Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 204
  1. #166
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Batman appears in Urban Legends although I don't think he gets a feature story.

    Then again even Batman gets more books than Spider-Man does.
    Yeah, the feature story in Urban Legends is Red Hood.

    But, this is why I included a Spider-Man team-up story as one of the options. It doesn't have to be Peter - Miles is popular enough too. But it would need an actual Spider-Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that idea. Web of Spider-Man, or Spider-Man's Tangled Web.
    Well, there's already a current book called Web of Spider-Man, so they couldn't use that. Tangled Web would work, and there's been a book called Spider-Man Family at one point, right?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-18-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #167
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the feature story in Urban Legends is Red Hood.

    But, this is why I included a Spider-Man team-up story as one of the options. It doesn't have to be Peter - Miles is popular enough too. But it would need an actual Spider-Man.

    Well, there's already a current book called Web of Spider-Man, so they couldn't use that. Tangled Web would work, and there's been a book called Spider-Man Family at one point, right?
    Again if Miles is the main for every issue of the series then it would feel like a rip-off.He is a spider-man, not the spider-man.
    When i hear Spider-man I hear peter parker.
    If you say the book will be Spider-man miles morales then no problems.
    Miles would sell but Peter sells better.

  3. #168
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again if Miles is the main for every issue of the series then it would feel like a rip-off.He is a spider-man, not the spider-man.
    When i hear Spider-man I hear peter parker.
    If you say the book will be Spider-man miles morales then no problems.
    Miles would sell but Peter sells better.
    But for others Miles is an equally valid Spider-Man.

  4. #169
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But for others Miles is an equally valid Spider-Man.
    I agree.But this isn't about validation.
    When I see a Batman title I expect Bruce not Fox.
    Unless there has been as massive status quo shift that is how it remains.
    And as for the sales Spider-man books sell much better than Miles even though he has picked up the pace in the past few months specially because of his "clone saga"

  5. #170
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree.But this isn't about validation.
    When I see a Batman title I expect Bruce not Fox.
    Unless there has been as massive status quo shift that is how it remains.
    And as for the sales Spider-man books sell much better than Miles even though he has picked up the pace in the past few months specially because of his "clone saga"
    I don't think it's as simple as that though. At least for others.

  6. #171
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's as simple as that though. At least for others.
    Please elaborate.
    All I said was if I am told I will get one thing then I want said thing.
    If you want to do something else then tell me what it is.
    There's no opinion here, I'm not saying Miles shouldn't be the featured story but I want to know that Miles will be the one.If you say it's a Spider-man feature then I will assume Peter as most others.Even Marvel says Spider-man and mean Peter.Even in the recent darkhold promotion.
    Peter is Spider-man whereas Miles is a spiderman. Same as Clark is Superman and Jon is a superman and Bruce is Batman and Fox is a batman.
    Again Miles can be your Spider-man, same with Jon and Fox but Peter is the Spider-man same as Clark and Bruce.
    And the sales stuff is from sites like Comichron etc.

  7. #172
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Please elaborate.
    All I said was if I am told I will get one thing then I want said thing.
    If you want to do something else then tell me what it is.
    There's no opinion here, I'm not saying Miles shouldn't be the featured story but I want to know that Miles will be the one.If you say it's a Spider-man feature then I will assume Peter as most others.Even Marvel says Spider-man and mean Peter.Even in the recent darkhold promotion.
    Peter is Spider-man whereas Miles is a spiderman. Same as Clark is Superman and Jon is a superman and Bruce is Batman and Fox is a batman.
    Again Miles can be your Spider-man, same with Jon and Fox but Peter is the Spider-man same as Clark and Bruce.
    And the sales stuff is from sites like Comichron etc.
    If it's an anthology title related to Spider-Man then I don't think Spider-Man would necessarily be in it unless the premise is just various different Spider-Man stories and not just characters within that world.

  8. #173
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If it's an anthology title related to Spider-Man then I don't think Spider-Man would necessarily be in it unless the premise is just various different Spider-Man stories and not just characters within that world.
    Again if it's an anthology called Spider-man:blah-blah-blah then it's a Spider-man book.Hence Peter.
    If it's a Spider-family book then Peter doesn't need to take centre stage for every issue but still should be the most prominently featured character.
    Again if they are very apparent in promotional material that it's Miles prominent and is called like Spider-man:black and red or something it's fine if not a little cheap.

    Also since this discussion started about Gwen I just don't like the ship in general.They will probably do it for the ITSV 2 but it only degrades both characters.Miles needs to build and interact with his own cast instead of branching out with weak roots.

  9. #174
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again if it's an anthology called Spider-man:blah-blah-blah then it's a Spider-man book.Hence Peter.
    If it's a Spider-family book then Peter doesn't need to take centre stage for every issue but still should be the most prominently featured character.
    Again if they are very apparent in promotional material that it's Miles prominent and is called like Spider-man:black and red or something it's fine if not a little cheap.

