Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
Not really? 616 Gwen was a high society rich girl and publicly known as being one of the prettiest women in ESU. This Gwen is more of a punk rocker tomboy who's very clearly distinct from her 616 counterpart. I mean can you see 616 Gwen Stacy playing in a band, fighting off bullies or playing Dungeons and Dragons? I sure can't, any more than I can see 65 Gwen going to high society parties and playing the role of the socialite. 616 Gwen herself points out how 65 Gwen is nothing like her:

Peter says they're similar but it kinda comes across like he's just placating Gwen than anything else.

There are also some other differences like the Stacy's relative wealth. 616 Captain Stacy is clearly high ranked and there was an uptown girl vibe between her and Peter. 65 Gwen lived right next door to the Parkers and appears to be upper middle class at best, removing the disparity between her and Peter. Just because they're dimensional counterparts doesn't mean they're really similar. 65 Gwen really has more similarities to Ultimate Gwen given her status as a rough and tumble punk.
Yeah, Earth-65 Gwen feels way more like Ultimate Gwen than 616 Gwen.