easily attract writers who try too hard with him lol.
    True enough, yeah, though he is (in)famous enough now that just about nobody in the "mainstream" knows he debuted in a Spider-Man comic back in the 1970s. Speaking of Spider-Man, and to tie this back to (Ghost-)Spider-Gwen, I wonder whatever became of that version of Castle. I mean, he started off as a cop who went over the edge chasing after her and had to be taken down before he ironically endangered the very innocents he was trying to "protect" from her, only to end up going full vigilante himself, and before that, he was in the War Machine PMC (private military contractor) headed by that reality's Tony Stark, who was never actually seen in the comics themselves. That said, given the name and that variant of Tony is (probably) still a mechanical engineering genius, I could see him making a mech suit (wearable or pilotable depending on the size) and marketing it to S.H.I.E.L.D. or something like that. In that vein, I'm hoping Across the Spider-Verse ends up giving Marvel an "excuse" to relaunch (Ghost-)Spider-Gwen and properly address the developments in her world.