    Also since this discussion started about Gwen I just don't like the ship in general.They will probably do it for the ITSV 2 but it only degrades both characters.Miles needs to build and interact with his own cast instead of branching out with weak roots.
    It can be a Spider-Man franchise book that doesn't involve Spider-Man as a leading character so long as it's set in his world. He can still appear though.

    I'm not particularly invested in the relationship in comics, and apparently neither were the writers, but I think it was cute in the movies.

  10. #175
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It can be a Spider-Man franchise book that doesn't involve Spider-Man as a leading character so long as it's set in his world. He can still appear though.

    I'm not particularly invested in the relationship in comics, and apparently neither were the writers, but I think it was cute in the movies.
    I agree.If they make it clear and market it as a franchise thing that focuses on multiple people then sure.But Spidey should still be the most prominent overall.Not saying he should have all the main stories but have the most appearences and story.After all it is a Spider-man book.

    It was nice in the movies but the characters are different.Also the lack of romance was something that made me like the movie more.The comic book adaptations were terrible though.

  11. #176
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree.If they make it clear and market it as a franchise thing that focuses on multiple people then sure.But Spidey should still be the most prominent overall.Not saying he should have all the main stories but have the most appearences and story.After all it is a Spider-man book.
    I mean, it depends what kind of stories they want to tell. I don't think they need to force Spider-Man into stories involving certain characters like Silk or Ghost Spider.
    It was nice in the movies but the characters are different.Also the lack of romance was something that made me like the movie more.The comic book adaptations were terrible though.
    True. I think they did a good job building up a slow-burn relationship.

  12. #177
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it depends what kind of stories they want to tell. I don't think they need to force Spider-Man into stories involving certain characters like Silk or Ghost Spider.

    True. I think they did a good job building up a slow-burn relationship.
    I feel he fits in best with those characters.WE haven't gotten any Spide-silk platonic stuff and no SPider-gwen Pete.Again he doesn't need to be in every story but needs to have the most story in comparison to the rest.Not to say that he should be in each one.

  13. #178
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I feel he fits in best with those characters.WE haven't gotten any Spide-silk platonic stuff and no SPider-gwen Pete.Again he doesn't need to be in every story but needs to have the most story in comparison to the rest.Not to say that he should be in each one.
    I'm pretty done with any Spidey/Silk stuff at this point. I kind of liked what they were building up with Peter and Gwen but then that got torpedoed with her Outlawed outburst.

    He usually has more than one solo ongoing so I don't think he needs to lead an anthology series, if they made one. Maybe if they just did him with a lead story once, but that's about it. Unless it's actually an anthology just about him.

  14. #179
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty done with any Spidey/Silk stuff at this point. I kind of liked what they were building up with Peter and Gwen but then that got torpedoed with her Outlawed outburst.

    He usually has more than one solo ongoing so I don't think he needs to lead an anthology series, if they made one. Maybe if they just did him with a lead story once, but that's about it. Unless it's actually an anthology just about him.
    They should do more Spidey/silk in a friends way imo.
    Spider-man and Spider-gwen have a couple of good moments but they need to to develop that so much more.The potential is there and they aren't even scratching the surface.

    Miles has a solo as well.Pete doesn't really have a secondary solo rn.Non-stop has been a mess.If we had an ongoing like friendly neighbourhood or Spectacular then I could agree.
    Also if the book is Spider-man (or even Spider-fam to an extent) then Pete should be the main guy.Again not every story but when all the issues are put together he should have the most stuff.Not by a landslide just a healthy margin.
    Also the Batman comparison isn't really valid because batman is the single most over-exposed character in the history of fiction.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.

  15. #180
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They should do more Spidey/silk in a friends way imo.
    Spider-man and Spider-gwen have a couple of good moments but they need to to develop that so much more.The potential is there and they aren't even scratching the surface.
    After the last few times I've seen Peter and Cindy together, I'm just not in the mood for it.

    Agreed about the potential for Peter and Gwen, though.
    Miles has a solo as well.Pete doesn't really have a secondary solo rn.Non-stop has been a mess.If we had an ongoing like friendly neighbourhood or Spectacular then I could agree.
    Also if the book is Spider-man (or even Spider-fam to an extent) then Pete should be the main guy.Again not every story but when all the issues are put together he should have the most stuff.Not by a landslide just a healthy margin.
    Also the Batman comparison isn't really valid because batman is the single most over-exposed character in the history of fiction.
    Peter is probably going to have another traditional secondary solo again in the near future.

    I just don't think an anthology series that might be for other characters that might not get mini's or their own series needs Spider-Man in most of the stories unless it's just to kick it off.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •